Bosch and NVIDIA Team Up for Xavier-Based Self-Driving Systems

Author
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 16
2017/03/18 18:58:54 (permalink)
Bosch and NVIDIA on Thursday announced plans to co-develop self-driving systems for mass-market vehicles. The solutions will use NVIDIA’s next-generation codenamed Xavier SoC as well as the company’s AI-related IP. Meanwhile, Bosch will offer its expertise in car electronics as well as auto navigation.
Typically, automakers mention self-driving cars in the context of premium and commercial vehicles, but it is pretty obvious that, given the opportunity, self-driving is a technology that will be a part of the vast majority of cars available in the next decade and onwards. Bosch and NVIDIA are working on an autopilot platform for mass-market vehicles that will not cost as much as people think, and will be able to be widespread. To build the systems, the two companies will use NVIDIA’s upcoming Drive PX platform based on the Xavier system-on-chip, which is a next-gen Tegra processor set to be mass-produced sometimes in 2018 or 2019.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11205/bosch-and-nvidia-team-up-for-xavierbased-selfdriving-systems-for-mass-market-cars

and we know Xavier is in production now

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

1 Reply Related Threads

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Bosch and NVIDIA Team Up for Xavier-Based Self-Driving Systems 2017/03/19 20:45:23 (permalink)

Don't trust those driver less cars. I still think while humans have many flaws, I feel we can still drive better.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile