Crystal Dynamics reportedly gearing up to announce new Tomb Raider game

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102253
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2023/01/23 23:59:17 (permalink)
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/crystal-dynamics-reportedly-gearing-up-to-announce-new-tomb-raider-game/

Crystal Dynamics has been planning a new Tomb Raider game for a while now. Back in 2021, the studio stated it wanted to merge more elements of classic Tomb Raider into its next game and by the end of last year, it was announced that Amazon has signed on to publish the new game. Now, it seems the next Lara Croft adventure will be officially announced this year. 

In an exputer report claiming that Crystal Dynamics would scrap future development for Marvel's Avengers, it was also claimed that the studio is gearing up to announce the next Tomb Raider game later this year. With Avengers out of the way, Crystal Dynamics' will shift resources to focus on finishing up the next Tomb Raider game. Aside from Tomb Raider, the studio is also thinking about reviving the Legacy of Kain IP, following on from fan demand in a survey in late 2022.

This report has already been proven partially accurate, as shortly after going live, Crystal Dynamics did indeed announce plans to wind down development on its Avengers game, scrapping plans for all future content. From Q3 onwards, the game will no longer receive updates, although anyone who owns the game will continue to be able to play. Given that this portion of the report was accurate, it lends some validity to the idea that the next Tomb Raider game will be announced this year. Whether or not this will be a full reveal or a logo announcement with the goal of recruiting developers to work on the project, still remains to be seen. As always, game development is dynamic and timelines often shift around, so even with this seemingly trustworthy information in hand, plans can change.

Lots of interesting development for Crystal Dynamics. I'm interested to see if the Kain IP takes off. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

3 Replies Related Threads

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Crystal Dynamics reportedly gearing up to announce new Tomb Raider game 2023/01/24 06:50:43 (permalink)
    Tomb Raider games have all been pretty decent  ....

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10329
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: Crystal Dynamics reportedly gearing up to announce new Tomb Raider game 2023/01/27 08:07:44 (permalink)
    aka_STEVE_b
    Tomb Raider games have all been pretty decent  ....

Agreed.  I'm looking forward to a new one...

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Crystal Dynamics reportedly gearing up to announce new Tomb Raider game 2023/01/27 10:28:58 (permalink)
    I didn’t get into Tomb Raider until the recent trilogy but really like those games. I would be really happy to see more Tomb Raider games and a new series.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile