Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/09/02 16:27:15 (permalink)
nefink

Sure did!

I wonder what caused the issue then.. Sorry to hear you are having a rough time getting this taken care of. 
Squall_Rinoa86
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1735
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/09/02 16:59:42 (permalink)
I can tell you what it is. Warehouse is closed on the weekend and there is no shipping on monday (Labor Day).

So even if you paid FOR 2 day shipping.... It was shipped out friday (Business day) So Day 1.

Weekend is NOT a business day and Monday is a Federal Holiday Soo the reason you are not getting it on Saturday is because only crucial shipments are done on the weekend. GPU is NOT a life saving or technical needed part. You're not a business.

RMA Department has no control when label is printed on when UPS picks up the package or does what and their IS a delay (24hr) on the time it gets updated.

If you think EVGA is doing you a dis-service, remember the fact this issue was placed on a Friday. It sucks but the next normal business day IS Tuesday 9/5 NOT 9/4 . You are getting exactly what you paid for in the EAR. If your not paying the $25 to ship the part to and from you, then I wouldn't be complaining so much about EVGA's customer service.

I had to pay to return a dead Motherboard (Issue with PCI-E lane) to ASUS which cost me $35 for them to take 2 weeks to send me a replacement.

All my issues I've had with EVGA products they have covered both Cross-Ship and shipping.
post edited by Squall_Rinoa86 - 2017/09/05 05:19:53

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
My Affiliate Code: AN1FW0VMG6
greensoldierusa
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 106
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/09/02 23:21:06 (permalink)
Those holidays create a mess with shipping for sure.

nefink
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/09/05 16:17:44 (permalink)
Sigh....

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
Wednesday, 09/06/2017 , By End of Day

REFUND incoming

Edit:Refund denied rofl
post edited by nefink - 2017/09/05 17:02:41
nefink
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/09/05 16:21:22 (permalink)
Squall_Rinoa86
I can tell you what it is. Warehouse is closed on the weekend and there is no shipping on monday (Labor Day).

So even if you paid FOR 2 day shipping.... It was shipped out friday (Business day) So Day 1.

Weekend is NOT a business day and Monday is a Federal Holiday Soo the reason you are not getting it on Saturday is because only crucial shipments are done on the weekend. GPU is NOT a life saving or technical needed part. You're not a business.

RMA Department has no control when label is printed on when UPS picks up the package or does what and their IS a delay (24hr) on the time it gets updated.

If you think EVGA is doing you a dis-service, remember the fact this issue was placed on a Friday. It sucks but the next normal business day IS Tuesday 9/5 NOT 9/4 . You are getting exactly what you paid for in the EAR. If your not paying the $25 to ship the part to and from you, then I wouldn't be complaining so much about EVGA's customer service.

I had to pay to return a dead Motherboard (Issue with PCI-E lane) to ASUS which cost me $35 for them to take 2 weeks to send me a replacement.

All my issues I've had with EVGA products they have covered both Cross-Ship and shipping.

#1 Actually, I AM a business. Not only do I use my computer for my home office for my main line of work, but I also run a consulting business on the side. Assumptions...they're great aren't they?
#2 I'm not getting remotely what I paid for in EAR
#3 The "Order" was NOT placed on Friday
#4 I WOULD be complaining about the customer service because I was given the run around several times and flat out lied to another and..well I'm not repeating the entire time I've had with this process you can just read the entire thread which you clearly did not do
nefink
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/09/05 17:02:08 (permalink)
So, I start a live chat with <Name Redacted>...I tell him that I did not receive my replacement card next day for which I paid and need to know what steps I need to take in order to ask for a refund. He proceeds to tell me that since the card was not purchased from EVGA that I would have to ask for a refund through them(Trust me I'm going to). I tell him no, I'm not asking him for a card refund, I would like a refund of the ~$50 I paid for EAR. As it states it was "shipped" on 8/31/17 but UPS didn't receive it until 9/01 and that the delivery date was updated to Tuesday and was just now updated AGAIN to Wednesday.

He replies back and says he'll check the status. I told him I already know the status and copy/paste the tracking info from UPS. His response was "I still have to check" Understood...I could be lying.

He comes back saying he sees that it was delayed and says he'll have to speak to a supervisor about it....I wait....and wait...and wait...and then chat disconnects because it was idle too long...which is then compounded by the fact that chat is No Longer Available.

I swear to God it's like they are screwing with me lol

I get an email about 10min later from the Chat Rep which caused me to lol out of frustration...They are offering me a $5 refund because that's the price difference between Next Day and 2nd Day EAR...but only if it actually arrives tomorrow...maybe if it's delayed until Friday I can actually get a full refund!

Best customer service ever...Seriously, where do I stick the gold stars? 
somethingc00l
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 752
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/09/05 17:06:03 (permalink)
I hope someday you get some actually bad customer service to put this in perspective. You just sound whiny and entitled.
nefink
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/09/05 17:17:32 (permalink)
somethingc00l
I hope someday you get some actually bad customer service to put this in perspective. You just sound whiny and entitled.

You don't have to wait until someday, it's happening now. I'm sorry if I'm offending the company you love so dearly, but I am entitled(see what I did there) to give my opinion and share my story with anyone else that might decide to use them. 

So I'm whiny and entitled because someone else isn't hold up their end of a bargain and a service that I paid extra for was also not delivered upon and since I'm expressing my displeasure at said faults I'm entitled...How about this, why don't you tell me where the good customer service is in all of this so I can focus on that?

I've been around the world long enough to experience a gamut of customer service experiences and been on the other side of plenty myself and I can honestly say this doesn't even fall in the middle of the pack. Take it or leave it....although you seem to care enough to keep coming back to insult me. :)

Just like you're entitled to your opinion about me, I'm entitled to mine about this.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/09/05 18:22:04 (permalink)
Mixing A Gaming Computer with A Business Computer or Finance Computer is not good Business.
For a Business Computer get a Dell OptiPlex for Less than $500, 100% Taxed to a Business.
This may stop you from Gaming but would keep your Business Running.
If you do mix then get a computer with an integrated graphics so you can keep the Business Running.
You would then use the dedicated graphics card for Gaming.
A ROG - Republic of Gamers is a Gaming Motherboard for a Gaming Computers for the most part.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/09/05 18:40:53

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Squall_Rinoa86
FTW Member
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/09/05 20:43:28 (permalink)
nefink
somethingc00l

You don't have to wait until someday, it's happening now. I'm sorry if I'm offending the company you love so dearly, but I am entitled(see what I did there) to give my opinion and share my story with anyone else that might decide to use them. 

So I'm whiny and entitled because someone else isn't hold up their end of a bargain and a service that I paid extra for was also not delivered upon and since I'm expressing my displeasure at said faults I'm entitled...How about this, why don't you tell me where the good customer service is in all of this so I can focus on that?

I've been around the world long enough to experience a gamut of customer service experiences and been on the other side of plenty myself and I can honestly say this doesn't even fall in the middle of the pack. Take it or leave it....although you seem to care enough to keep coming back to insult me. :)

Just like you're entitled to your opinion about me, I'm entitled to mine about this.

You're the people at the end of the day, that I Tell Have a good day! When you've been an ass of a customer infront of everyone.

I have never had an issue EVGA didnt take care of quickly and swiftly.

You get, what you receive. Good luck and hope ASUS and whomever you choose don't have to deal with you or you deal with them on customer service level if you think EVGA is "Terrible".

I've had...

a 250 GTS 512MB crap out and they replaced it within a week to two because it died 2yrs after I bought it.

I've had,  an issue where the Bio's switch broke off on my 1070 FTW2 only about 3 months after using it, and first time EVER using the switch. They sent me an Cross-Ship EAR without me having to pay a dime.

Replacement card stopped displaying Display port no matter what I did, they sent me a second cross ship EAR Free.

Didnt have to pay for return shipping either, twice.

I also went ahead stepped up.. 2 1070 FTW2's, and a 465 GTX no issues.

So.. good luck having ASUS allow you to step up within 90 days, or whomever you choose to go with.

nefink
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/09/06 06:55:31 (permalink)
Squall_Rinoa86

You're the people at the end of the day, that I Tell Have a good day! When you've been an ass of a customer infront of everyone.

I have never had an issue EVGA didnt take care of quickly and swiftly.

You get, what you receive. Good luck and hope ASUS and whomever you choose don't have to deal with you or you deal with them on customer service level if you think EVGA is "Terrible".

I've had...

a 250 GTS 512MB crap out and they replaced it within a week to two because it died 2yrs after I bought it.

I've had,  an issue where the Bio's switch broke off on my 1070 FTW2 only about 3 months after using it, and first time EVER using the switch. They sent me an Cross-Ship EAR without me having to pay a dime.

Replacement card stopped displaying Display port no matter what I did, they sent me a second cross ship EAR Free.

Didnt have to pay for return shipping either, twice.

I also went ahead stepped up.. 2 1070 FTW2's, and a 465 GTX no issues.

So.. good luck having ASUS allow you to step up within 90 days, or whomever you choose to go with.

Awesome, I'm over the moon that you've never had an issue...I have...Clearly and have every right to be upset about it. Once again I'm sorry if you're traumatized by my tarnishing the perfect name of EVGA.

Spoke to another rep last night and after looking at my entire RMA process from start to finish apologized for what appeared to be a "perfect storm of bad luck"....I'd say that sums up the entire process quite nicely.

"You get, what you receive." Well thank you Captain Obvious for explaining that one. 

If you say that you wouldn't be even remotely upset for going through all of the crap I went through to get this thing kicked off, paid the extra money for Next Day to not have it ship on time, and THEN still not receive the next day RMA at least a week later(Because oh ya...notification this morning...it's been delayed again) you're only fooling yourself because it sure as hell isn't fooling me.

Have a great day! 
Squall_Rinoa86
FTW Member
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/09/12 00:23:36 (permalink)
Enjoy Gigabyte, MSI or ASUS, that is even if you even had the GPU..

Notwist
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 130
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/09/12 07:52:09 (permalink)
Shipping typically works as follows: You paid for the shipping to be next day, there is still 1-2 business day processing time (i.e. They make the label and schedule, UPS picks up the package, then they have to process it themselves.) Once UPS has it, they ship it in the fashion you paid for it, according to their definition of business days.

Everything you described so far sounds perfectly though, so I don't quite understand the intense frustration. :(

And others are right: buying components for a business-critical machine is NEVER a good idea. I do video editing, and there is a reason why Apple or Dell are so popular: their service is typically next day (Dell you need to buy the gold service package). Yea it's cheaper to build, but when money is on the line, you'll appreciate the turnaround time that pre-built companies can offer.

I am also SUPER critical of screw ups by companies, because I have high expections when high amounts of money are spent. If one day EVGA screws up, then I'll absolutely call them out on it. But to keep things in perspective, everything you described seems reasonable.
post edited by Notwist - 2017/09/12 19:52:02
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30996
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/09/12 18:56:25 (permalink)
OK enough - please edit any of your posts that may be in violation of TOS -- or a Mod may be forced to delete them

EVGA Forums Terms of Use

Forum Etiquette

Members are expected to treat each other with respect, and be courteous of each other's opinions and advice, regardless of his or her relative experience. Although lively discussion is encouraged among members, there are seven things that will not be tolerated:

Personal Attacks - Personal attacks often lead to the trading of insults, and can throw the discussion of a legitimate topic off-track.  Personal attacks can be defined as issuing a single or repeated personal attack or attacks aimed at another member, rather than at their opinions or ideas.  Criticizing a member's post is not considered a personal attack, but using terms such as "child," "idiot," "fanboy," for example, or any other derogatory term designed to discredit a member, is not permitted.  Furthermore, comments of a racist or sexist nature, as well as derogatory comments about national origin or sexual orientation, will be dealt with harshly as in a ban from the forums.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

jabr0ni
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/10/12 05:53:46 (permalink)
so i bought the same card as this guy and also from newegg and today received it then plugged it in and no display either. ive built many pcs so no noob errors here just fustration over 2 hours now trying different things. last option is test at another pc store

only Igpu is working and lights on the 1080ti are on but not recognised in device manager and ive reseated it 3 times. and this is after i had to rma my 1070 which i bought last year but sold the replacement due to upgrading

is this 1080ti model just prone to more faults?
DeathAngel74
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1263
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/10/12 12:33:59 (permalink)
Maybe newegg got a bad batch?
I got my 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid from newegg in September, no issues. Just worked.....been a few days over a month now. (knocks on wooden table)
post edited by DeathAngel74 - 2017/10/12 12:39:43

Carnage specs:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING | Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7820x | Memory Channels#1 and #3: Corsair Vengeance RGB 4x8GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz | Memory Channels#2 and #4: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 4x8GB DDR4 DRAM 3200 MHz | GPU: eVGA 1080 TI FTW3 Hybrid | PhysX: eVGA 1070 SC2 | SSD#1: Samsung 960 EVO 256GB m.2 nVME(Windows/boot) | SSD#2&3: OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATAx2(RAID0-Games) | SSD#4: ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SATA(Storage) | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 RGB 360mm AIO LCS | Case: Thermaltake X31 RGB | Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1000W Titanium | Keyboard: Razer Ornato Chroma | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Chroma | Mousepad: Razer Firefly Chroma | Operating System#1: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate X64 | Operating System#2: Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya (3DS Homebrew/Build Environment)
LogicalApex
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/10/12 13:07:03 (permalink)
I'm late to the thread and gave the entire thread a read... I think OP is off base here and I'm definitely not aiming to defend EVGA, but you have to call things as you see them...

I'll put things into perspective here as to why I switched from Gigabyte to EVGA as I would consider that bad customer service... My GTX 580 had failed after being in use for a couple of years and I did the Gigabyte RMA process. It took them a few days to even approve the RMA so I could send the card in... The card took 3 days to arrive in California (USPS Priority Mail) then Gigabyte took 2 weeks "fixing it" and another week getting to me via UPS Ground. The downtime isn't critical as I had backup graphics... Gigabyte claimed they "fixed" the card only to have it return DOA. I had to argue with them to get the card replaced and they "upgraded" me to a GTX 680 "for my trouble". It took about 2 months for me to get a working card.

Contrast that to my only EVGA RMA experience so far. I did a Step Up from my 1080Ti FE to the 1080 Ti SC Black and I waited a long time for the Step Up to arrive as I had to ship my old card to EVGA and I only paid for ground shipping from Cali (so a week!) and when it arrives QA missed routing the fan cable correctly so when the fans spun up the wire was rubbing on the GPU fan. It not only made the card a bit loud, but it would also eventually cut the cable... I didn't want to risk any issues with an RMA in the future so I gave EVGA a call and was sorted out very quickly. They gave me an EAR Next Day and I was sorted out in another 2 or 3 days. That was great customer service in my book and a night and day difference between them and Gigabyte.

EVGA isn't Amazon so they need time to get the item packed and shipped. Whatever shipping time you get from an EAR or upgraded shipping is all about what is stamped on the UPS label and governs how fast UPS should be delivering AFTER they take possession. EVGA doesn't guarantee that if you talk to them at 11PM for an RMA with Next Day shipping selected that you'll be getting that item tomorrow at 10AM. I've had this happen when ordering from Amazon...

It is annoying having to wait more than a few hours for anything when you're used to Amazon Prime Same Day delivery, but not everyone can match that... If you're within your retailers return window you can ALWAYS return the card to them and get usually faster service than dealing with an RMA... Unless that retailer is NewEgg, but that's a whole different topic... I only buy from Amazon for that reason (though I got my 1080 Ti direct from EVGA due to launch day stock realities)...
DeathAngel74
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1263
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/10/12 18:05:38 (permalink)
Don't let the anger sharks win bruh. Just remember, take a deep breath....Gooz frah bah..... I hope everything works out for you. Just trying to lighten the mood. This post is scary depressing...

Carnage specs:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING | Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7820x | Memory Channels#1 and #3: Corsair Vengeance RGB 4x8GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz | Memory Channels#2 and #4: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 4x8GB DDR4 DRAM 3200 MHz | GPU: eVGA 1080 TI FTW3 Hybrid | PhysX: eVGA 1070 SC2 | SSD#1: Samsung 960 EVO 256GB m.2 nVME(Windows/boot) | SSD#2&3: OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATAx2(RAID0-Games) | SSD#4: ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SATA(Storage) | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 RGB 360mm AIO LCS | Case: Thermaltake X31 RGB | Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1000W Titanium | Keyboard: Razer Ornato Chroma | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Chroma | Mousepad: Razer Firefly Chroma | Operating System#1: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate X64 | Operating System#2: Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya (3DS Homebrew/Build Environment)
PietroBR
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1202
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/10/13 04:54:42 (permalink)
DeathAngel74
Maybe newegg got a bad batch?
I got my 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid from newegg in September, no issues. Just worked.....been a few days over a month now. (knocks on wooden table)

Got mine in May, and it works wonders.

nefink
somethingc00l

Let me tell my history with EVGA C.S.

I'm from Brazil.
Had 2 660Ti's a few years ago, bought on Paraguay.
One of the 660Ti died of nowhere. Sended an e-mail to EVGA support to see if they might help me solve the issue.
They told me to start an RMA.
Ok, started the RMA, sended the card to USA (since Brazil does not have cards stored for RMA purpose), also, didn't mind to pay 40$ for international shipping.
Less than 2/3 weeks later, a 960SSC arrived at my house.
Never, ever I would expect it to be that fast and that great customer service with EVGA.

Very well.
Pascal series comes out.
Bought a 1080FTW at Paraguay that had the problem with Black Screen and fans going nuts on full powers.
Contacted EVGA again.
New RMA.
Send card again to USA.
2/3 weeks later, new FTW arrives for me performing even better than my previous faulty card.

Now, in resume.
Let me tell you, that no company (and I mean, no company at all) would do what EVGA does for their customers.
I'm from another country, and would never had hope to have a replacement for my card if I were to have another brand GPU.
But with EVGA I did. 
They earned my trust with their C.S. not with the products.

Other can relate to my history here (Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, Bolivia, Africa, Congo, Zimbabwe, etc...). 

Case: Asus Z370-G Box / MB: Asus Z370-G / CPU: Intel I7 8700K / Mem.: 16GB (2x8) 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 / GPU: GTX 1080TI FTW3 / A.I.O. W.C: EVGA CLC280 / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

levicki
  • Total Posts : 37
Re: Brand New GTX 1080 TI DOA 2017/10/13 06:56:01 (permalink)
On the other hand, here is my experience so far:
https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-1080-Ti-SC2-Hybrid-Gaming-slow-m2717809.aspx

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile