EVGA

Bethesda to Launch $29.99 Starfield: Shattered Space Expansion Without Early Reviews

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 84222
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 85
2024/09/25 00:40:07 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/326954/bethesda-to-launch-usd-29-99-starfield-shattered-space-expansion-without-early-reviews

Starfield's next DLC will be called Shattered Space, and it is set to launch on 30 September 2024 at $29.99 on PC, and Xbox. However, if you're a gamer that wants to know more about what you're getting into before you spend your money, you will seemingly need to wait, since gaming media won't have access to the expansion ahead of its launch.

The news was revealed by IGN journalist Dan Stapleton in a post on Bluesky that reads: "Aw dang, I'm told no Starfield: Shattered Space review copies are going out ahead of launch. We'll have something up on it ASAP but I imagine that's gonna be a few days at least." Stapleton doesn't seem to have been told why Bethesda won't be sending out review samples, but he does note that it will make reviewing the expansion while it is relevant more challenging.

Not sending out game keys for early review also makes it more difficult for gamers to know what they're getting into. For starters, some game reviewers will be more rushed to get their reviews out as early as possible, meaning they'll potentially miss details or produce inadequate coverage. Secondly, while many gamers will already have pre-ordered Starfield: Shattered Space, many are likely waiting for reviews so that they can make informed decisions.

That said, the Starfield community in general seems to be fairly optimistic about the new expansion, largely because of content Bethesda has published and information the company has divulged in interviews since the expansion's announcement. In a deep dive video posted to YouTube, Bethesda explained that Shattered Space is a departure from the standard Starfield formula, which was largely criticized for being too vast and somewhat bland. Instead, the new expansion will focus on up-close encounters in engaging, hand-crafted locations.
We love Starfield's massive open galaxy, but from early on in our planning, we knew we wanted to introduce some more secluded and handcrafted locations, similar to what you've seen from our past expansions.
Given how much hype there was around the initial launch of Starfield, and how the final game eventually turned out, it is still probably a good idea to wait a week or two for independent reviews before spending the $29.99 on the Shattered Space expansion.

I don't understand the logic of no early reviews. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile