Brand loyalty, food for thought

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Brand loyalty, food for thought 2016/05/29 14:29:44 (permalink)
ChoWZa
kaninja
Sometimes it makes better business sense to not cater to every customer's wishes. The customer is not always right.

Unfortunately for your statement, refusing to sell more to existing customers will never be right. Lol.

Market research tells us existing customers will return based on an initial positive experience, the product meeting their expectations, and excellent customer service. Offering them something not available to the general public is of little value in the grand scheme.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Brand loyalty, food for thought 2016/05/29 14:55:50 (permalink)
ChoWZa
RushXTC
I think companies would lose more customers if they allowed "Loyal" (Or so they say) customers to pre-order and then the stock runs out and they have to delay the public release.

Than they would lose if they uhh.... don't implement it at all!

They'll lose money by selling out their product to their customers instead of the public? Someone didn't think that through.

Or maybe it is too much for you to comprehend.

If it's sold out, It means they go to a different manufacturer, But you're right, Obviously they don't lose money or customers.

ChoWZa
At the end of the day, if EVGA commit to me that if I owned their video cards they will ship me new cards at or near release of new launches (and succeeded in doing so) I would exclusively buy EVGA cards, and common sense tells me many others would jump on board. I'd probably buy new cards I wouldn't have bought otherwise just because I'm part of the EVGA loyalty program.

You're not entitled to anything, Seriously. You want them to implement this because of you? How many cards are you going to buy daily?

Now I'm really interested.
post edited by RushXTC - 2016/05/29 14:59:22

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
Re: Brand loyalty, food for thought 2016/05/29 15:00:35 (permalink)
bill1024
I think a better program would be like my local deli loyalty program.
If I buy 5 subs, I get the sixth one free.

What say you EVGA, I buy five video cards I get one free?

Yes! Now this I'm down for, Every suggestion NEEDS TO BE IMPLEMENTED BECAUSE I AM ENTITLED TO IT.

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

Hillguy
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1320
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: Brand loyalty, food for thought 2016/05/29 15:48:42 (permalink)
ChoWZa
Hillguy
ChoWZa
RushXTC
I think companies would lose more customers if they allowed "Loyal" (Or so they say) customers to pre-order and then the stock runs out and they have to delay the public release.

They'll lose money by selling out their product to their customers instead of the public? Someone didn't think that through.

We the public are their customers 

I know you're trolling but no, not all the public are existing EVGA customers.

Not trying to troll you at all , it was an attempt at levity ( aka .. a joke )    But if you want to "Split Hairs" then again you are wrong because "All Members of the Public Are Potential eVGA Customers"  

You want a list of why people buy eVGA gear ?

- best RMA service in the industry
- RMA cross shipping
- 90 Day step up program
- superb live telephone product support 24/7
- they will transfer waranty from one owner to another
- they will even allow you to remove the factory cooling and swap them for water blocks without voiding the warranty

I could go on but you are looking for special treatment reserved for only the most elite overclockers and tech heads on the planet and that's never going to happen bud , you have to earn your way into that club.

Best of Luck

eVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin Hydrocopper | eVGA X299 Dark | Intel i9 10980XE | Heatkiller IV CPU Block | 32 GB GSkill Trident Z 3200  | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo | Dual Corsair AX1200i PSU's | Dual Koolance RP-1000 Pumps | Dual Koolance EHX-1320 4x120mm Rads | W10 | Asus PB278Q | Acer 20" | Razer Death Stalker | Razer Death Adder | Thermaltake Armor+
ChoWZa
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Brand loyalty, food for thought 2016/05/29 16:51:33 (permalink)
Hillguy
ChoWZa
Hillguy
ChoWZa
RushXTC

We the public are their customers 

I know you're trolling but no, not all the public are existing EVGA customers.

Not trying to troll you at all , it was an attempt at levity ( aka .. a joke )    But if you want to "Split Hairs" then again you are wrong because "All Members of the Public Are Potential eVGA Customers"  

You want a list of why people buy eVGA gear ?

- best RMA service in the industry
- RMA cross shipping
- 90 Day step up program
- superb live telephone product support 24/7
- they will transfer waranty from one owner to another
- they will even allow you to remove the factory cooling and swap them for water blocks without voiding the warranty

I could go on but you are looking for special treatment reserved for only the most elite overclockers and tech heads on the planet and that's never going to happen bud , you have to earn your way into that club.

Best of Luck

But if you want to "Split Hairs" then again you are wrong because "All Members of the Public Are Potential eVGA Customers"  

One true statement does not make another true statement false. "The sky is blue" "You are wrong, the grass is green." When I referred to "customers" in the original statement I was referring to existing customers which was implied due to context. You ignored the context and made a joke. 

The step up program and GPU air cooling swap are nice, and as far as I can tell unique to EVGA. This was never an attack on EVGA though so I'm not sure why everyone is so vehemently defending evga. I never said evga is bad. 

As far as RMA goes, Amazon RMA trumps any vendors RMA program. That's just the way it is. If a motherboard or video card is not stable from the get go, it's going back (after due diligence troubleshooting) for a refund or replacement. If it is stable, the odds of it becoming unstable later are small, it's never happened to me.
As far as support goes, I haven't worked with every vendors support, I have worked with evga in the past, cross-shipping RMA (not free, btw) and I would say this: the best support is the support you don't need.

In general, people will buy other brands over evga if the performance is the same and the price is a bit cheaper. Several people have already mentioned that in this thread. The market doesn't value support as highly as the evga loyals on here.

As far as "earning" my way into the club, you have it backwards, the club needs to earn the customers business. Sure evga has it's share of the market, but all I am suggesting is a way to capture more of that market. Until then I'll just continue to mix vendors. When one vendor smartens up and implements something like this I will be sure to bump this thread though. :)
post edited by ChoWZa - 2016/05/29 16:53:24
ChoWZa
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Ribbons : 0
Flagged as Spam (3)
Re: Brand loyalty, food for thought 2021/12/03 15:15:10 (permalink)
kaninja
Sometimes it makes better business sense to not cater to every customer's wishes. The customer is not always right.

Just here for the victory lap.
CraptacularOne
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14533
  • Ribbons : 222
Re: Brand loyalty, food for thought 2021/12/03 19:02:44 (permalink)
ChoWZa
kaninja

What point did you have coming back nearly 6 years later to bump this stupid thread? 

What victory lap are you taking? 

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
Re: Brand loyalty, food for thought 2021/12/05 09:56:45 (permalink)
CraptacularOne
ChoWZa
kaninja

What point did you have coming back nearly 6 years later to bump this stupid thread? 

What victory lap are you taking? 

Good question...since any idiot could spam 100 posts and get elite membership for a while there..and then got in queue..they didn't even have to be previous eVGA customers.

This guy is just ...not intelligent...

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile