Author
hoffmannbeck
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 102
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/05/17 21:18:26 (permalink)
Hi Guys,
I don't know how much difference there is between the gpu's that EVGA has for overclocking.
Which model of RTX 3080 is the most recommended for OC? Is it recommended to make any changes such as replacing the cooler with a stronger cooling system?

2 Replies Related Threads

z999z3mystorys
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4480
    • Ribbons : 23
    Re: Better EVGA RTX 3080 model to overclock 2021/05/17 22:34:03 (permalink)
    as far as tiers of EVGA GPUs, it's Xc3 as the lowest, the FTW3, then Kingpin at the top. There isn't a kingpin 3080 so the best option among EVGA cards would be the FTW3

There are versions that have different types of cooling,
    The air cooled one:
    https://www.evga.com/prod...aspx?pn=10G-P5-3897-KR

they Hybrid one (basically a pre-installed CLC, though it's possible to buy the kit and convert it as well:
    https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=10G-P5-3898-KR

And the water cooled one, where you'll need to also have other water cooling supplies to get it set up:
    https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=10G-P5-3899-KR

Overclocking is also something that can be a bit luck based as well, so if you are unlucky you could end up with a GPU that won't overclock well no matter what you do with the cooling or design from a manufacturer., but  better designs can help improve the odds a bit as to how far you can go.
    SquirmyWormy23
    • Total Posts : 100
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Better EVGA RTX 3080 model to overclock 2021/06/07 01:35:16 (permalink)
    I agree with 
    z999z3mystorys
    as far as tiers of EVGA GPUs, it's Xc3 as the lowest, the FTW3, then Kingpin at the top. There isn't a kingpin 3080 so the best option among EVGA cards would be the FTW3

There are versions that have different types of cooling,
    The air cooled one:

they Hybrid one (basically a pre-installed CLC, though it's possible to buy the kit and convert it as well:

And the water cooled one, where you'll need to also have other water cooling supplies to get it set up:

Overclocking is also something that can be a bit luck based as well, so if you are unlucky you could end up with a GPU that won't overclock well no matter what you do with the cooling or design from a manufacturer., but  better designs can help improve the odds a bit as to how far you can go.

I agree with you on this! Its sad they haven't made the Kingpin rtx 3080. The FTW3 design offers very good performance for the price.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile