Author
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 16
2021/02/06 04:26:59 (permalink)

It is now profitable to mine crypto with laptops

The value of the cryptocurrency has increased so much that it is now profitable to bulk buy laptops for mining.
Since late November the value of Ethereum (ETH) has tripled. This cryptocurrency is the most popular one among GPU miners. We have heard many stories where miners in China are queuing up to NVIDIA board partner factories in hopes to buy graphics cards in bulk. Some AIBs agree to sell cards directly to them because those clients pay more (usually 1/3 more than any distributor) and they get limited or no warranty at all.
In China, a new way of mining is slowly becoming popular. The latest GeForce RTX 30 laptops have only just launched earlier this month, which certainly did not go unnoticed by GPU miners. Apparently, people are now mass buying laptops with graphics cards such as RTX 3070 to literally stack them on the shelves to mine Ethereum. The price of the RTX 3070 laptop isn’t the lowest, which means that miners are paying more and still making a profit. It just seems surreal that NVIDIA has not enforced any rules that would prevent such a thing. Let alone, why is even GPU mining possible on laptop GPUs in the first place. This of course, along with Chinese New Year, will likely affect the availability of RTX 30 laptops.

https://videocardz.com/newz/chinese-gpu-miners-are-now-bulk-buying-geforce-rtx-30-laptops-to-mine-ethereum 

-----------------------------------------------------

Im just saying getting a card won't be easy now with the mining craze ...
Im in it as well

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

46 Replies Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/06 04:40:27 (permalink)
    I'm mining with 2 of my laptops. GTX 1060 and GTX 1070.
    Laptops have good efficiency and good silicon. It's a no-brainer. Spending money to buy multiple new laptops to mine with though, that's a pretty scary investment.

The quote:
    Let alone, why is even GPU mining possible on laptop GPUs in the first place.

How ignorant is that? Laptops should have all GPU compute capabilities disabled for some reason? What's the point? To make them less marketable and make the GPUs useless? Then why put nice GPUs in them at all?
    [sarcasm]Laptops shouldn't be able to do CAD, Photoshop, video encoding, CUDA, or Mining. And people will still buy them for some reason.[/sarcasm]

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

donta1979
    Primarch
    • Total Posts : 15886
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/06 17:46:59 (permalink)
    Oh and now the 300 series laptop shortage begins ROFL.

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
    Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
    USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
    My Build
    Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
    veganfanatic
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2119
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/06 20:14:36 (permalink)
    Guess my EVGA RTX 2080 is on the payroll for gaming for the duration

hate to see when the bubble bursts

Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition + Corsair AX1600i PSU
    My desktop uses the ThinkVision 31.5 inch P32p-20 Monitor.
    My sound system is the Edifier B1700BT
    MasterMiner
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 713
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/06 20:46:37 (permalink)
    Xavier Zepherious

It is now profitable to mine crypto with laptops

The value of the cryptocurrency has increased so much that it is now profitable to bulk buy laptops for mining.
    Since late November the value of Ethereum (ETH) has tripled. This cryptocurrency is the most popular one among GPU miners. We have heard many stories where miners in China are queuing up to NVIDIA board partner factories in hopes to buy graphics cards in bulk. Some AIBs agree to sell cards directly to them because those clients pay more (usually 1/3 more than any distributor) and they get limited or no warranty at all.
    In China, a new way of mining is slowly becoming popular. The latest GeForce RTX 30 laptops have only just launched earlier this month, which certainly did not go unnoticed by GPU miners. Apparently, people are now mass buying laptops with graphics cards such as RTX 3070 to literally stack them on the shelves to mine Ethereum. The price of the RTX 3070 laptop isn’t the lowest, which means that miners are paying more and still making a profit. It just seems surreal that NVIDIA has not enforced any rules that would prevent such a thing. Let alone, why is even GPU mining possible on laptop GPUs in the first place. This of course, along with Chinese New Year, will likely affect the availability of RTX 30 laptops.

https://videocardz.com/newz/chinese-gpu-miners-are-now-bulk-buying-geforce-rtx-30-laptops-to-mine-ethereum 

-----------------------------------------------------

Im just saying getting a card won't be easy now with the mining craze ...
    Im in it as well

Yup, I broke down... we’re all miners now...

As far as laptops being able to mine. I’m not sure I follow. Nvidia sells gpus - with the same internals - to every willing buyer. It’s a free market.
    post edited by MasterMiner - 2021/02/06 20:49:37

I used to mine. Now I compute.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/07 02:56:30 (permalink)
    I wonder how many miners really break even on the investment. I mean sure some are but the average miner probably isn't.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102253
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/07 03:00:51 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    I wonder how many miners really break even on the investment. I mean sure some are but the average miner probably isn't.

The electricity costs must be staggering.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Nekro-DtoF
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 122
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/07 03:12:58 (permalink)
    the cost of electricy here sucks for this lol
    kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3034
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/07 03:30:26 (permalink)
    Hoggle

I can't see the laptops ever breaking even... laptops aren't ever properly designed for sustained workloads. Super exepensive for the performance of those mobile GPUs, and I bet they will fail relatively early. 

At the current obscene bubble rate, a 3080 would pay for itself in three months and that includes the electric costs. If it wasn't for the extreme scarcity of GPUs to begin with the bubble might've popped already, because everyone would be buying 3080s at that profitability rate. 

Have water, will cool. 
    Xavier Zepherious
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/07 04:56:07 (permalink)
    mining - I break even in 4-5 months on 1 card at current prices of ETH - anything around over $15 a day is like $500 or more

remember i already had bought other cards (2080ti and another 3090) for gaming so they add an additional $750 at that rate

even at min 750 total for all cards( can be as high as $1500 if prices stay high) a month I pay of 1 card in under 4 months

and like 2c a KWH here

then you hear stories like this

GPU mining causing power outages in Iran

According to El Chapuzas Informatico, an investigation by Iranian authorities has revealed that recent power outages in Iran have been caused by the growing popularity of mining farms in the country.
    Chinese companies are reportedly moving their mining operations to Iran, where the electricity cost is 4 times lower than in mainland China (1.8 to 2.2 cents per kilowatt-hour). The country is now allegedly hosting 14 large mining farms that consume around 300 megawatts of power. This is comparable to the power consumption of a city with 100K inhabitants. According to research by the University of Cambridge, Iran is among the six popular destinations for mining farms in the world.

We receive photos with mining farms almost on a daily basis. Various companies specializing in selling mining equipment are eager to share their new batches of GeForce RTX 30 graphics cards when are then sold directly to miners. The source of these graphics cards is unknown, but it appears that neither board partners nor NVIDIA have any problem selling those cards to miners. So far we have not heard about any retail store or board partner being punished for taking part in this process.

https://videocardz.com/ne...-power-outages-in-iran

begs the question.... Why in the hell can they get the cards  on a limited budget that most people in Asia have compared to us????
    post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2021/02/07 06:10:31

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/07 08:25:28 (permalink)
    Hoggle

I am sure that the majority of "average miners" are people who are mining with GPUs they already own for other reasons.  Saying "miners" is too general.  There are many different tiers of miners.  All it takes is 20 minutes for you too to be an "average miner" making money with zero additional investment (since you already decided to buy the GPU for other reasons).

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

MasterMiner
    SSC Member
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/07 09:05:30 (permalink)
    Hoggle

Even when I put out some real capital I had my doubts as well. Gave it up because all the time and effort just to break even.... was a waste of time and effort.

I’ve been using the rig that I’ve had for past 2 years now - 4x 1080ti - for the past 48 hours and have never seen returns of this magnitude. Purely a proof of concept based on current valuations.

The returns are REAL.

Almost scary. I’m being serious, I am not a proponent of mining because I ultimately think it’s a waste of resources.

There is something funny going on in finance right now...
    post edited by MasterMiner - 2021/02/07 09:10:07

MasterMiner
    SSC Member
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/07 09:15:16 (permalink)
    Why in the hell can they get the cards on a limited budget that most people in Asia have compared to us????

What makes you think they have a “limited budget”.

Edit: Asia has more billionaires that America. The world has changed.

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/07 09:24:00 (permalink)
    MasterMinerI’m being serious, I am not a proponent of mining because I ultimately think it’s a waste of resources.

I completely agree.  It's so wasteful; especially for something which has so far not been useful and is almost purely speculative.  Wasting real energy for something of no real value, is crazy.  But, here I am doing it anyway.  Call me a hypocrite.
    There is something funny going on in finance right now...

For sure.  It's insane.  The previous year has been so unpredictable and illogical.  It's almost as if things are broken at times.  There's a small percentage of change which makes sense, but a large percentage of change which just happens, almost autonomously.

I sold my AMD, NVIDIA, and TSMC stock FAR too early.  With the economic down-turn eminent, I sold most of my stocks in February and March of 2020.  I was expecting to buy back in after things plummeted, but those stocks never plummeted enough for me to pull the trigger.  Those stocks bounced back too fast, I decided not to buy because I thought that it was a temporary bounce-back, but then they just kept going up and up.  I missed out on so much potential profit.  I mean... so much percentage.  Not so much total monetary value.   I just do small investments because I am perpetually scared.

Probably I have done the same thing now with oil stocks.  I almost doubled my oil stock investment, but I probably should have held onto it longer.  I am thinking that US oil futures will go down again with the Green New Deal and shut-down of the oil exploration on Federal land, and I will buy-in again at a lower value, but I will probably be wrong again in the same way and miss out on another 200% potential profit.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2021/02/07 09:43:05

veganfanatic
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2119
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/07 15:29:43 (permalink)
    I stick to options which are limited to the cost of the contract and sometimes they can make a person a pile 

Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition + Corsair AX1600i PSU
    My desktop uses the ThinkVision 31.5 inch P32p-20 Monitor.
    My sound system is the Edifier B1700BT
    castrator86
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 816
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/08 06:58:13 (permalink)
    veganfanatic
    Guess my EVGA RTX 2080 is on the payroll for gaming for the duration

hate to see when the bubble bursts

I mean there's ways around this if you're willing to put your faith in people... I went from a EVGA 2070S (got it 11/2019) for $450, listed it on ebay and got $450 for it in Dec after I managed to get at the front of the line for a 3060Ti FTW3, applied my EVGA bucks and got it checked out for $410, so after shipping, broke even on the upgrade. Then found someone on r/HardwareSwap looking to downgrade from a MSI 3080 Suprim. Paid an extra $450 in the trade.

So I've basically gone from a 2070S to a 3080 for a cost of about $475.

Xavier Zepherious
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/09 11:25:37 (permalink)

Chinese notebook maker supports GPU mining and NVIDIA does nothing

https://videocardz.com/newz/hundreds-of-nvidia-geforce-rtx-30-gaming-laptops-spotted-in-a-mining-farm 

it's only getting worse

on 2 cards if current prices holds im making around CAN$40 a day - that would be $600 a card a month

TechJessica87
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 104
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/09 12:24:58 (permalink)
    Isn't that crazy! Lol
    Xavier Zepherious
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/11 00:28:45 (permalink)
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Gaming Laptops Powered Massive Cryptocurrency Mining Farm Spotted in China, Over Hundreds of Ampere Laptops

Several Hundred NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Gaming Laptops Spotted In Chinese Cryptocurrency Mining Farm Video Tour

Earlier, we only got to see a glimpse of the cryptocurrency mining farm but a brand new video has surfaced which shows the complete scale of the setup. The setup is based in China but the user has not mentioned the location for obvious reasons. As you can tell, the mining farm is set up with and utilizes NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Gaming laptops from the Chinese manufacturer, Hasse.

What's interesting here is that the user has bought these laptops in a bulk order which means that either the retailer, distributor, or the manufacturer itself is openly supporting cryptocurrency miners over actual customers such as gamers which these laptops are primarily designed for. The selling party could be taking advantage of crypto miners by selling these at scalped prices to earn a profit.

NVIDIA is expected to take action against miners but we have yet to see that and considering the scale of cryptocurrency mining right now, it will be quite a task for the green giant.

In the meanwhile, manufacturers are releasing more and more hardware that is primarily suited to cryptocurrency miners. EVGA, for that purpose, will soon be launching its 1300 M1 PSU which has a 1300W rating and features an 80 PLUS Gold certification. The PSU features a standard ATX design & comes with a fully modular design. The PSU supports up to 6 graphics cards, features a 4+4 plug for the CPU, has two 6-pin plugs for peripherals, and two SATA ports for the storage device. This kind of PSU is particularly built for running multiple NVIDIA and AMD GPUs in mining farms or a standard mining setup.

https://wccftech.com/nvid...eds-of-ampere-laptops/

watch the twitter video to see the size of it

Xavier Zepherious
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/11 02:51:12 (permalink)

ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 users are flashing custom vBIOSes with higher TGP into GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPUs

The RTX 3080 graphics card in the ROG Zephyrus Duo (codename GX551QS) laptop has a default TGP of 115W with Dynamic Boost going up to 130W. The slim design of the ASUS laptop has not enabled the manufacturer to offer higher TGP in this model, but this graphics card is available with up to 150W on other gaming laptops such as MSI Leopard G76. As it turns out, some users have decided to try flashing this vBIOS into their power-limited variants.
    On Baidu forums, users are reporting that they were able to successfully transform their RTX 3080 115W into RTX 3080 150W variants. The details on how the laptops work with much higher TGP are unknown, but this could lead to stability issues or much higher noise levels. However, it was proven that such a modification is possible and could lead to noticeably higher performance.

https://videocardz.com/ne...e-rtx-3080-laptop-gpus

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/11 04:50:26 (permalink)
    The slim design of the ASUS laptop has not enabled the manufacturer to offer higher TGP in this model, but this graphics card is available with up to 150W on other gaming laptops such as MSI Leopard G76. As it turns out, some users have decided to try flashing this vBIOS into their power-limited variants.

That's not what someone does, who views their equipment as an asset for a long-term investment. That is what someone does who wants to make a quick buck while the getting is good.
    That really illustrates the lack of confidence in the long-term value of cryptocurrency.
    Most mining gear is safe to buy used; because they have low amounts of thermal cycles, have been run at low power output, and are unlikely to have been overheated. Potential memory degradation is usually the biggest fear. But reckless miners are out there -- as showcased in this thread -- and it's hard to know who you are buying from.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2021/02/11 04:56:32

Xavier Zepherious
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/11 05:11:31 (permalink)
    I honestly think mining on laptops is stupid in the first place
    you are more likely to have heat issues, hardware failures, and you have lower mining potential

id rather invest that in proper mining equipment rather than this
    however miners do not care if they have warrantee on the equipment - i'll just RMA and get a replacement

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102253
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/11 05:20:42 (permalink)
    Xavier Zepherious
    you are more likely to have heat issues, hardware failures, and you have lower mining potential

id rather invest that in proper mining equipment rather than this
    however miners do not care if they have warrantee on the equipment - i'll just RMA and get a replacement

The main reason why this is happening is due to shortage of GPUs from both AMD and NVIDIA so the miners are limited on what they can do. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Xavier Zepherious
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/11 09:43:47 (permalink)
    Laptop component shortages could exacerbate low stock levels, claims report

TL;DR: Global semiconductor shortages have led to a slew of problems across multiple industries. From gaming consoles to PC hardware, new tech products have become notoriously difficult to find. Even the latest laptops are suffering low stock levels, a problem that will reportedly get worse as shipment numbers fall.

According to DigiTimes, which cites industry sources, shortages of display panels, LCD driver ICs and passive components are expected to “dampen notebook shipments” in the first quarter of 2021.
    In December, we heard that display panel shortages—caused by an earthquake in Taiwan and a power outage in Japan that interrupted production—could lead to low stock and increased prices of monitors, laptops, and other devices with displays.
    As noted by Tom’s Hardware, laptop shipments usually slow down in the first quarter due to the Chinese New Year celebrations, which see lower staff levels in manufacturing plants. Sources said that companies plan to keep a more standard output during the festivities to try and offset issues caused by the component shortages, but it might not be enough.

https://www.techspot.com/news/88601-laptop-component-shortages-could-exacerbate-low-stock-levels.html 

------------------------------------------

well it looks like a shortage of everything with miners taking it all

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/11 09:53:33 (permalink)
    Xavier Zepherious

I disagree. The investment is crazy, in my opinion, but the efficiency is better. Laptops usually have better silicon and can be more profitable (minus the crazy initial investment). And laptops don't have to have heat issues. Mining doesn't necessarily create a lot of heat if you tune for maximum profitability at any normal electricity rate. Less heat than gaming, for sure. And heat cycles are drastically reduced. Running them at a constant 70c isn't very crazy, in my opinion.
    But if the electricity is free or very cheap, all bets are off.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2021/02/11 10:02:58

MegCoolBlood
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 105
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/15 00:00:11 (permalink)
    If electricity would not be that expensive here, i may would join.
    Xavier Zepherious
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/15 08:19:34 (permalink)
    im making approx $1K on 2 cards (3090s) - thats rough estimate -at $20 a day a card that $1200 a month $10 is $600 and $15 is $900

its been floating around 19-14 lately

i can't be burning up all that much energy - cost wise.... i switched to led lighting and im paying under 6c a KWH

Xavier Zepherious
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/15 11:27:40 (permalink)

COVID19 claims another victim, Vietnamese Internet Cafe transforms into cryptocurrency mining firm

Internet Cafe switching into the mining business.
    When people can’t meet at Internet Cafes due to local restrictions meant to limit the spread of a virus, (now empty) businesses are transforming into cryptocurrency mining cafes. The owner of a Vietnamese Internet Cafe has announced it is switching business to GPU mining operation. “Profits are higher”, the company has announced on Facebook.

Switching business season, Profits are higher than net business

This particular Internet Cafe is owned by a computer store, which may explain how they got access to numerous GeForce RTX 3080 graphics cards in the first place. While we can’t blame a business for trying to stay afloat, one would say that it could just as easily sell those cards rather than use them for mining. In the end, those are just another RTX 3080 graphics cards that have been sacrificed to mine cryptocurrency.

https://videocardz.com/ne...fes-profits-are-higher

usbarlow@hotmail.com
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 104
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/15 13:24:58 (permalink)
    These have got to be fried after they are done with them!!!!
    MegCoolBlood
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 105
    Re: Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum 2021/02/15 23:26:58 (permalink)
    Xavier Zepherious

COVID19 claims another victim, Vietnamese Internet Cafe transforms into cryptocurrency mining firm

Internet Cafe switching into the mining business.
    When people can’t meet at Internet Cafes due to local restrictions meant to limit the spread of a virus, (now empty) businesses are transforming into cryptocurrency mining cafes. The owner of a Vietnamese Internet Cafe has announced it is switching business to GPU mining operation. “Profits are higher”, the company has announced on Facebook.

Switching business season, Profits are higher than net business

This particular Internet Cafe is owned by a computer store, which may explain how they got access to numerous GeForce RTX 3080 graphics cards in the first place. While we can’t blame a business for trying to stay afloat, one would say that it could just as easily sell those cards rather than use them for mining. In the end, those are just another RTX 3080 graphics cards that have been sacrificed to mine cryptocurrency.

at least all there GPUs are now tested!
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile