EVGA

Building a Custom Cooling Loop for 1080 Ti Hydro Coppers

Author
Ben_H
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/02/28 15:19:35 (permalink)
I’m beginning my journey to construct a 4 GPU expandable liquid cooled computer and hoping for leads. I’ve found the EKWB website and that’s my best source so far. I like the concept of liquid cooling as a means of extending the operating life of GPUs and as a way to achieve greater flexibility with cooling measures. I’ve imagined piping the radiator into an AC system during the hottest parts of the year. Please don’t hesitate to share any leads, anecdotes, or advice. I’m open to buying a kit or to shopping individual components. My first specific question is what diameter of tubing I should be using and what fittings will match my EVGA 1080 Ti Hydro Coppers.

My maximum build would be 13 GPUs but that’s a wild pipe dream. For the moment I’m hoping to acquire 4 1080 Ti’s by summer and maybe 8 by this time next year.

2 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Building a Custom Cooling Loop for 1080 Ti Hydro Coppers 2018/02/28 15:28:45 (permalink)
    Moving post to Overclocking, Cooling and Benchmarking

Home » All Forums » [Computer Hardware/Software] » Overclocking, Cooling and Benchmarking

My thread is pinned to the Top of that section

Ready to try water cooling. Where to start? Library of links-basics to expert

When using "chilled water" to cool, you have to avoid reaching the dew point of the ambient air -- "or it Will Rain on your system"

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Ben_H
    • Total Posts : 7
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Building a Custom Cooling Loop for 1080 Ti Hydro Coppers 2018/02/28 17:50:02 (permalink)
    Cool GTX, you rock! I’ll dig in tonight 😋
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile