CaseLabs is Back in Business Under New Management

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2022/11/20 23:43:00 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/301277/caselabs-is-back-in-business-under-new-management

For those of you familiar with CaseLabs, the demise of the company in 2018 was most likely a sad time when it comes to the history of PC component manufacturers. However, it appears that the company is back in business, under new management and in a new location. CaseLabs was originally from California in the US, but the new owners have moved the company to Sweden. In fact, the key person is said to be a CaseLabs enthusiast by the name of Emil Rytterstedt who bought the rights to the CaseLabs brand in 2021, as well as what appears to be the rights for all of the products that the original company made. For now, the CaseLabs website is back up and running, but the company isn't selling any products, yet.

Based on the information available on the CaseLabs website, the company will initially offer spare parts for existing CaseLabs products, as well as offer support and customer service through it. This will be followed by at least some of the cases that CaseLabs used to offer, which will see some updates, especially when it comes to the I/O options and some other additions such as vertical GPU brackets. However, the longer term plan is to offer new products under the CaseLabs brand, which will apparently start with a smaller form factor case. All the new products will apparently be made in Sweden, so expect CaseLabs products to remain in the premium price segment. For those in the US, the company has already mentioned that the prices will be more expensive than in the past, due to shipping costs. Expect things to kick off sometime in early 2023 when it comes to actual product availability.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out. CaseLabs made some outstanding PC cases. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

10 Replies Related Threads

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: CaseLabs is Back in Business Under New Management 2022/11/21 04:22:19 (permalink)
    Glad to see they're back in biz.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    lastsamurairick
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2419
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: CaseLabs is Back in Business Under New Management 2022/11/21 07:14:14 (permalink)
    Nice I say welcome back to the living.

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
      EVGA Z490 Dark 
      EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3070Ti FTW3
      G SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 32GB
      EVGA 1000G5
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: CaseLabs is Back in Business Under New Management 2022/11/21 08:27:26 (permalink)
    austin86
    Nice. Love their cases.

And moving to sweden... Wonder how thermaltake will handle that moving forward, I hope thy don't go steeling form them again.

Caselabs ended up apologizing to ThermalTake for that whole claim, so I wouldn’t worry about it.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: CaseLabs is Back in Business Under New Management 2022/11/21 09:23:48 (permalink)
    I'm interested to see what the Swedish owned CaseLabs will do with the brand. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: CaseLabs is Back in Business Under New Management 2022/11/21 09:30:11 (permalink)
    It does seem very good for those in Europe who might see the cases cheaper. I am just wondering how expensive it would be to ship the cases over seas since cases are large items with a lot of weight. It wouldn’t be as bad if they shipped a lot of them to like a store but could be a lot if they are shipping directly to a customer.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

repo1979
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1116
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: CaseLabs is Back in Business Under New Management 2022/11/21 16:37:15 (permalink)
    Yes they will come flat packed as before, they are also trying to source a USA builder so cost are kept near what they were before the close
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: CaseLabs is Back in Business Under New Management 2022/11/21 16:51:31 (permalink)
    austin86
    lol what ??? ThermalTake should have been doing the apologizing. Id be worried now that TT could have more wiggle room to copy their cases.

This happened back in 2015. The caselabs owners were unfounded as caselabs didn’t own the patents it was accusing thermaltake of stealing.

http://nordic.thermaltake...tealing%22%20anything.

Don’t forget, Caselabs went under because of the business losing a large contract. They blamed politician figures and everyone around them at the time, because they were buying their aluminum from overseas and having it shipped, and the tariffs were announced and they near immediately went under, before the tariffs took effect.

The Caselabs owner had a horrible habit of finger pointing back then. Hopefully the new owner will keep the company of a good path and out of the bad headlines.

Caselabs also did flat pack very well. Their instructions were super easy to follow and made complete sense. I’m glad to see the brand coming back from the grave.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2022/11/21 16:55:51
    CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14533
    • Ribbons : 222
    Re: CaseLabs is Back in Business Under New Management 2022/11/21 20:16:13 (permalink)
    Honestly don't really care. Their case designs never really piqued my interest and they never really appealed to me. I mean, they aren't offensive they are just big boxes to put your PC in, but also very bland. I'm indifferent to it one way or the other, more choices is always better then fewer though. 

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
    Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
    ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
    64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
    MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: CaseLabs is Back in Business Under New Management 2022/11/22 04:34:53 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    austin86
    lol what ??? ThermalTake should have been doing the apologizing. Id be worried now that TT could have more wiggle room to copy their cases.

This happened back in 2015. The caselabs owners were unfounded as caselabs didn’t own the patents it was accusing thermaltake of stealing.

http://nordic.thermaltake...tealing%22%20anything.

Don’t forget, Caselabs went under because of the business losing a large contract. They blamed politician figures and everyone around them at the time, because they were buying their aluminum from overseas and having it shipped, and the tariffs were announced and they near immediately went under, before the tariffs took effect.

The Caselabs owner had a horrible habit of finger pointing back then. Hopefully the new owner will keep the company of a good path and out of the bad headlines.

Couldn't stand hearing the vomit come out of their mouths back than.  It was someone's fault which I won't name but not theirs!   I wonder if they were living a lavish lifestyle with the company funds and couldn't pivot/adjust. 

Well, at least there's no pink hat wearing turd running the company to the ground anymore.  I wish the swedes much success, just stay away from the BF Franchise.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: CaseLabs is Back in Business Under New Management 2022/11/22 05:40:09 (permalink)
    CraptacularOne
    Honestly don't really care. Their case designs never really piqued my interest and they never really appealed to me. I mean, they aren't offensive they are just big boxes to put your PC in, but also very bland. I'm indifferent to it one way or the other, more choices is always better then fewer though. 

99% of the appeal was being able to order exactly what you wanted, not just receive a turn of the mill case that everyone was getting. Want more venting, order the vented side panel. Heck, grab a couple brackets and throw two extra radiators in behind those vents. Have up to 8 480mm radiators to cool a single cpu if you want, it doesn’t make any sense, but you can totally do it.

Want more plexiglass viewing area, order the plexi doors. Want to add a massive amount of SSD or HDD, grab a pedestal for under the computer let and add some fans to a rack that holds up to 8 SSD or 4 HDD.

You could customize everything, and get a completely different case than someone that ordered a case that has the same name.

Almost all of them were just boxes, but they were extremely customizable boxes.

Also, thank you so much for using piqued properly.. that right there is a joy to read lol. So many people don’t “get their interest peeked”.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile