Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
StukaPT
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/10/23 04:39:07 (permalink)
Good afternoon,

I am trying to purchase a 3 year extended warranty for my RTX3090 XC3, but when I'm directed to PayPal for payment the only option is to use a UnionPay card and doesn't accept any VISA or Mastercard.

Is there any alternative solution to pay the extended warranty?

Best Regards

30 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30991
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/10/26 10:30:28 (permalink)
    Welcome to the EVGA Forums

Sorry your having issue with your extended warranty purchase  https://www.evga.com/warranty/extended/

please reach out directly to EVGA CS for your region
    Contact Customer Service

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

davevt31
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1130
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/10/26 10:43:05 (permalink)
    Check this thread :

https://forums.evga.com/Union-Pay-only-payment-option-when-trying-to-purchase-EU-Extended-Warranty-m3088147.aspx

another user had an issue with the same Union Pay options and was able to get it to work.

Lamasso
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/10/28 07:36:10 (permalink)
    Same problem, impossible to extend warranty. Only UnionPay is available !!
    StukaPT
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/10/28 10:08:56 (permalink)
    Dear all,
    Thanks for your replies, I solved the issue by associating the bank account to my Paypal.
    Kind Regards.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/10/28 10:16:29 (permalink)
    StukaPT
    Dear all,
    Thanks for your replies, I solved the issue by associating the bank account to my Paypal.
    Kind Regards.

Glad that worked out for you

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

polaroidik
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/11/04 07:36:08 (permalink)
    I am currently dealing with similar issue caused by the same flaw of payment process involved.
    I have multiple european mastercards (czech/norwegian, credit/debit) and using every single one of them i ended up with the same superfast sequence that ends with paypal error msg "something went wrong".
    At some point I decided to investigate and used screen grabber to slow down his "turbo purchase process" while taking pictures and got a picture of paypal screen with tooltip/feedback from paypal with statement "merchant does not accept this card".
    I tried to contact supportEU@evga.com, no responce.

Is there any workaround?.
    Is there any support in this whatsoever, what is the actuall responce time of european support office?

That linking of bank account in paypal profile, suggested by in previous posts, didnt make any change for me. Account was verified and added into my paypal. During processing of payment, same issue.

Right now I am thinking about to giving a shot to paypal wallet/balance. Maybe ,who knows, maybe it will pass, maybe not.

So far, this is very very annoying and tiresome endevour.
    If purchasing extended warranty is so problematic, why to bother.....

post edited by polaroidik - 2020/11/04 07:39:22
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/11/04 08:04:05 (permalink)

Are those "prepaid CC" / "gift cards" you are trying to use ?

https://eu.evga.com/legal/store/

It is about purchases .. might apply to the extended warranty purchase also ?

(excerpt)

4. Payment and Address Verification

EVGA does not accept the use of international- and prepaid credit cards linked to Paypal.
    EVGA recommends avoiding the use of prepaid credit cards and gift cards when placing an order at EVGA.com. It is possible that your order may be cancelled and refunded if it is not able to be verified by our order verification team.
    If your shipping address does not match your credit card or other billing address EVGA reserves the right to verify the order and EVGA’s standard shipping and order process times may not apply.

polaroidik
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/11/04 09:32:18 (permalink)
    -terminology-
    Debit card - keyed to my primary bank account, paying with my own money from my bank account.
    Credit card - keyed to secondary bank account, paying with bank's money, expenses are monthly deducted from my primary account

-answer-
    Standard debit and credit cards. Those are the types of cards i do use and have already tried. I do not use any "special" (prepaid/gift) or whatever single charge/purpose cards.

I checked terms and the phrasing in link provided to EVGA store. There is a statement "EVGA does not accept the use of international- and prepaid credit cards linked to Paypal". This could explain a rejection for my international credit card. BUT this doesnt not explain rejections of regular international debit mastercards of mine.

P.S.: I have initiated paypal balance refill. I was told that i would take roughly two days to see anything happening on paypal. Then i could try direct payment w/o card involved.

Steamfluff
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/11/06 15:45:40 (permalink)
    polaroidik
    -terminology-
    Debit card - keyed to my primary bank account, paying with my own money from my bank account.
    Credit card - keyed to secondary bank account, paying with bank's money, expenses are monthly deducted from my primary account

-answer-
    Standard debit and credit cards. Those are the types of cards i do use and have already tried. I do not use any "special" (prepaid/gift) or whatever single charge/purpose cards.

I checked terms and the phrasing in link provided to EVGA store. There is a statement "EVGA does not accept the use of international- and prepaid credit cards linked to Paypal". This could explain a rejection for my international credit card. BUT this doesnt not explain rejections of regular international debit mastercards of mine.

P.S.: I have initiated paypal balance refill. I was told that i would take roughly two days to see anything happening on paypal. Then i could try direct payment w/o card involved.

Have you had any success with that? I'm trying to pay with a Czech debit MasterCard which I've never seen as "not accepted" anywhere, linking my bank account did not help and customer support is not responding to my ticket. A bit lost here. :(
    polaroidik
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/11/07 00:45:13 (permalink)
    Paypal balance only payment for warranty wasnt possible to test yet, the wire transfer to fill up the wallet was finished but paypal is still processing it....

Tried again all cards, on different PCs, different ISP, different browsers. I dont think that i can do more from my pov.
    I even convinced friend of mine to pay on my behalf (has similar cards background). No success.
    There is something seriously broken in EVGA payment solution. I have never ever seen any paypal payment to be so obstructive...

post edited by polaroidik - 2020/11/07 02:09:49
    elvtal
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/11/07 19:28:35 (permalink)
    I have the same "something went wrong" problem which pops up automatically after a brief flash of the finalize payment window (I guess at least as it is too fast to read). Maybe it is because for historical reasons my PayPal account is registered in Slovakia, but my billing address is now in Germany. But even if I tried to set the preferred card to pay PayPal charges from to my German VISA card it has failed. The whole page looks very poorly designed with just one single PayPal option. I guess it is just broken on Evga side, especially since I actually bought my card via the same PayPal account few days ago without any problems.
    elvtal
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/11/09 01:34:59 (permalink)
    Just for others to help: I solved this by uploading the money to my PayPal balance. It seems it indeed for some reason does not want to use VISA cards linked with PayPal.
    polaroidik
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/11/09 23:15:09 (permalink)
    Yeah, it took me some time to fill paypal balance.
    Paypal was again and again returning wired payments (although the transfer was made as requested by multiple sources).
    Moving money through Trustly solved that issue and further ordering of evga warranty through paypal balance was a piece of cake afterwards.

... the pacient is alive, despite of the new world order ...

DarthCanada
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/11/10 13:44:46 (permalink)
    what is the warranty for the RTX 3070?
    polaroidik
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/11/15 05:19:04 (permalink)
    its based on purchase costs, not on model

b3ka123
    • Total Posts : 37
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/11/19 23:58:40 (permalink)
    Thanks for info, something went wrong for me as well! I will fill-up the balance. 
    Ancaril
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/12/06 11:03:58 (permalink)
    polaroidik
    Yeah, it took me some time to fill paypal balance.
    Paypal was again and again returning wired payments (although the transfer was made as requested by multiple sources).
    Moving money through Trustly solved that issue and further ordering of evga warranty through paypal balance was a piece of cake afterwards.

... the pacient is alive, despite of the new world order ...

Hello, I just bought 3080 FTW3 and I'm also trying to buy extended warranty from a Czech card. Did it really work for you to just move money to paypal through Trustly? I get the same error "Something went wrong..." even when I unlink all the cards from my Paypal. I moved the 25 euro there so I'll just wait until it's there and try again. But the fact that it fails even though theres no card (when I slow it down and check it goes through a page that says I should choose the payment option) does not give me much hope.
    polaroidik
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/12/07 05:35:00 (permalink)
    Yeah, the process can be completed through/with paypal balance.
    Involved Evga process and control there is kinda outdated.
    Ancaril
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/12/07 06:33:38 (permalink)
    polaroidik
    Yeah, the process can be completed through/with paypal balance.
    Involved Evga process and control there is kinda outdated.

So what was your procedure? Charge paypal with 25 euro, unlink all cards from paypal and then try to extend the warranty from "My Products - extended warranty" as normal, log into your paypal and it would just work?
    polaroidik
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/12/07 07:48:18 (permalink)
    Charge your paypal with a little more then 25 euro (used 900Kc to be sure) and alss set preferred payment method to wallet ballance, primary source (change from "any card").
    When billing in evga script check occurs, money shall be deducted from your active balance.
    Afterwards any following paypal transaction will take the rest of wallet balance updating setting back to "any card" as usually due to no remaining funds present.
    lupone
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2020/12/17 03:23:23 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    StukaPT
    Dear all,
    Kind Regards.

Glad that worked out for you

I don't want to associate my bank account with PayPal and I want to purchase the extended warranty, can you or EVGA provide for a solution?
    vycius9
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2021/05/26 04:01:14 (permalink)
    the same problem..
    DaBogo
    • Total Posts : 69
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2021/05/30 13:54:17 (permalink)
    Hi i have the same problem. I tried so many times and i also send an e-mail to EVGA Support and i've been also adviced to add my Bank Account to my PayPal but these is NOT AN OPTION to me. Why do i have a credit card? To be able to pay something fast and done. I dont have a prepaid credit card. I dont have a gift card. My Visa is from Corner Banca with HQ in Switzerland and this Bank is known world wide. I also tried to add my Revolut card, but it was not working again.
    I'm just asking or wondering: How would i pay for the new Cards which are comming in a few days? Just imagine how unlucky would it be to be able to get something to basket - proceed to check out - your card is not been accepted by evga? This is the next possible issue since i still have 50days for the extended warranty. But i dont have 50 days left to get this to work in order to be able to purchase new TI GPUs.

Why this cannot be fixed by EVGA?
    DaLiu
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 122
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2021/05/31 16:33:56 (permalink)
    I would love firstly to have a 3090....

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VMQIDQNAOEU7BSY

projecthunder
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 102
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2021/06/03 15:04:48 (permalink)
    This is useful information, thanks for the update.
    Almighty_Moe_FR
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2021/07/24 02:11:18 (permalink)
    StukaPT
    Dear all,
    Kind Regards.

Not all banks are available to attach to Paypal.  My bank was owned by a major chain, but then sold it to become some boutique bank that so far I've only had a ton of headaches with - this lack of paypal connection is a new one.  Don't get me started trying to change banks as an American overseas - most banks won't touch me with a 10 meter pole.   So not like I can even easily change banks, much less in the timing within the window to purchase the extended warranty.

So guess I'm SOL?  Short answer yes.

So what EVGA is creating here is a super inconvenient barrier to those in Europe.   So guess they don't want my money?

I guess all I can do is beg they listen, not much anyone in these forums can do.

P.S.  I found a way to pay it - 10 year warranty.   I had to use a paypal account I had in the USA and pay myself to the European Pay Pal, for the exact amount of the warranty.  Had to give paypal 6% transaction fees, plus the loss in USD to EUR conversion, and was able to create a balance in my EU account.   In hindsight I could have simply paid from my usa paypal account directly, maybe not had to pay the 6% transaction fee - but in short, I should not have to do this!   Also how many people have multiple paypal accounts?  It's such a convoluted way to do a simple transaction.

Not to mention, if I ever do need to file an RMA, i will not be able to do this again for a cross ship option because no way I can simply pay this from an account in another country I don't put funds into, nor do I have the funds in there to cover the cost of my card.    

EVGA - PLEASE fix this.
    post edited by Almighty_Moe_FR - 2021/07/24 02:32:45
    markedpk
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 104
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2021/07/24 14:43:10 (permalink)
    StukaPT
    Dear all,
    Kind Regards.

Excellent news indeed. Thank you for the update
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2021/07/25 23:56:19 (permalink)

Glad you got it resolved.    

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102278
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Cannot buy Extended Warranty for my RTX3090 in EU 2021/07/26 00:30:35 (permalink)
    EU Customer service should be able to assist you if you cannot purchase an extended warranty. If you are still having issues send me a PM.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile