EVGA

Can't open X1 V1.1.8. Crashes upon launch.

Author
SUPERSAM76
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/03/30 09:32:25 (permalink)
Hi guys. I updated my X1 to the latest update 1.1.8. Upon update, it opened and installed a new firmware for my graphics card. However, whenever I try to open the Precision X1 program, it would simply flash the logo across the screen and nothing would happen. The icon appears in the tray for a brief moment then disappears. I reverted back to 1.1.7 and it resolved the issue, meaning I can actually open the software, but Nvidia's Control Panel is telling me that the Resizable BAR isn't working. I have all the necessary setting in my motherboard set to allow Resizable BAR to work and have updated to the latest Nvidia GeForce drivers, so I'm assuming the only issue is with X1 or the VBIOS itself. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? 

16 Replies Related Threads

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Can't open X1 V1.1.8. Crashes upon launch. 2021/03/30 09:46:04 (permalink)
    Have you updated your NVidia driver to the newest one that supports Resizable bar?

Download, DDU and reinstall

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

SUPERSAM76
    Re: Can't open X1 V1.1.8. Crashes upon launch. 2021/03/30 10:12:11 (permalink)
    I have already updated to the latest Nvidia driver. I just repeated the process, erasing the earlier install with DDU as you suggested, and reinstalling the latest driver. I still cannot open V1.1.8. Looking at the task manager, when I attempt to open it the logo appears and the program appears in task manager, but it takes up no resources and then crashes after 10 seconds or so. 
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Can't open X1 V1.1.8. Crashes upon launch. 2021/03/30 10:31:34 (permalink)
    hmm...weird..I'm not sure then...thought that was worth trying...hopefully one of the eVGA engineers sees this

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

SUPERSAM76
    Re: Can't open X1 V1.1.8. Crashes upon launch. 2021/03/30 11:27:16 (permalink)
    Yeah I've tried all troubleshooting tips given in the pinned post and tried installing and running X1 in safe mode. Neither has resolved my issue. I hope someone else might have figured this out or an EVGA rep chimes in. 

For reference, I checked in Window's Event Viewer and found two simultaneous error messages that occur when I attempt to open Precision. 

Error 1 

Application: PrecisionX_x64.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.ArithmeticException
    Exception Info: System.OverflowException
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.ColorConvertedBitmap.FinalizeCreation()
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapSource.CreateCachedBitmap(System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrame, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapSourceSafeMILHandle, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapCreateOptions, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapCacheOption, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapPalette)
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrameDecode.FinalizeCreation()
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.SetupFrames(System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder, System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyCollection`1<System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrame>)
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.get_Frames()
    at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrame.CreateFromUriOrStream(System.Uri, System.Uri, System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapCreateOptions, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapCacheOption, System.Net.Cache.RequestCachePolicy)
    at System.Windows.Media.ImageSourceConverter.ConvertFrom(System.ComponentModel.ITypeDescriptorContext, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Object)
    at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CallProvideValue(System.Windows.Markup.MarkupExtension, System.IServiceProvider)
    Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
    at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(System.Exception, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Uri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
    at PX18.View.MainWindow..ctor()
    at PX18.App.App_Startup(System.Object, System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
    at PX18.App.Main()
    at PX18.Program.Main()

Error 2

Faulting application name: PrecisionX_x64.exe, version: 1.1.8.0, time stamp: 0x60629383
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.804, time stamp: 0x0e9c5eae
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x000000000002d759
    Faulting process id: 0x4dc4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d72590dce19260
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\EVGA\Precision X1\PrecisionX_x64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: b2794b36-349d-41bc-8c50-4058b5017109
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Pale Horseman
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Can't open X1 V1.1.8. Crashes upon launch. 2021/03/30 20:36:29 (permalink)
    I have the same issue with the same error on the Event Viewer.

// Application error
    Faulting application name: PrecisionX_x64.exe, version: 1.1.7.0, time stamp: 0x60176085
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.906, time stamp: 0x2f2f77bf
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000034b59
    Faulting process id: 0x223c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d725b8aa4b418c
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\EVGA\Precision X1\PrecisionX_x64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 1561dc91-079f-489c-b442-acd2a9854d74
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

// .NET Error
    Application: PrecisionX_x64.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    at PX18.ViewModel.NvApiViewModel..ctor()
    Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
    at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(System.Exception, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Uri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
    at PX18.View.MainWindow..ctor()
    at PX18.App.App_Startup(System.Object, System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
    at PX18.App.Main()
    at PX18.Program.Main()

I was able to update the firmware and BIOS, from both the GPU and motherboard.  Latest drivers installed after cleanup with DDU.  Resizable BAR is enabled.

RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, with MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard.
    SUPERSAM76
    Re: Can't open X1 V1.1.8. Crashes upon launch. 2021/03/31 08:58:47 (permalink)
    Is there any other way I can update my VBIOS without Precision? I still can't get it to open and would like to enable Resizable Bar. 
    Pale Horseman
    Re: Can't open X1 V1.1.8. Crashes upon launch. 2021/03/31 09:16:37 (permalink)
    SUPERSAM76
    Is there any other way I can update my VBIOS without Precision? I still can't get it to open and would like to enable Resizable Bar. 

Check the 30 series thread on the Rebar update.

Jacob from EVGA is posting the links to the individual VBIOS downloads as requested.  There is where I got mine.
    post edited by Pale Horseman - 2021/03/31 11:17:41
    koitsu
    • Total Posts : 16
    Re: Can't open X1 V1.1.8. Crashes upon launch. 2021/03/31 14:37:54 (permalink)
    I have the same problem as initially reported here.  I even did a "fresh install" (deleted old configs, etc.) and the problem continues.  I'm on Windows 7 x64 SP1, with an EVGA 2060 SUPER, along with NVIDIA drivers 465.89 (though the same problem happened with 461.92).

The stack trace I get is more or less the same as described above.  The crash happens in PX1's XAML/XML parsing bits, which historically has been a sign that there is a missing or invalid configuration parameter inside of the .xml configuration files that PX1 uses for itself.  This is almost always a software/release bug on EVGA's part.

Rolled back to 1.1.7.0 where things work just fine.

Drahakar
    Re: Can't open X1 V1.1.8. Crashes upon launch. 2021/03/31 14:43:20 (permalink)
    I have the same Problem. I use DDU - remove evertything, install everything new. all other version starts  expect 1.1.8.0. I need the Bios update :(
    Arsenic13
    • Total Posts : 60
    Re: Can't open X1 V1.1.8. Crashes upon launch. 2021/03/31 15:03:24 (permalink)
    Same issue here. Thankfully I was able to get the bios and not bricked. Then then app never reopened 
    kelkel1
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 601
    Re: Can't open X1 V1.1.8. Crashes upon launch. 2021/03/31 16:08:18 (permalink)
    Not for W7 and 2080?

Attached Image(s)

Z390 DARK, 9900K, 2080 FTW3 ULTRA, GSKILL 4500, 960EVO M.2
    https://valid.x86.fr/52sqs5
    SUPERSAM67
    Re: Can't open X1 V1.1.8. Crashes upon launch. 2021/03/31 22:47:52 (permalink)
    Pale Horseman
    SUPERSAM76

Jacob from EVGA is posting the links to the individual VBIOS downloads as requested.  There is where I got mine.

I've tried flashing the BIOS that Jacob posted there, but, despite all troubleshooting efforts, I can't seem to get any video output using that BIOS. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that Precision 1.1.8 or 1.1.8.1 aren't working on my computer either. Really frustrating either way. I hope somebody at EVGA is taking notice of this. I also noticed someone else in that thread complaining that X1 would just flash the logo then crash. 
    Pale Horseman
    Re: Can't open X1 V1.1.8. Crashes upon launch. 2021/04/01 15:50:45 (permalink)
    SUPERSAM67
    Pale Horseman
    SUPERSAM76

I've tried flashing the BIOS that Jacob posted there, but, despite all troubleshooting efforts, I can't seem to get any video output using that BIOS. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that Precision 1.1.8 or 1.1.8.1 aren't working on my computer either. Really frustrating either way. I hope somebody at EVGA is taking notice of this. I also noticed someone else in that thread complaining that X1 would just flash the logo then crash. 

I had the same issue.  The trick for me was to switch to the normal VBIOS (the FTW3 has dual BIOS - still the original on normal) and disable Rebar in the Mobo BIOS.  Then switch back to the OC VBIOS  I updated and do a reboot  (image was back), and last turn on Rebar in the motherboard.
    gamenlegend
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Can't open X1 V1.1.8. Crashes upon launch. 2021/04/03 14:07:05 (permalink)
    I'm having this issue too.  Previous versions work fine but nothing I try will get me pass it crashing on launch.  Same crash log as well.

For anyone else having this issue, it was a color profile issue.  Changing the default system color profile allowed it to launch.

Since it keeps removing the link, here's what fixed it:

Thanks for a quick response and welcome!
    There was no custom profile - i.e. the box is already unticked.  However!
    I looked on the Advanced tab, and the Device profile said "scRGB virtual device model profile" (It might have been sRGB instead of scRGB, I was too quick to change it I guess).  I changed this to "System default (sRGB IEC61966-2.1)" and the installer worked!  Now the application also launches fine!
    I would send you the profile but I'm not sure where to find it.
    Thank you for your help.
    post edited by gamenlegend - 2021/04/03 14:18:35
    koitsu
    Re: Can't open X1 V1.1.8. Crashes upon launch. 2021/04/04 20:00:09 (permalink)
    gamenlegend
    I'm having this issue too.  Previous versions work fine but nothing I try will get me pass it crashing on launch.  Same crash log as well.

For anyone else having this issue, it was a color profile issue.  Changing the default system color profile allowed it to launch.

This is not the issue for me.  I have two monitors, both with correct/proper Colour Profiles set:

* Display 1: Dell U2717D -- using DELL U2717D Color Profile, D6500 (default), file U2717D.icm, with Use My Settings For This Device unchecked (this is intentional)
    * Display 2: Dell E178FP -- using sRGB IEC61966-2.1 (default), file sRGB Color Space Profile.icm, with Use My Settings For This Device *checked* (this is intentional)

And for me, as I said before, rolling back to 1.1.7.0 worked fine.  So the issue is purely with changes made to 1.1.8.0.  I'm at least glad you found a workaround for you though.
    koitsu
    Re: Can't open X1 V1.1.8. Crashes upon launch. 2021/04/09 13:09:03 (permalink)
    1.1.9.0 also continues to have this problem (crashing on start).
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile