Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
yaggaz
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1509
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2021/04/24 08:53:40 (permalink)

Bought the Medium Titan, thinking surely I don't need the small.  And even at maximum lowerage just my toes are touching the ground.  This causes the front of the seat to dig into my hamstrings and make my feet go numb.

So I have two options, return it and get the small omega model or get a foot rest.  I only need two inches.  Any suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Edit:  The wheels pop in and out easily.  Can one buy wheels that could lower it an inch or two?

||  CPU: Intel 10700k   ||  GPU:  evga 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid ||  MB: Gigabyte z490 UD AC  || RAM: 2 x 16GB 3000mhz DDR4 SDRAM  || Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB   ||    Dell S2417DG Monitor    ||  Soundblaster AE-7  ||  Phanteks p400a Case  ||   be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim CPU Cooler  ||  Corsair AX1600i PSU  ||  9 Fans total in system ||

60 Replies Related Threads

Dukman
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1478
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/24 08:57:13 (permalink)
    I would look into returning the chair and exchanging it with one that fits you better.

Edit:  While a foot stool might solve the problem, is that really a viable solution?  Because that would take away from the mobility of the chair.

post edited by Dukman - 2021/04/24 09:11:13

Heatware

driam
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 160
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/24 09:46:36 (permalink)
    I would have to agree with Dunkman on simply retuning it. 

I able to get ahold of their Refund and Return Policy:
    https://assets.secretlab.co/docs/2020-02-24/refund_and_return/rnrp_US.pdf 
    Good news is that they state no restocking fee. 

However... there is one other option if you, or some on you know, can make 3D parts and your feeling adventurous... At the base of the chair, the arms that that bridge over to the wheels are flat on top. You could make a non destructive bracket come from the bottom (B) and on top a part that looks like a pedals(A). These would be fastened together with screws and nuts. Each extension would have on of these pedals to rest your feet on.  Sorry the drawing is a bit crude it was a quick sketch lol. 

post edited by driam - 2021/04/24 09:51:54
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/24 10:26:02 (permalink)
    Return it for what you need...don't hack a solution that you won't be happy with.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

yaggaz
    FTW Member
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/24 14:14:09 (permalink)
    driam
    I would have to agree with Dunkman on simply retuning it. 

I able to get ahold of their Refund and Return Policy:
    https://assets.secretlab.co/docs/2020-02-24/refund_and_return/rnrp_US.pdf 
    Good news is that they state no restocking fee. 

However... there is one other option if you, or some on you know, can make 3D parts and your feeling adventurous... At the base of the chair, the arms that that bridge over to the wheels are flat on top. You could make a non destructive bracket come from the bottom (B) and on top a part that looks like a pedals(A). These would be fastened together with screws and nuts. Each extension would have on of these pedals to rest your feet on.  Sorry the drawing is a bit crude it was a quick sketch lol. 

Haha you should be an engineer.  That's what you came up with just for a forum post??? Thanks!

Now I have been looking on their website about the small chair.  I can't find any info on what makes the Omega one smaller?  Is it the width of the seat? Height of the back or (the most important to me) the distance from max lowerage of the seat to the floor?   I'm 5'9 and weigh 170lbs.  I wish I had a store around me that sells these high end gaming chairs but no luck so I had to go with what's online.

||  CPU: Intel 10700k   ||  GPU:  evga 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid ||  MB: Gigabyte z490 UD AC  || RAM: 2 x 16GB 3000mhz DDR4 SDRAM  || Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB   ||    Dell S2417DG Monitor    ||  Soundblaster AE-7  ||  Phanteks p400a Case  ||   be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim CPU Cooler  ||  Corsair AX1600i PSU  ||  9 Fans total in system ||
    Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 25794
    • Ribbons : 110
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/24 14:21:30 (permalink)
    AB was here...

CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14533
    • Ribbons : 222
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/24 14:27:47 (permalink)
    I've tried many a "gaming" chair and to be honest they all sucked. After a year at most they began to develop creaks and wobbles and sitting in them was always a compromise. I got sick of buying a chair every year or so, so I invested in a proper ergonomic office chair. I ended up getting a Steelcase Leap V2 chair. You might scoff at the idea of getting an office chair for gaming but these chars are designed to be sat in all day all the time. And even the mid range to entry chairs are more comfortable and last longer than those stupid racing bucket seat gaming chairs. The Leap V2 I have, has a 12 year all parts warranty. I've had it for just over 2 years at this point and it's just as comfortable, clean and quiet as the day I got it delivered. Yes it's more expensive than those gaming chairs, but with a 12 year warranty it'll more than pay for itself by you not having to buy another one every year or 2. 

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
    Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
    ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
    64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
    MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/24 15:12:07 (permalink)
    CraptacularOne
    I've tried many a "gaming" chair and to be honest they all sucked. After a year at most they began to develop creaks and wobbles and sitting in them was always a compromise. I got sick of buying a chair every year or so, so I invested in a proper ergonomic office chair. I ended up getting a Steelcase Leap V2 chair. You might scoff at the idea of getting an office chair for gaming but these chars are designed to be sat in all day all the time. And even the mid range to entry chairs are more comfortable and last longer than those stupid racing bucket seat gaming chairs. The Leap V2 I have, has a 12 year all parts warranty. I've had it for just over 2 years at this point and it's just as comfortable, clean and quiet as the day I got it delivered. Yes it's more expensive than those gaming chairs, but with a 12 year warranty it'll more than pay for itself by you not having to buy another one every year or 2. 

only chair I've found 'comfortable' is a 2000 dollar mesh chair an exec at my job has....but I'm not paying 2k for a chair ;)

so I usually buy the 100 dollar Office Depot/Staples special.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Phanteks P500A Case

Dukman
    FTW Member
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/24 15:17:05 (permalink)
    I have a Secret Lab Titan XL chair that is 3 years old now.   It's held up quite well and I don't regret the purchase, but if I were to replace it tomorrow I would not buy another chair like it.   I also notice that they have changed the design since I bought mine and I can see how the new ones sit taller.    Height wise, It looks like you might be better off going staying with the  Titan over the Omega.  The Omega shows a minimum of 5'11"  If you decide to stay with the Secretlab chair, that is.

But Craptacular has a valid point.  If this is a chair that you're going to be sitting in for lengthy period of time, then you might be better off just returning the SL chair and going for something like what Craptacular suggested.
    post edited by Dukman - 2021/04/24 15:19:40

Heatware

yaggaz
    FTW Member
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/24 15:53:00 (permalink)
    CraptacularOne

Thanks for the tip.  I'm thinking that's what I'll go with next time. 

Heh or this:

Dendra
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 111
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/24 18:37:46 (permalink)
    yaggaz
    CraptacularOne

Thanks for the tip.  I'm thinking that's what I'll go with next time. 

Heh or this:

Holy mother of yesss what is that glorious thing!

Gaming chairs are a complete scam. Just reselling cheap chairs with a brand sticker on it so it looks cool.

Glad I found that out before buying one because they sure do look cool.
    CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/24 19:46:28 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    CraptacularOne

only chair I've found 'comfortable' is a 2000 dollar mesh chair an exec at my job has....but I'm not paying 2k for a chair ;)

Probably talking about a Herman Miller Aeron. I tried one of those first before I settled on this Steelcase Leap, the only problem I had with it was I found the front of the seat would start to put pressure on my thigh just above me knees. The Aeron series lacks seat forward and backward adjustability so I could never get it perfect. You can certainly configure these ergonomic chairs to be in the $2000 neighborhood but you don't have to as you ca get them very nicely equipped in the $900-$1300 range depending on how you want it. This chair cost me $1200 as configured and they often have sales with very deep discounts. 

Grey_Beard
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2232
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/24 21:47:13 (permalink)
    I agree with CraptackularOne, a good office chair is the right solution.  Steelcase is a very good chair.  I prefer Herman Miller.  I also work from home, so it is important for me to have something I can sit in for hours.  I also have a bad back, so support is important not only for my lumbar, but for my shoulders.  I have a Herman Miller Embody chair.  Best chair I have ever sat in.  It is not cheap, almost $2,000, but when you base your livelihood on your ability to sit for hours and have your body not feel like it, then it’s a small cost.  It has a 10 year warranty.  You can find a used one cheaper, as these things are like an M1 Abrams tank.  I would never sit for 15 minutes in a ”gaming chair,” as it all seems like a gimmick to me.
    yaggaz
    FTW Member
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/25 01:06:29 (permalink)
    Grey_Beard
    I agree with CraptackularOne, a good office chair is the right solution.  Steelcase is a very good chair.  I prefer Herman Miller.  I also work from home, so it is important for me to have something I can sit in for hours.  I also have a bad back, so support is important not only for my lumbar, but for my shoulders.  I have a Herman Miller Embody chair.  Best chair I have ever sat in.  It is not cheap, almost $2,000, but when you base your livelihood on your ability to sit for hours and have your body not feel like it, then it’s a small cost.  It has a 10 year warranty.  You can find a used one cheaper, as these things are like an M1 Abrams tank.  I would never sit for 15 minutes in a ”gaming chair,” as it all seems like a gimmick to me.

Looks like they are coming down in price. 1500?

Embody Chair - Herman Miller

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/25 03:01:42 (permalink)
    I agree with the comments about a great office chair being really nice. I have tried to "gaming chairs" before but find that a quality office chair with ergonomics just does better for me for long gaming sessions. Think about the fact you don't see gaming chairs in office buildings where people sit for 8 hours a day. These jobs have existed for decades and people have been sitting behind desks at computers and type writers. If gaming chairs really are made for long term computer use we would see them naturally evolve into offices.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/25 04:24:23 (permalink)
    CraptacularOne
    transdogmifier
    CraptacularOne

Probably talking about a Herman Miller Aeron. I tried one of those first before I settled on this Steelcase Leap, the only problem I had with it was I found the front of the seat would start to put pressure on my thigh just above me knees. The Aeron series lacks seat forward and backward adjustability so I could never get it perfect. You can certainly configure these ergonomic chairs to be in the $2000 neighborhood but you don't have to as you ca get them very nicely equipped in the $900-$1300 range depending on how you want it. This chair cost me $1200 as configured and they often have sales with very deep discounts. 

I believe you are correct, tho they're 1395 right now....so they've come down a bit. I loved sitting in it..hate the thought of paying for it ;)

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Phanteks P500A Case

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102253
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/25 04:43:27 (permalink)
    I ordered a third party gaming chair because I had a problem with my feet not touching the floor properly. My wife has imposed a spending limit. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/25 08:35:38 (permalink)
    Grey_Beard

I was very close to going with the Herman Miller Embody but decided on the Steelcase Leap V2 because it was on sale when I purchased it. I did like the Embody, but never got to take it for an extended in home test, though I have no doubt I would have been happy with it. I have no regrets about the Leap V2 however. It's a great chair, very good support and adjustability and at $500 cheaper with virtually the same warranty, it got the nod 

Dukman
    FTW Member
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/25 08:56:32 (permalink)
    In (minor) defense of my Secret Lab Titan, I will say that if you sit in it with proper posture it's not bad all all.  Slouch or slump?  Yeah, not a good idea.

Still will replace it with a good office chair.   I've looked at that Herman Miller one, but that price tag staggers me every time.   The Steelcase one though?   I would like to see if I could find one locally to test drive.

Heatware

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18915
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/25 16:34:44 (permalink)

We have a couple of Herman Miller Aeron chairs for our computer desks at home. Awesome chairs. They are expensive, but when you look at how often you need to replace other gaming chairs, these actually work out to be quite reasonable, and at the same time you get a very durable and extremely high quality chair that remains comfortable even for long sessions (and for working from home day after day).

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

yaggaz
    FTW Member
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/26 01:14:49 (permalink)

I wish I had of had this conversation before I bought it.     Another day later and there's so much I can't stand about this chair.  The back seat is hard as rock, there's no comfort or cushion to it at all, what is in there? Wood?

The neck rest cushion can't come down any further than it is due to the width change at the top of the back rest, so instead of your neck resting into it, it's actually against the back of your skull lol

The front of the seat curls UP so steep that it cuts hard into your hamstring area just behind the knees. (Double the pain if your feet dont reach the floor)  My previous two chairs were mostly level and then they curved DOWN at the front.

Yeah nothing good to say about Secret Lab Titan chair.

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/26 04:52:25 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    I ordered a third party gaming chair because I had a problem with my feet not touching the floor properly. My wife has imposed a spending limit. 

That is always tough when you run into that situation.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Nex_Lupus
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12267
    • Ribbons : 31
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/26 05:18:29 (permalink)
    yaggaz

I wish I had of had this conversation before I bought it.     Another day later and there's so much I can't stand about this chair.  The back seat is hard as rock, there's no comfort or cushion to it at all, what is in there? Wood?

The neck rest cushion can't come down any further than it is due to the width change at the top of the back rest, so instead of your neck resting into it, it's actually against the back of your skull lol

The front of the seat curls UP so steep that it cuts hard into your hamstring area just behind the knees. (Double the pain if your feet dont reach the floor)  My previous two chairs were mostly level and then they curved DOWN at the front.

Yeah nothing good to say about Secret Lab Titan chair.

Wishing I had seen this post Saturday... Hopefully it fits me better. Which I went with the titan myself.

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67306
    STOP PIRACY - Sorry but pirates stole the link

grumpyh005
    • Total Posts : 71
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/26 06:54:00 (permalink)
    Definitely return it. My kid talked me into getting one of those GT Racer chairs, that thing is horrible. I watched the Gamers Nexus blind chair review and they cam up with the conclusion that all “gaming chairs” are bad. Wish I had seen that video before buying my kids chair.
    Nex_Lupus
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12267
    • Ribbons : 31
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/26 09:04:17 (permalink)
    Well it's already en rt. I'll try it out. Maybe comfortable for me and not for thee type deal where it only is good for some.

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67306
    STOP PIRACY - Sorry but pirates stole the link

Dukman
    FTW Member
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/26 19:42:39 (permalink)
    Nex_Lupus
    Wishing I had seen this post Saturday... Hopefully it fits me better. Which I went with the titan myself.

Won't dispute anything Yaggaz said.  I still don't hate mine, but then I also don't usually spend extended periods of time in it because that PC isn't my primary gaming set up.   On those few occasions where a project or a game keeps me in the chair for more than a couple hours?   Sore butt.   Maybe if I was 20 years younger I would have less of an issue.

Honestly, the whole "gaming chair" thing is a gimmick.  We get drawn to them because we see all the YouTubers using them (because they were given the chairs) and it doesn't help that some of those chair are actually good looking chairs.   But then we order them and realize the fact of the matter.   Not good for the long term.

Heatware

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/26 22:59:25 (permalink)
    I see some are giving input about other chair models. I have an AKRACING chair. Their frame isn't bad and the main seat covering material lasts. Their armrests are trash though. Had one snap off and both current ones the material they have covering is split and coming off on the sides of them. If I had to give a measure of the longevity of thier armwrests, I'd say they last about a year. Not a fan of the idea of changing armwrests on a chair yearly. It is however an option because they do actually sell individual chair parts.
    jtrolio
    • Total Posts : 15
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/27 17:43:56 (permalink)
    There are 'used' office furniture places where you can get discounted chairs and/or office furniture that is like 50% less or more. My stance as I've gotten older is you spend money on things you lie, sit or walk in as you should not cheap out on what makes your body comfortable, such as good pair of shoes, bed, and chair.   Your body is always worth spending more on to make you and your future self comfortable and less painful.

Gordante
    • Total Posts : 77
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/27 17:54:29 (permalink)
    I miss my work herman miller chair. Now that I'm work from home, definitely realizing an upgrade on a chair is needed. Good to know more about secret labs though.
    charlesborner
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 286
    Re: Bought a secret lab gaming chair but my feet don't reach the floor 2021/04/27 18:19:23 (permalink)
    CraptacularOne
    I've tried many a "gaming" chair and to be honest they all sucked.

Same here.
    I've had one of the Hermann Miller Aeron chairs for over a decade.
    They're not expensive.  But they're the most comfortable chair I've ever sat my over-large backside into.

Ryzen 5950X, Alphacool Eisbaer 420mm, ASROCK Taichi Razer, NVIDIA 3070 Ti FE, 3x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 64GB Trident Neo Z DDR4000, Seasonic Focus GX-1000, Total Noctua Fan Swap (8x Redux NF-P14S, 2x Chromax A20), 4x10TB WD Gold in Synology 920+, Thermaltake Core X9
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile