EVGA

Could an internal fault on an EVGA Supernova 650G only allow it to work on an 8 pin board

Author
grbal
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/10/24 18:07:44 (permalink)
I have an older Asrock Z170 motherboard that was playing up. Sent it for to local PC repairer in New Zealand for inspection, and they believe it to be a failing board. On return the PSU wouldn't even turn on the motherboard, so tried it on other boards lying around to be sure it was still OK. It wouldn't work on any of the 4 pin boards I had lying around, but it did power up an 8 pin motherboard I use as a home media PC. It also tests ok on one of those PSU test boxes. Everything I have read indicates it should be just fine just using one of the the 4pin plugs into the board-thoughts?  I'd be scared to use it in anything else in case it killed the original board.  If the PSU is dodgy I think it would still be within any EVGA 10 year warranty, being Gold, but I never registered it at the time which was probably between 4 and 8 years back.. Not having much luck with EVGA tech dept as they would like me to register the PSU first against my account but the site won't accept the part number and serial number combination, presumably as its not currently sold - catch 22.   (& Not helped by Auckland being in its 3rd month of Covid lockdown so I can't go anywhere). Cheers

1 Reply Related Threads

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102300
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Could an internal fault on an EVGA Supernova 650G only allow it to work on an 8 pin bo 2021/11/01 03:03:15 (permalink)
    forwarded to EVGA

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile