EVGA

Cooler fan of the EVGA GTX 560 only starts to spin when I touch it

Author
VishnuKMR
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/04/21 07:52:37 (permalink)
I have a VGA EVGA GTX 560 and it's very difficult for the fan to start running on its own. Generally I only need to touch the fan (1mm I move with the finger already solves), there the day passes normally, but when I turn off the PC and I call the other day the problem happens again. The curious thing is that if I turn it off and then turn on the PC after I have already scrambled, it works normally.
Even with the fan set to run at 100% in MSI Afterburner, it does not work, it only works when I'm backing the fan myself.
I tried to open it to lubricate, but it was impossible (I pushed the limit, I think it would break the plastic), because under the sticker not that cover to open and take the lock.
The fan is a Cooler Master FY09015H12LPA and I already ordered another one on eBay, but I'm not sure that the problem is in it, in the source (CX430M) or in the VGA.

Sorry for my bad english (Google Translator).

Any suggestion?

1 Reply Related Threads

MDeckerM
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1799
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: Cooler fan of the EVGA GTX 560 only starts to spin when I touch it 2017/04/21 20:21:43 (permalink)
    Hello,

I am sorry to hear that. Have you been able to test the fan header on the card with a separate VGA cooler? I am curious if the fan is defective or the physical fan header on the graphics card PCB.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile