Helpful ReplyCLC 360 Fan noise

Author
sirgruntsalot
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/10/24 17:13:40 (permalink)
Hi everyone,
When I first installed my AIO, it looked like it was working like a dream.
It was quiet, and my idle temps showed in the low to mid-20s. This was before I knew about the Flow Control app, which consistently shows 10 degrees more than the temp monitor my MB comes with (the Asus Z590-Plus). Also, when playing PUBG, temps never got over 50 degrees. point being, it was staying really cool. Great, I thought.
Fast forward about 2 months and even at fairly low speed, all 3 fans make an audible whining noise, and it's quite a nuisance. 
The cooler is installed on the top of the PC, so it exhausts directly upward. 
So, I can hear this whining from the fans far before I can hear air that is being moved by them.
Is anyone else having this issue with fan noise when configured that way?
As I said, it wasn't like this when I first installed it.
any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

rgarvey58
  • Total Posts : 97
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: CLC 360 Fan noise 2021/10/25 13:42:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby sirgruntsalot 2021/10/26 13:27:43
sirgruntsalot
It was quiet, and my idle temps showed in the low to mid-20s. This was before I knew about the Flow Control app, which consistently shows 10 degrees more than the temp monitor my MB comes with (the Asus Z590-Plus). 

There are multiple CPU temperature sensors, are you sure you are comparing the same sensor? Flow Control is getting the sensor values from the same place as the Asus SW.

Fast forward about 2 months and even at fairly low speed, all 3 fans make an audible whining noise, and it's quite a nuisance. 

Never used the EVGA fans that came with my CLC360, too many report they are server loud at high RPM. Assuming the fans are clear of any dust/debris... if the fans are making noise that wasn't there when you purchased the unit I would contact EVGA. No need to deal with that having a 5 year warranty. The RMA process usually involves shipping the defective parts back, and then they will ship you new parts. Also, you likely have to pay to ship back the faulty fans. Kinda tough having an AIO without fans so...that being said, I recommend getting some Arctic P12 PWM PST fans (~$10 each on Amazon, 5 pack for $31). They have much better static pressure, and are very quiet even at high RPMs. I am using the P12 PWM PST ARGB version, and they work great. I know buying new fans for a 2 month old AIO is BS, but a worthy upgrade for short $$$ imo...
InfusionOfFear
  • Total Posts : 51
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: CLC 360 Fan noise 2021/11/08 11:11:24 (permalink)
That's what I did as well. Replaced the fans with Noctua 1700 RPM fans. I then use argusmonitor with two profiles set. A gaming one and a desktop one. I press Alt Z and I'm in game mode. Video card is controlled via MSI Afterburner. 
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile