EVGA

Call of Duty Modern Warfare criticised for year-long exclusivity of Spec Ops Survival Mode

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102227
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/09/25 22:23:10 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/call_of_duty_modern_warfare_criticised_for_year-long_exclusivity_of_spec_ops_survival_mode/1

With Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, PlayStation 4 owners will have exclusive access to the game's Spec Ops Survival mode, which is due to release on Xbox One and PC on October 1st, 2020. 

This announcement came during Sony's latest "State of Play" livestream, after which developer Infinity Wars received a lot of flack from fans of the series. In a tweet,  Infinity Ward's narrative director Taylor Kurosaki stated that the decision to make that mode exclusive are "above all of our pay grades".    

All of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's game other game modes, such as the game's Single Player Campaign, Multiplayer and other Spec Ops modes will be available on day-1 on other platforms. Kurosaki commented that Spec Ops Survival is only a "sliver" of the game's Spec Ops mode. In another tweet, Kurosaki stated that "I'd rather have everyone playing 99 per cent of the content at the same time than 100 per cent of the content some time later." Basically, this is better than making the game a timed platform exclusive. 

Unlike previous Call of Duty releases, the game's map packs will release simultaneously on all platforms, removing the month-long platform exclusivity of prior releases. 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will release on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on October 25th, 2019. 

Personally I find this to be a disappointing announcement. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

7 Replies Related Threads

chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare criticised for year-long exclusivity of Spec Ops Survival 2019/09/26 11:22:28 (permalink)
    Activision always pulls stuff like this at the last moment. This is no surprise. EA and Activision have been the leaders in garbage on PC for years now. Not because their games are "technically" bad, but because of all the other garbage that comes along with their games.
    BDay33
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 167
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare criticised for year-long exclusivity of Spec Ops Survival 2019/09/27 10:19:19 (permalink)
    What a shame. There was a lot of good momentum for this game until this news.

Doesn't make a difference for me as I don't plan on playing the mode, but I feel for the ones that were planning to on Xbox and PC.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30963
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare criticised for year-long exclusivity of Spec Ops Survival 2019/09/27 11:30:34 (permalink)
    one would think the exclusivity - was probably bought & paid for - wonder how much $$$ that cost Sony

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare criticised for year-long exclusivity of Spec Ops Survival 2019/09/27 14:02:49 (permalink)
    That's not it's only problem -  netcode is apparently even worse than before .

https://www.vg247.com/2019/09/26/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-beta-netcode-reportedly-worse-than-most-shooters/

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/d9faiu/cod_modern_warfare_beta_netcode_worse_than_black/

https://www.youtube.com/c...P7QY6L5pvmm0-stL-pNFrw

In Ground War 64, server send rate drops to 24Hz, with client send rate peaking at 70Hz. As for the delay, Battle(non)sense measured an average value of 98.6ms for damage, 106.2ms for gunfire, and 109.8ms for movement. Things are even worse in Ground War with 64 players, as the figures jump to 136.4ms, 152ms, and 155.8 respectively.

post edited by aka_STEVE_b - 2019/09/27 14:05:39

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare criticised for year-long exclusivity of Spec Ops Survival 2019/09/27 14:57:16 (permalink)
    aka_STEVE_b
    That's not it's only problem -  netcode is apparently even worse than before .

https://www.vg247.com/2019/09/26/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-beta-netcode-reportedly-worse-than-most-shooters/

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/d9faiu/cod_modern_warfare_beta_netcode_worse_than_black/

https://www.youtube.com/c...P7QY6L5pvmm0-stL-pNFrw

In Ground War 64, server send rate drops to 24Hz, with client send rate peaking at 70Hz. As for the delay, Battle(non)sense measured an average value of 98.6ms for damage, 106.2ms for gunfire, and 109.8ms for movement. Things are even worse in Ground War with 64 players, as the figures jump to 136.4ms, 152ms, and 155.8 respectively.

Yeah, it kind of made the beta a joke. I can't take a game seriously that has that has this bad of netcode.
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare criticised for year-long exclusivity of Spec Ops Survival 2019/09/27 16:07:02 (permalink)
    Netcode is everything to me.  I like to hit the target from the time I clicked my fire button but these days, it's all about $$$ and the more people you have involved in matches around the globe = more $$$ so they need to increase the latency on others with low pings so it syncs better for those that are with higher pings.  It's a joke really and ruins the whole experience.  Ever since CoD4/BFBC2, they've been experimenting with this nonsense only to give high end low ping systems a nightmare experience.  One of my biggest pet peeves.  

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    JPSHRACER1486
    • Total Posts : 100
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare criticised for year-long exclusivity of Spec Ops Survival 2019/10/03 12:33:38 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    With Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, PlayStation 4 owners will have exclusive access to the game's Spec Ops Survival mode, which is due to release on Xbox One and PC on October 1st, 2020. 

This announcement came during Sony's latest "State of Play" livestream, after which developer Infinity Wars received a lot of flack from fans of the series. In a tweet,  Infinity Ward's narrative director Taylor Kurosaki stated that the decision to make that mode exclusive are "above all of our pay grades".    

All of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's game other game modes, such as the game's Single Player Campaign, Multiplayer and other Spec Ops modes will be available on day-1 on other platforms. Kurosaki commented that Spec Ops Survival is only a "sliver" of the game's Spec Ops mode. In another tweet, Kurosaki stated that "I'd rather have everyone playing 99 per cent of the content at the same time than 100 per cent of the content some time later." Basically, this is better than making the game a timed platform exclusive. 

Unlike previous Call of Duty releases, the game's map packs will release simultaneously on all platforms, removing the month-long platform exclusivity of prior releases. 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will release on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on October 25th, 2019. 

I like that they are removing the exclusivity of the map packs. This was always frustrating back in the day. However, I have never purchased a Call of Duty Map Pack before. I think that Activision is behind why the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Survival mode is a timed exclusive to PlayStation 4 until October 2020.

Apple App Store - Penguin Jump World (United States Only currently):
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/penguin-jump-world/id1470686231
    Graphic Design, Level Design and Music by myself. Buildbox game engine licensed.
    https://jpshracer.com

Keep Moving Forward - Walt Disney
    Xbox and PC Gamer!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile