EVGA

Bought AN EVGA Motherboard From EVGA Website. It Performs Far Worse Than My Old MSI Board

Author
WolvenShadows
  • Total Posts : 47
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
2022/09/20 21:32:48 (permalink)
It's an EVGA X570 Dark board. Just got it a few days ago. My MSI X570S Unify-X Max overclocks the RAM much better and PBO boost is known to be broken on the EVGA board. I score far less in every benchmark I tried with the Dark board.

Are my only options to sell it locally at a loss? :(

4 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Bought AN EVGA Motherboard From EVGA Website. It Performs Far Worse Than My Old MSI Bo 2022/09/21 05:57:40 (permalink)
    Have the latest BIOS ?

Are you 100% sure, the CPU & cooler install or socket pins are not an issue?

Did you test you way up to the "best settings for This new MB" & did not just try & copy your "old MB settings" & expect the same results?

EVGA has a return policy

EVGA Warranty
    (excerpt)

Exclusive Remedy and Limited Refunds

• Except as specifically provided below, your sole remedy for a defective Product shall be the repair or replacement of such defective Product in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty.
    • EVGA only offers refunds for products purchased directly from its official website EVGA.com if such products are returned within 14 days of purchase. Returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee if the product packaging has been opened, regardless of whether the product has been used or not.
      • For products not purchased at EVGA.com, refund claims, if any, are subject to the Authorized Reseller's refund policy and must be processed through the original Authorized Reseller's return policy. EVGA will not honor any refunds offered through Authorized Resellers.
    • EVGA does not cover shipping costs for products that are returned for a refund.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

WolvenShadows
    Re: Bought AN EVGA Motherboard From EVGA Website. It Performs Far Worse Than My Old MSI Bo 2022/09/21 07:03:39 (permalink)
    I think I'm just going to RMA it, it's not a good board. 
    I tested my CL14 3600 Royal Elite memory at XMP and it won't even pass TM5 stress testing. Also the timings that work on my Unify-X Max don't pass whether I use custom voltages or just the timings and everything else at motherboard default.

Hopefully they'll send me a new board.
    WolvenShadows
    Re: Bought AN EVGA Motherboard From EVGA Website. It Performs Far Worse Than My Old MSI Bo 2022/09/21 07:06:04 (permalink)
    And yes, I checked the water block. It is an AM4 socket, The pins on the CPU are fine.

Also, I tested just the timings the same and different timings, and the other memory settings the same and just the timings and the rest on Auto. Nothing is working.
    post edited by WolvenShadows - 2022/09/21 07:11:39
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Bought AN EVGA Motherboard From EVGA Website. It Performs Far Worse Than My Old MSI Bo 2022/09/21 07:07:18 (permalink)
    GL

give an update once the RMA is complete

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile