Author
gsrcrxsi
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 985
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
2021/02/26 06:44:15 (permalink)
please just stop saying this.

Not a single person here, other than EVGA employees (who would never post the specifics anyway) are aware of the existence or contents of any supposed contractual agreements.

Yes, it's easy to imagine that they might exist since it's commonplace in business in general. but please stop using it as a scapegoat for every single bad thing that happens or the reason for short supply for the queues or anything else.

one person brings it up and all of the sudden everyone is regurgitating it. just stop it.

Rig1: EPYC 7V12 | [4] RTX A4000
Rig2: EPYC 7B12 | [5] 3080Ti + [2] 2080Ti
Rig3: EPYC 7B12 | [6] 3070Ti + [2] 3060
Rig4: [2] EPYC 7742 | RTX A2000
Rig5: [2] EPYC 7642
Rig6: EPYC 7551 | [4] Titan V

49 Replies Related Threads

jdcarpe
    • Total Posts : 62
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 06:46:59 (permalink)
    Just because you don't like it doesn't make it untrue.
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 07:07:40 (permalink)
    gsrcrxsi
    please just stop saying this.

Not a single person here, other than EVGA employees (who would never post the specifics anyway) are aware of the existence or contents of any supposed contractual agreements.

Yes, it's easy to imagine that they might exist since it's commonplace in business in general. but please stop using it as a scapegoat for every single bad thing that happens or the reason for short supply for the queues or anything else.

one person brings it up and all of the sudden everyone is regurgitating it. just stop it.

Just which ones are you referring to? The Intel only builds?

And people can say whatever they like, regardless of your distaste.

They don't make AMD boards because of contractual agreements with Intel.

See?
    Deal with it.

Edit: They don't make AMD GPU's because of contractual agreements with Nvidia.

Deal with it.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 07:21:06 (permalink)
    Be glad EVGA has contractual agreements with Intel and Nvidia. EVGA is a small company and they have enough on their plates trying to make good products with just those two companies. Add AMD in the mix and EVGA would be putting out trash instead of the reliable products we have all come to know and love.
    gsrcrxsi
    SSC Member
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 07:28:37 (permalink)
    I don't care if contracts do or don't exist. I'm just saying that everyone is using this as the reason for low supply to the Notification and Step Up queues, and speaking in absolute terms as if they know for certainty. You don't know, you can't know, so stop pretending.

msv7
    • Total Posts : 24
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 07:41:37 (permalink)
    gsrcrxsi
    I don't care if contracts do or don't exist. I'm just saying that everyone is using this as the reason for low supply to the Notification and Step Up queues, and speaking in absolute terms as if they know for certainty. You don't know, you can't know, so stop pretending.

What's so wrong about a reasonable assumption though, especially if the assumption is standard practice? They've got orders to fulfill and I'm sure accounts like Best Buy, Newegg, Amazon, etc are huge for EVGA. So if people ask why the notification queue gets less cards than the store partners, it's a reasonable explanation to go to.
    kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5004
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 07:44:40 (permalink)
    They don't use contractual agreements in the Graphics Card Industry, they use secret handshakes and blood oaths.
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 07:53:02 (permalink)
    gsrcrxsi

I highly doubt anyone around here is saying anything like that with absolutes, although your personal filter might be picking up as that out of frustration. Over the years some of us old boomers have picked up pieces of info from here and there from articles, videos, employees, ex employees etc.... and they are trying to give you, or whoever, a little of that info to help you understand some of the inner workings. For instance .... its common knowledge that nvidia doesnt just sell the top tier cards when a new series releases to there AIB partners, they also make them take a load of the prior series lower end cards too to relieve inventory, which is the reason that XFX got spanked and were forbidden by nvidia for getting any cards anymore period. They wouldnt take the large load of older low end cards. Thats why EVGA has low end old cards and not any new top tier cards. Interesting right?! Dont get upset about it brotha, its not gonna help ya. Just hear it, acknowledge it and let it go cause it will work itself out eventually. Think of this.... as the loads get dropped and peoples orders are filled, every drop after that gets closer to normal retail sales again cause thats a hundred, or two hundred..... whatever is, that are eliminated with every load.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    jdcarpe
    • Total Posts : 62
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 07:53:58 (permalink)
    kevinc313
    They don't use contractual agreements in the Graphics Card Industry, they use secret handshakes and blood oaths.

I believe lately it's the "I cross my heart and hope to die; stick a needle in my eye" promise they use most commonly.
    gsrcrxsi
    SSC Member
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 08:15:44 (permalink)
    wmmills
    gsrcrxsi

I highly doubt anyone around here is saying anything like that with absolutes, although your personal filter might be picking up as that out of frustration. Over the years some of us old boomers have picked up pieces of info from here and there from articles, videos, employees, ex employees etc.... and they are trying to give you, or whoever, a little of that info to help you understand some of the inner workings. For instance .... its common knowledge that nvidia doesnt just sell the top tier cards when a new series releases to there AIB partners, they also make them take a load of the prior series lower end cards too to relieve inventory, which is the reason that XFX got spanked and were forbidden by nvidia for getting any cards anymore period. They wouldnt take the large load of older low end cards. Thats why EVGA has low end old cards and not any new top tier cards. Interesting right?! Dont get upset about it brotha, its not gonna help ya. Just hear it, acknowledge it and let it go cause it will work itself out eventually. Think of this.... as the loads get dropped and peoples orders are filled, every drop after that gets closer to normal retail sales again cause thats a hundred, or two hundred..... whatever is, that are eliminated with every load.

go through the last few weeks of posts. several people have started parroting this "contractual agreements" line. they're all over the place.

I have little frustration with getting cards as I've been able to get a 3070 and 3060 from the Notification queues by being fast on the first day (which seems to be the most efficient method in terms of personal effort required). It just bugs me when people start spouting nonsense that they have no idea about. 

exlink
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 08:47:27 (permalink)
    It just bugs me when people start spouting nonsense that they have no idea about. 

Welcome to the internet.
    gsrcrxsi
    SSC Member
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 08:50:37 (permalink)
    exlink
    It just bugs me when people start spouting nonsense that they have no idea about. 

Welcome to the internet.

true. but this is a recent problem that can be nipped in the bud ;)

kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5004
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 08:51:25 (permalink)
    exlink

Welcome to the internet.

Protip - avoid Reddit, Facebook and Twitter.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 08:52:42 (permalink)
    gsrcrxsi
    wmmills
    gsrcrxsi

go through the last few weeks of posts. several people have started parroting this "contractual agreements" line. they're all over the place.

I have little frustration with getting cards as I've been able to get a 3070 and 3060 from the Notification queues by being fast on the first day (which seems to be the most efficient method in terms of personal effort required). It just bugs me when people start spouting nonsense that they have no idea about. 

I went to microcenter this morning, there was at least 50 people lined up before they opened, and not a single card inside the store.. they were already sold out, because believe it or not, there was low stock everywhere, not just in the queue and step up.
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 08:53:46 (permalink)
    gsrcrxsi

Ah, okay I see where you were going with this thread. Yeah it's disheartening to be sitting in the Step-Up queue since September and the purchasing queue since October on a RTX 3080 and I don't know the reason for the very slow leak of cards to EVGA's queue system.

I do have to admit I was in the September queue for a RTX 3090 and my number came up, but I decided the cost of the card wasn't worth it and passed on the purchase. However at that time I was in the Step-Up queue for a RTX 3080 four days earlier than I did the purchase queue on the RTX 3090, so I thought the RTX 3080 was coming soon and I had no idea cards were going to be so hard to get.

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 09:05:23 (permalink)
    You do know, of course, that when eVGA sends cards to e-tailers, they're actually sold to the e-tailers and therefore eVGA is CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED TO PROVIDE THEM.

They don't just willy nilly send cards to Amazon, Newegg or other places...

They'd probably already SOLD them to the e-tailers via legal agreements prior to the release of the cards.

Don't like it? Don't care.

I'll say whatever I want.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

gsrcrxsi
    SSC Member
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 09:21:43 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    You do know, of course, that when eVGA sends cards to e-tailers, they're actually sold to the e-tailers and therefore eVGA is CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED TO PROVIDE THEM.

They'd probably already SOLD them to the e-tailers via legal agreements prior to the release of the cards.

since you KNOW these contracts exist, then you must be privvy to the specifics yeah? fill us in on the details on exactly how many units are allocated to each retailer. i'll wait.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 09:40:21 (permalink)
    gsrcrxsi
    transdogmifier

since you KNOW these contracts exist, then you must be privvy to the specifics yeah? fill us in on the details on exactly how many units are allocated to each retailer. i'll wait.

Im pretty sure one of the bigger YouTuber s did a video about this months ago, showing how many cards they had ordered by the vendor versus how many had been delivered by the manufacturer. I want to say it was an EU channel. I will look later, because that seems to be your focus is proof that retailers do purchase items to sell to the Public.

As someone that worked in retail for years, I can say that you don’t seem to understand that stock is purchased by the retailer/e-trailer to sell. If it weren’t purchased, then everything would be done on consignment, which is not good for a manufacturer, it’s only good for small scale individuals hoping a product could sell.
    gsrcrxsi
    SSC Member
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 09:48:31 (permalink)
    i know how it works. I also used to work for a major US retailer.

I'm not saying that the contracts don't exist. I'm saying that not a single person knows the content or stipulations, so they cant possibly know that these contracts are, or to what extent are, impacting other things like Notification or Step-Up queues. so it's illogical to make such a claim. you can't now this.

I know you're just trying to justify your own actions since you're one of the people who I've observed regurgitating such info.

liud21
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 360
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 09:53:26 (permalink)
    You guys do know its easier to send 2000 cards monthly, to 4 major "authorized" resellers, than to send 2000 cards to 2000 individuals right? Imagine having Joe down at Shipping to all of a sudden process 2000 packages going all over the USA instead of 4 pallets of GPUs going to 4 different address.... lol  
    SyntaxTurtle
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 183
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 10:44:21 (permalink)
    gsrcrxsi
    so it's illogical to make such a claim. you can't now this.

That makes no sense.  We know that EVGA is in a business where these agreements are common.  We have no reason to assume that EVGA operates significantly differently than other similar companies where these agreements are common.  People are familiar with the broad strokes of what these agreements entail and, again, there's no reason to believe that EVGA operates outside these common parameters.  Therefore, working under the assumption that EVGA is bound to these agreements and that they are contributing to, say, less stock in the queue than potentially available is, in fact, the most logical way to approach it.   Saying "Well, since you can't prove every last detail to my stated satisfaction, you're not allowed to include those agreements in your assumptions" is far more illogical and, frankly, just silly nonsense.

If someone owns a cat, I'm going to assume that they have a bag of cat litter somewhere in their home.  Because this is how owning a cat usually works.  I don't need to have a spy in their home or see receipts from Petsmart or snoop around their utility room before I can start assuming that they own cat litter because the overwhelming probability is that they own some.  Now maybe I'm wrong and they trained their cat to poop in the toilet or only go outside but that's a distinct enough minority that it's a waste of time and effort to start my assumptions around "I have no idea if they own cat litter because I've never personally seen it".  EVGA is a cat owner.  Agreements with retail outlets is cat litter.  They almost certainly have some.
    post edited by SyntaxTurtle - 2021/02/26 10:52:24
    gsrcrxsi
    SSC Member
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 11:16:02 (permalink)
    SyntaxTurtle
    gsrcrxsi
    so it's illogical to make such a claim. you can't now this.

That makes no sense.  We know that EVGA is in a business where these agreements are common.  We have no reason to assume that EVGA operates significantly differently than other similar companies where these agreements are common.  People are familiar with the broad strokes of what these agreements entail and, again, there's no reason to believe that EVGA operates outside these common parameters.  Therefore, working under the assumption that EVGA is bound to these agreements and that they are contributing to, say, less stock in the queue than potentially available is, in fact, the most logical way to approach it.   Saying "Well, since you can't prove every last detail to my stated satisfaction, you're not allowed to include those agreements in your assumptions" is far more illogical and, frankly, just silly nonsense.

If someone owns a cat, I'm going to assume that they have a bag of cat litter somewhere in their home.  Because this is how owning a cat usually works.  I don't need to have a spy in their home or see receipts from Petsmart or snoop around their utility room before I can start assuming that they own cat litter because the overwhelming probability is that they own some.  Now maybe I'm wrong and they trained their cat to poop in the toilet or only go outside but that's a distinct enough minority that it's a waste of time and effort to start my assumptions around "I have no idea if they own cat litter because I've never personally seen it".  EVGA is a cat owner.  Agreements with retail outlets is cat litter.  They almost certainly have some.

Knowing they exist, and knowing the specifics and exactly HOW they affect the supply of other parts of distribution are two TOTALLY different things.

Knowing they have cat litter, and knowing how many cat boxes they have, or how much litter goes in each box are two totally different things. You wouldn’t be able to say “they only put 5lbs in this box because they put 10lbs in the other box”. It’s information you simply don’t know.

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 12:04:08 (permalink)
    I'm about to toss my RTX 2080 Super Hydro Copper that I have in Step-Up on eBay. I can get double what I paid for it right now and then just buy a RTX 3080. 5 damn months of waiting so far for nothing. I look at the Step-Up queue spreadsheet and EVGA hasn't even gone through the first day the cards were put in Step-Up and that spreadsheet doesn't have everyone that's actually in the RTX 3080 queue.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTPuUO8HUBfyByDoctOFm1rXdHc9_1UWWohtOJ9f19K7eDGxuIdJAN9driKY_M5DEXF-o2nDHIX18fZ/pubhtml

This is just terrible customer relations IMO and notice I didn't say I would go buy an EVGA RTX 3080.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 13:21:46 (permalink)
    gsrcrxsi
    i know how it works. I also used to work for a major US retailer.

I'm not saying that the contracts don't exist. I'm saying that not a single person knows the content or stipulations, so they cant possibly know that these contracts are, or to what extent are, impacting other things like Notification or Step-Up queues. so it's illogical to make such a claim. you can't now this.

I know you're just trying to justify your own actions since you're one of the people who I've observed regurgitating such info.

What actions am I trying to justify?  Please quote them here.  I am going to edit this and provide a link to you: https://forums.evga.com/Profile/1850090/  Click "Recent Posts" and it will give you the last 6 pages worth of posts from me.  

I have two threads I have even posted in that I can remember that even mention the word contract, so please feel free to quote the others that I would need to justify.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/02/26 13:32:26
    gsrcrxsi
    SSC Member
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 14:42:25 (permalink)

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 14:46:29 (permalink)
    gsrcrxsi
    https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3229786

Yes, that was the other thread I mentioned the word contract in.  This is thread 1, and the other thread is thread 2.  In that thread, the user was insinuating that cards were sold to one person, when it was just the stock inside the microcenter.  Notice all of the other brands in the stack?  So, please expand beyond what I already told you I mentioned.

To add to the post above, I was at MicroCenter just outside of Philadelphia when that thread was started, and the employees at the microcenter said they ordered a lot more cards than what showed up. Maybe you could contact them yourself and they will divulge the information.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/02/26 14:52:21
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 15:05:00 (permalink)
    liud21
    You guys do know its easier to send 2000 cards monthly, to 4 major "authorized" resellers, than to send 2000 cards to 2000 individuals right? Imagine having Joe down at Shipping to all of a sudden process 2000 packages going all over the USA instead of 4 pallets of GPUs going to 4 different address.... lol  

It’s not that hard since EVGA has done direct sales to consumers for years. Using let’s say the 2,000 cards that is having ten people in a warehouse send out 10 cards a day saying they don’t work weekends or just over one card and hour. Probably realistically they could ship out a card every five minutes since the information for the shipping label is already entered in the system. So like 20,000 cards to individuals would be pretty easy to see happening.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

gsrcrxsi
    SSC Member
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 15:27:55 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    gsrcrxsi

Yes, that was the other thread I mentioned the word contract in.  This is thread 1, and the other thread is thread 2.  In that thread, the user was insinuating that cards were sold to one person, when it was just the stock inside the microcenter.  Notice all of the other brands in the stack?  So, please expand beyond what I already told you I mentioned.

To add to the post above, I was at MicroCenter just outside of Philadelphia when that thread was started, and the employees at the microcenter said they ordered a lot more cards than what showed up. Maybe you could contact them yourself and they will divulge the information.

you miss the point of this thread. your quote is just one example of many of the "its the contracts bro" knee jerk response.

ayabe
    • Total Posts : 10
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 15:35:31 (permalink)
    I don't want to believe that EVGA is stiffing queue members to feed bots on Amazon and BestBuy. It's a personal choice perhaps not rooted in fact, but for my own sanity that's how I'm going to roll.
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: "Contractual Agreements" 2021/02/26 15:56:20 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    gsrcrxsi

Oof!  You said it one other time?  For shame!

This thread is flame bait.  Let it die.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile