EVGA

Custom in-desk build help

Author
codo180
  • Total Posts : 32
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/12/03 08:36:57 (permalink)
So I just unloaded my trusty old rig in favor of building an all EVGA 9700k/2080 build. My old rig was housed in a big ol Thermaltake Overseer, this time around now that I have my own house with an office, I want to do a custom case build with the PC housed inside the desk. The original idea is basically to have the PC mounted on its side, or motherboard down flat, with the top of the "case" flush with the surface of the desk, which will also be custom made (master carpenter father :D). There would be a hatch on the top for access. I've never done this kinda thing before, and I want some help from people who know.

I originally envisioned a plexiglass kind of case so that it would be clear, but I'm not sure such a kind exists that I would trust to withstand the heat. Then I've been thinking of taking an old case I have kicking around and just gut it and mount that as I explained, cut holes for extra fans, but that probably isn't gonna look as nice as I'd like. Anyone on the forums have experience with this or any tips on what I should consider in doing this? I've only ordered the ram and storage so far, waiting on the Z390 boards to come out still anyway. Thanks 

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Custom in-desk build help 2018/12/03 08:41:38 (permalink)
    Welcome to the EVGA Forums

There are several builds like this ..., check the Mods Rigs builds of others

by default the bottom of the page shows last 30 days .... you can click & select a longer period of time

Here is one:     https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2684793

ALSO...... check here      https://www.modsrigs.com/search.aspx

select "Search by - Case"  "desk" in search box,  click search button

18 results pop up

you can look for any build logs on the forums, now that you know Members Name & what they call their Rig

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

seth89
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5290
    • Ribbons : 14
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102253
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Custom in-desk build help 2018/12/26 11:35:40 (permalink)
    There are dedicated desk cases you can buy from Lian-Li and Hydra but these cost a very large amount. The cheapest method is to build your own if you're good with woodworking and/or aluminum.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile