Capcom explain why the Monster Hunter: World port is CPU-heavy

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2018/07/30 22:44:34 (permalink)
https://www.pcgamer.com/capcom-explain-why-the-monster-hunter-world-port-is-cpu-heavy/

The game is regarded as being rather demanding on hardware considering what is on offer visually. However, one of the major reasons for that is how Capcom's MT Framework engine, which powers the game, works. 

To eliminate interstitial loading during active gameplay, MHW loads the entire level into memory. In addition to managing assets loaded into memory, it keeps track of monster interactions, health status, environment/object changes, manages LOD & object culling, calculates collision detection and physics simulation, and tons of other background telemetry stuff that you don't see yet requires CPU cycle. This is in addition to supporting any GPU rendering tasks. When testing the game with the i5 2500k and a GTX 970 PC Gamer, noticed severe stuttering at medium settings. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Capcom explain why the Monster Hunter: World port is CPU-heavy 2018/08/01 20:28:46 (permalink)

Can't it just be balanced between the CPU and memory?

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile