Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher

Author
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30963
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 122
2020/01/23 17:05:04 (permalink)
Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher (excerpts)The Santa Clara, Calif.-based company earned an adjusted $1.52 a share on sales of $20.2 billion in the December quarter. Analysts expected Intel earnings of $1.24 a share on sales of $19.2 billion, according to Zacks Investment Research. On a year-over-year basis, Intel earnings rose 19% and sales climbed 8%. 
Intel Earnings: Dividend Increased By 5%
Intel also increased its cash dividend by 5% to $1.32 per share on an annual basis. It will pay a quarterly dividend of 33 cents a share.
"In 2019, we gained share in an expanded addressable market that demands more performance to process, move and store data," Chief Executive Bob Swan said in the Intel earnings news release.

Intel stock jumps as cloud pushes quarterly revenue higher than $20 billion for first time
(excerpt)
the company said it expects adjusted earnings of $1.30 a share on revenue of about $19 billion for the first quarter, and $5 a share on revenue of about $73.5 billion in 2020. Analysts surveyed by FactSet had forecast earnings of $1.04 a share on revenue of $17.25 billion for the first quarter, and $4.66 a share on revenue of $72.41 billion for the year.

So Intel is managing to increase their stock price & dividend - even in light of the recent competition & other headwinds 

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

19 Replies Related Threads

Grey_Beard
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2232
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/23 17:55:26 (permalink)
    If they can control costs and maintain above market estimated net income and cash, the stock market will reward them. Even in times of immense competition, companies can, and many do, find ways to maintain income, as well as increase cash reserves. If market share and deliverables to not meet expectations, then the market will not be kind when or if targets are missed. The basic rule if capitalism. I would be careful with cash, but a 5% increase in the dividend should not deplete reserves, but can be good for market perception.

knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/23 20:20:23 (permalink)
    I smell PR and Marketing hype, I still see AMD gaining another 20-30% cpu market shares before summer or by the end of summer...

Intel got sacked with their cpu pants down....
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/23 20:23:19 (permalink)
    knightsilver
    I smell PR and Marketing hype, I still see AMD gaining another 20-30% cpu market shares before summer or by the end of summer...

😯😂😂😂
    Yeppers 😼

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102231
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/23 22:42:41 (permalink)
    Cloud demand has helped Intel this last quarter but their position could have been much higher. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5004
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/24 05:32:02 (permalink)
    atfrico
    knightsilver

😯😂😂😂
    Yeppers 😼

Intel is finished!!!!!1!!!11!  They'll never recover!!!
    kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5004
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/24 05:34:00 (permalink)
    knightsilver

In what?  DIY desktop...?  Which is a tiny fraction overall CPU sales?  AMD will be lucky to pick up 5% of overall CPU sales - OEM/server/enterprise etc.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/24 05:35:40 (permalink)
    kevinc313
    knightsilver

In what?  DIY desktop...?  Which is a tiny fraction overall CPU sales?  AMD will be lucky to pick up 5% of overall CPU sales - OEM/server/enterprise etc.

AMD EPYC has picked up a lot of business CPU wins but you're correct in that they need to do more business (sales) in the enterprise environment. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/25 10:49:51 (permalink)
    The real message is Intel is Much more than a CPU company ... and Profitable

With pressure on CPU margins & market share ... Intel still beat expectations ... they are not a one trick pony

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/25 17:25:48 (permalink)
    Cool GTX

With pressure on CPU margins & market share ... Intel still beat expectations ... they are not a one trick pony

Exactly.  

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/25 17:32:09 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer
    Cool GTX

Exactly.  

🤔 overcharging refresh tech and mind manipulation any company can be on top any day of week so. 😃👎

😼

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/25 17:38:48 (permalink)
    20+ years on Top

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21169
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/25 18:43:02 (permalink)
    I was surprised by this headline.  I didn't expect Intel to do this well this quarter.  But even more surprising, is how much Intel's stock jumped.  This kind of concerns me.  The size of this jump means that there is a lot of speculation; and speculation creates volatility and instability.  If there are many willing to jump on based on positive news, then there are also many willing to jump off based on negative news.  I think that tempering investors' expectations will be vital for Intel, and maybe a little tricky.

post edited by ty_ger07 - 2020/01/25 18:48:24

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

vegajf51
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 561
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/25 18:59:41 (permalink)
    This is mainly due to Intel mitigations slowing their Xeon server CPU's down in combination with unwilling to change to Rome Admin's. Intel literally has to sell more Xeon cpu's to the same customer than previously expected since performance is less than expected.... they just can't lose :-p
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/25 20:09:19 (permalink)
    atfrico

🤔 overcharging refresh tech and mind manipulation any company can be on top any day of week so. 😃👎

😼

Just because you can't afford high end gear, doesn't necessarily mean a company is ripping you off.  With that said, AMD is the perfect match for you.  

I guess you're one of those that want free unicorns distributed equally to everyone. 

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/25 20:47:18 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer
    atfrico

😼

Just because you can't afford high end gear, doesn't necessarily mean a company is ripping you off.  With that said, AMD is the perfect match for you.  

I guess you're one of those that want free unicorns distributed equally to everyone. 

🙄
    The jelly force strong within this one😁
    Free.99 is always welcome😸
    I just like to get whats my money is worth. I dont get suckered in buying something expensive because of the lies of a company. 😼
    I m in favor of smart shoppers😼
    AMD is the smart option 😼 is a company that brings equality not monopoly like some others😳

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/26 01:48:38 (permalink)
    Intel has its hands in many cookie jars. If one section of their business is weak they have other business areas to make up the difference and they are continuing to expand. 

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10098
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/26 02:42:00 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    I was surprised by this headline.  I didn't expect Intel to do this well this quarter.  But even more surprising, is how much Intel's stock jumped.  This kind of concerns me.  The size of this jump means that there is a lot of speculation; and speculation creates volatility and instability.  If there are many willing to jump on based on positive news, then there are also many willing to jump off based on negative news.  I think that tempering investors' expectations will be vital for Intel, and maybe a little tricky.

Intel has been fighting a lot of negative news and showing they are a profitable company. A lot of people are probably investing in Intel because they look at it as a company they can invest long term in. In fact if you look at the last stock market crash it didn't really hurt Intel that much of course the dot.com bubble and 9/11 did have a major impact about 20 years ago.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/26 05:07:05 (permalink)

Probably the best time to buy intel stock since they haven't come out with anything as of yet but when they do, you can bet it will get everyone's attention so these investors are jumping ahead to get front seat action while some no namers will be sitting in the back peaking and moaning when the time comes.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21169
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Chipmaker Intel Smashes Fourth-Quarter Targets, Guides Higher 2020/01/26 06:20:09 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer
    Probably the best time to buy intel stock...

Eh... no. It's at a 20-year peak. I'd wait for some bad news, wait for people jumping ship, before buying more Intel stock. 2020 is expected to be a year of bad news for Intel.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile