EVGA

Hot!Bring back gaming events

Author
ksuaviator
  • Total Posts : 82
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/04/04 06:02:42 (permalink)
Please bring back gaming events. I miss them. I met other enthusiasts through the events and the talk of system building with them encouraged me to buy more EVGA products. I understand they are “paused” at the moment but I say let us Play! ;)

23 Replies Related Threads

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 13377
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/04/04 11:43:38 (permalink)
    The servers are still all available anytime to play on ... and so is the EVGA Discord channel 

AMD RYZEN 9 3900X  12-core cpu~ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite board ~ EVGA RTX 2080 SUPER XC2 ULTRA OC~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 16 GB DDR4 3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 Gig SSD ~ CORSAIR H80i v2 cooler ~ CORSAIR M65 elite mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 RGB Mechanical Keyboard~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 31.5" Gaming monitor 2560 X 1440 (144Hz) ~ Win 10 x64 
    ................ GET UP TO A 10% DISCOUNT ON PURCHASES BY CLICKING ....VVVVVVVVV.........

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9337
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/04/04 21:10:17 (permalink)
    Agreed. They must bring back Gaming events and atfrico again.
    I know my fans (salty or not) miss my presence

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags!
     The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. When you abuse it, it reverses on you and it hurts you.The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.
    BizSAR
    EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 1012
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/04/04 22:21:15 (permalink)
    Still on hiatus, but as aka_STEVE_b said, the servers are all up (if they aren't, let us know) and we have Discord, so now would be a good chance to get some friends together and game on them. If someone were to organize something, I'd play. :)

~BizSAR
    BS-Mods 2016 PDXLAN Charity build + EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q

Klavesin
    • Total Posts : 46
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/05/21 02:20:02 (permalink)
    Latest EVGA giveaway (aka EVGA Slapshot May-Hem Social Media Event Sponsored by INTEL) mention Gaming Event and even required to play games from previous gaming events to complete entries.

Is this clear sign what Gaming Events will be back soon? 

XrayMan
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 63368
    • Ribbons : 107
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/05/21 20:17:40 (permalink)
    Klavesin
    Latest EVGA giveaway (aka EVGA Slapshot May-Hem Social Media Event Sponsored by INTEL) mention Gaming Event and even required to play games from previous gaming events to complete entries.

Is this clear sign what Gaming Events will be back soon? 

I hope so.     ;)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    JDMcC
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/05/21 23:18:49 (permalink)
    Hi guys, glad to see we have a 'kinda-sorta' gaming event going on with the Slapshot May-Hem Event  :)

The server stats seem to be down for all of the various games, though.

Anybody know how to access them so I can verify my hours per game?  Pen and Paper method is a little tedious  :)
    BizSAR
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/05/21 23:30:57 (permalink)
    This isn't the same has regular gaming events, I believe. Checking on it.

~BizSAR
    BS-Mods 2016 PDXLAN Charity build + EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q

BizSAR
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/05/22 01:31:44 (permalink)
    I verified that for the Slapshot May-Hem Event, the hours played are tracked differently, coming from the Steam account you signed up with, just looking at how much time you play the game in question. It's not tracked server-side.

~BizSAR

JDMcC
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/05/22 01:47:31 (permalink)
    Wow, BizSAR.  

Thanks for that info so quickly.

So, I guess I use the Pen and Paper method to track my hours 'till gleam allows the entry for each particular game.

XrayMan
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/05/22 21:39:58 (permalink)
    JDMcC
    Wow, BizSAR.  

So, I guess I use the Pen and Paper method to track my hours 'till gleam allows the entry for each particular game.

Just don't fudge the numbers.    

&nbsp
    JDMcC
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/05/23 00:09:03 (permalink)
    XrayMan
    JDMcC
    Wow, BizSAR.  

Just don't fudge the numbers.    

Wait ... you mean I can't do it the same way I fill out my golf scorecard ... Unfair! 
    JDMcC
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/05/26 21:50:44 (permalink)
    Welp, I'm trying  

Roughly 13 hours on CS-GO and the gleam widget keeps stating "complete action first". 

I'm launching from the EVGA Server List page.
    btw, only 2 of the 4 work - DeathMatch NY and HK give a "server not responding" prompt, DeathMatch DE and Casual TX both work.
    I mostly see just bots while playing, only occasionally does another player show up.  On Casual TX  server the game keeps replaying the same map no matter which one gets voted on (It's mostly just me voting - so a 1/1 vote - idk if that makes a difference when selecting a new map).

Steam, as part of its Spring Cleaning Event promotion, is letting folks d/l and play select games for free (the play is only for a limited time, though - good till the 28th of May).

Among those games is Left 4 Dead 2.  I've installed it and am currently trying to get my hours up in that game.  All of the L4D2 servers seem to work, though the HK server doesn't start you in a spawn point - It starts as if you'd clicked the Desktop icon.  Interestingly, this way of launching the game (Desktop Icon or HK Server) has the other 3 EVGA servers listed as a rolling selection at the bottom of the start menu.

Also (if it matters), on the TX server of L4D2, there is a player by the name of "Kimbr" who just spins around in spawn - If you kill him (takes a boatload of ammo) - he respawns to a rescue point, but is still just spinning around, and not moving otherwise.  I'm posting this very late Sunday, 26th - he was on very early in the morning when I 1st installed the game.

I should be able to get my 10 hours in on L4D2 before the free play expires - I'll post then in regards to whether Gleam took my entry or not.
    BizSAR
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/05/28 11:34:46 (permalink)
    Gleam just checks if you have the played hours or not, based upon the Steam ID you sign up with. What server you play on doesn't matter.
    I'll check on the servers not responding and the player in the TX L4D2 server.
    Thanks for the heads-up!

~BizSAR

JDMcC
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/05/28 16:17:35 (permalink)
    Over 20 hours with L4D2, before the temporary license expired.  Still says "complete action first".

BizSAR
    Gleam just checks if you have the played hours or not, based upon the Steam ID you sign up with. What server you play on doesn't matter.
    Thanks for the heads-up!

Hmm.

Now that you mention it BizSAR,  I don't recall being asked to actually entering my steam ID anywhere.  At least not in the same way our previous gaming events have had us to explicitly provide that number. I seem to remember I always had to look up/confirm my Steam ID with the tool(s) mentioned in the gaming event posts.

Looking at the May-Hem event page, I don't see where the Steam ID is specifically asked for, either.

Perhaps this is why attempts to enter my game hours failed?  ...  In which case ... Help!   I don't know how to enter the Steam ID! 
    EVGATech_JoseC
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 326
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/05/28 18:51:51 (permalink)
    JDMcC
    Over 20 hours with L4D2, before the temporary license expired.  Still says "complete action first".

BizSAR
    Thanks for the heads-up!

Hmm.

Now that you mention it BizSAR,  I don't recall being asked to actually entering my steam ID anywhere.  At least not in the same way our previous gaming events have had us to explicitly provide that number. I seem to remember I always had to look up/confirm my Steam ID with the tool(s) mentioned in the gaming event posts.

Looking at the May-Hem event page, I don't see where the Steam ID is specifically asked for, either.

Perhaps this is why attempts to enter my game hours failed?  ...  In which case ... Help!   I don't know how to enter the Steam ID! 

I'm sending you a PM about this. I hope we can get this figured out! 

XrayMan
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/05/28 19:14:21 (permalink)
    JDMcC

BizSAR
    Thanks for the heads-up!

Hmm.

You have to sign up first with a Steam ID.     :/

&nbsp
    JDMcC
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/05/28 20:20:12 (permalink)
    XrayMan
    JDMcC

BizSAR
    Thanks for the heads-up!

Hmm.

You have to sign up first with a Steam ID.     :/

XrayMan, did you have to enter your Steam ID? 

As I recall, that 1st link (after verifying your birthday?), just took me to the EVGA group in Steam - I ensured I was already joined, shifted my profile to wide-open public and then Gleam let me continue.  I did not (to my memory, anyway) need to enter the actual Steam ID number thingy.
    XrayMan
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/05/28 23:02:53 (permalink)

I think Bizsar needs to check on this, and get back to you.

&nbsp
    Davabled
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1740
    • Ribbons : 42
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/06/21 12:53:23 (permalink)
    Are the giveaway rules based on at least 10 hours total time played, or is it 10 hours played in the last 2 weeks? I had plenty of time total in TF2, and gleam accepted my entry, but I haven't played in about 2 weeks (according to my Steam profile). 
    Would I be disqualified for not having recent playtime when they draw the winners?
    I couldn't find the answer in the fine print.
    post edited by Davabled - 2019/06/21 12:56:48
    EVGATech_JoseC
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 326
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/06/21 15:00:16 (permalink)
    Davabled
    Are the giveaway rules based on at least 10 hours total time played, or is it 10 hours played in the last 2 weeks? I had plenty of time total in TF2, and gleam accepted my entry, but I haven't played in about 2 weeks (according to my Steam profile). 
    Would I be disqualified for not having recent playtime when they draw the winners?
    I couldn't find the answer in the fine print.

You would have had to play 10 hours from the date that the event started to confirm your entry on Gleam. So now that you have confirmed your entry on Gleam, you should not run into any issues. 
    _AlanT
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 232
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/06/23 15:57:44 (permalink)
    Were these "gaming events" like LAN parties? If so, bring them back!

To California!
    Dooms87
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 992
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/06/23 19:55:26 (permalink)
    EVGATech_AlanT
    Were these "gaming events" like LAN parties? If so, bring them back!

To California!

East coast too please NY here the west/midwest gets all the love for LANs and such.

Honestly, we need new games I hate that EA won't let companies host their own private servers for BF1/5 as they did for BF3/4

NZXT Phantom 630 - Asus P6X58D-E - EVGA GTX 680 FTW 4gb  - Intel I7 930 2.8 Ghz OC @ 4.0Ghz - H80 
    Corsair HX1000W - Corsair 12gb DD3 Dominator ram 1600 - Intel 80 gig X25m SSD -
    Samsung 500g HDD -Logitech G15 - Logitech G9X -Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 13377
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Bring back gaming events 2019/07/08 10:34:37 (permalink)
    Sorry guys - I had to wait for confirmation , but these will be no more for the foreseeable future.

https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2971197

AMD RYZEN 9 3900X  12-core cpu~ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite board ~ EVGA RTX 2080 SUPER XC2 ULTRA OC~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 16 GB DDR4 3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 Gig SSD ~ CORSAIR H80i v2 cooler ~ CORSAIR M65 elite mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 RGB Mechanical Keyboard~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 31.5" Gaming monitor 2560 X 1440 (144Hz) ~ Win 10 x64 
    ................ GET UP TO A 10% DISCOUNT ON PURCHASES BY CLICKING ....VVVVVVVVV.........

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile