Corsair iCUE notification windows update

Author
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 38
2018/11/16 05:38:13 (permalink)
Corsair has struck a nerve with some of it's customers by adding iCUE notification to recent windows updates. If it detects a Corsair product connected, without ICUE software installed. You will see a popup notifying about ICUE software. Some people have reported that windows 10 downloaded a driver for the Corsair product connected, without giving them a choice.

It looks like Corsair pulled ICUE notification from windows update for now. Let's hope it stays that way. Corsair, if you want to alert customers about ICUE software, do that in the box the product came in. Another way to do it, have some of the paid sponsors like OC3DTV on youtube, spend more discussing ICUE software, when reviewing Corsair product that use the software. 

1 Reply Related Threads

Tyver
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 176
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Corsair iCUE notification windows update 2018/12/14 15:25:54 (permalink)
    I dont like the idea of it automatically downloading and install the software. However I do like the idea of having a popup notification about where to download the software. I rarely read manuals and just toss them aside, same with most of the paperwork in the box. Having a one time notification telling me where its at and leading me to it is something I would consider very useful. Especially if I didnt even know there was a program with a product I bought, which is very possible since I dont read manuals unless I have issues.

Just a novice following the dream to be a master

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile