EVGA

Can I use this as a regular headphone input when not streaming or recording?

Author
jameseskow
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/05/18 09:31:10 (permalink)
I just set up my XR1, and everything seems to be working correctly. The one thing I can't get it to do is output any sound to the headphones. It doesn't show up as an audio device in Windows but does show up in OBS. Am I doing something wrong, or is this not capable of doing what I want it to?

1 Reply Related Threads

EVGATech_DanielC
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 53
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Can I use this as a regular headphone input when not streaming or recording? 2021/05/27 07:47:33 (permalink)
    Hello James, 
    When adding the device to OBS it shows up as "EVGA XR1 Capture Box Video" 
    when its added "Video Capture Device" shows up under OBS's audio mixer, any audio that passes through HDMI will/should output to the card which passes the audio through the headphone jack on the device itself, the tv/monitor hdmi is outputting too, and the "video capture device" source in the audio mixer in obs, mind you if you have your headphones plugged into you XR1 for monitoring audio output, i believe in the manual it also mentions different modes when you click down the wheel and one of them should be for output volume, you may need to adjust the output volume if you can't hear anything by default. 
    We hope this information helps, if not consider giving our support a call @ 
    1 (714) 528-4500 or email us at Support@EVGA.com

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile