EVGA

CLC fan profile + fan controller, do they work together or override?

Author
Celeras
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 876
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
2021/04/06 15:54:48 (permalink)
It is my understanding that the CLC fans are quite loud at 100%, and that the firmware does not allow you to change the fan profile to be anything less then 100% once you hit 60'C.

I plan on connecting all my CASE fans to a controller to adjust their speed. If I connect the CLC fans to the same controller.. will it work the way I expect and hope?

Let's say I set the fans to 50% power in the controller, and then adjust the CLC fan profile how I like:

When I hit 60'C, will the "100%" in the fan profile scale properly to equal the 50% power level designated by the controller? Or will it override the controller and start blasting at full power?

I think it should scale but you never know with eVGA software lol. Thanks in advance.

If I helped you in some way, or you just think I'm awesome.. please use my associate code! It gives you a discount

9 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30978
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: CLC fan profile + fan controller, do they work together or override? 2021/04/08 14:17:05 (permalink)
    If I'm understanding you

Once the fans are disconnected from the CLC ... it does not power or control the fans

Your fan controller has Total control ... if your fan controller has a thermal couple ... it can adjust RPM as it is designed to

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Celeras
    SSC Member
    Re: CLC fan profile + fan controller, do they work together or override? 2021/04/08 16:45:06 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    If I'm understanding you

Once the fans are disconnected from the CLC ... it does not power or control the fans

Your fan controller has Total control ... if your fan controller has a thermal couple ... it can adjust RPM as it is designed to

Oh, so Flow Control won't work at all if the fans are plugged into the fan controller? I thought since it was saving directly to the firmware that it would.

So the only way to get the fans to NOT go to 100% at 60'C is to not use flow control at all?

If I helped you in some way, or you just think I'm awesome.. please use my associate code! It gives you a discount
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30978
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: CLC fan profile + fan controller, do they work together or override? 2021/04/09 13:04:01 (permalink)
    Celeras
    (abbreviated)
    I plan on connecting all my CASE fans to a controller to adjust their speed. If I connect the CLC fans to the same controller.. will it work the way I expect and hope?

Celeras
    Cool GTX
    If I'm understanding you

Oh, so Flow Control won't work at all if the fans are plugged into the fan controller? I thought since it was saving directly to the firmware that it would.

So the only way to get the fans to NOT go to 100% at 60'C is to not use flow control at all?

Your talking about using a separate fan controller for the radiator fans, right ?

The EVGA software can't control the fans if they are disconnected from the CLC

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Celeras
    SSC Member
    Re: CLC fan profile + fan controller, do they work together or override? 2021/04/09 13:21:42 (permalink)
    Cool GTX

Your talking about using a separate fan controller for the radiator fans, right ?

The EVGA software can't control the fans if they are disconnected from the CLC

Yep, thanks. I guess I will just use the motherboard fan curve.

So stupid that in order to get the fans to not run at at 100% above 60'C, you have to not use the EVGA software at all 

MattyMattMatt
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 112
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: CLC fan profile + fan controller, do they work together or override? 2021/04/11 12:52:30 (permalink)
    The included fans are loud af even at their lowest rpm. You should 100% replacement them.

Associate Code: C0RZOAF57R3JE6B
    Elite Member ID: MXFACO40E1XPINUAY3X
    Celeras
    SSC Member
    Re: CLC fan profile + fan controller, do they work together or override? 2021/04/15 16:36:07 (permalink)
    MattyMattMatt
    The included fans are loud af even at their lowest rpm. You should 100% replacement them.

Doesn't really change what I was discussing though, which is the fans (new or old) would be 100% as soon as you hit 60'C.

Though FWIW I am running the stock fans at 1000rpm and they are not audible above my case fans unless I stick my head right up against it as I turn it up. If you think they are loud at their lowest (600pm) you might want to get checked for a tumor 

MattyMattMatt
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 112
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: CLC fan profile + fan controller, do they work together or override? 2021/04/15 16:42:07 (permalink)
    No. They are loud at all rpms, I checked. They're just bad fans.

Associate Code: C0RZOAF57R3JE6B
    Elite Member ID: MXFACO40E1XPINUAY3X
    Celeras
    SSC Member
    Re: CLC fan profile + fan controller, do they work together or override? 2021/04/15 16:57:52 (permalink)
    MattyMattMatt

coolmistry
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2502
    • Ribbons : 45
    Re: CLC fan profile + fan controller, do they work together or override? 2021/04/16 01:29:08 (permalink)
    Celeras
    MattyMattMatt

I have CLC 360 here and I wouldn't bother to use EVGA CLC Flow control software annoying with high RPM at 100% at 60c tooo loud so I use onboard fans control which is much better! (Cooler fans radiator go to CPU fans header and the cooler pump stay on PWM fan header and must be set at 100% speed for pump but I set at 75% is good enough cos it too high rpm at 100% then you can control the clc fans on your motherboard Smart or Auto fan control! 
    If you want to monitor the CLC CPU Temp and Coolant temp for your CLC cooler then you can use Aidi64 to monitor and for Coolant temp you will need HWiNFO. I have change silent quiet fans for my CLC cooler is better more quiet at 1600rpm rather EVGA Fans....it up to you but it great and better for me and maybe for you too!! 

Attached Image(s)

Windows 11 Home 64bits up to Dated
    i9 11900K 5,275 MHz (3,500 MHz) || EVGA Z590 FTW WIFI || 2 x Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti FE || 32Gb Dominator Platinum DDR3 3600mhz XMP OC 3800mhz || 500gb Samsung 980 Pro NVMe || 500gb Samsung 970 EVO and Sata M.2 (1 x SSD and 1xHHD) || EVGA CLCx 360 Cooler || EVGA Supernova 1300w X3 || EVGA Z10 Keyboard || EVGA TORQ X10 mouse ||EVGA DG 77 case || Acer Predator  X35 35" 200Hz G-Sync || Logitech Z906 5.1 system sounds SPDIF|| Kaspersky Internet Security
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile