EVGA

Best Buy Canada or no?

Author
Fatal2bU
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/10/24 08:24:54 (permalink)
Correct me if I'm wrong but was Best Buy added to the Canadian list of online retailers? Also, its only listed under the online tab and not the retailer tab like the U.S... Is it safe to assume that we can ONLY buy from Best Buy online and not directly in store? Kinda silly if you ask me but figured Id ask here since customer service didn't answer me yesterday. Will EVGA honor my warranty/step up from buying directly in store?

8 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Best Buy Canada or no? 2020/10/24 08:41:58 (permalink)
    I can't imagine why BB in store sales would be treated differently .. if BB is authorized reseller (they Are) then in store should be good

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Fatal2bU
    Re: Best Buy Canada or no? 2020/10/24 10:17:39 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    I can't imagine why BB in store sales would be treated differently .. if BB is authorized reseller (they Are) then in store should be good

Appreciate your response. Customer service replied this morning... " As long as the product ship record shows Best Buy it will qualify " and " buying in store and ordering from bestbuy.com is the same thing ". It still doesn't quite clarify if buying in store at a Canadian location would qualify ( ship record exist when purchased in store? ) but again, would be silly if not. Just want to avoid any frustrations regarding fineprints if I were to choose to go the Step Up route and finding a 2070/80 from an authorized reseller has become as hard as finding a 3080/90.
    irakandjii
    • Total Posts : 65
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Best Buy Canada or no? 2020/10/24 10:30:26 (permalink)
    Fatal2bU
    Correct me if I'm wrong but was Best Buy added to the Canadian list of online retailers? Also, its only listed under the online tab and not the retailer tab like the U.S... Is it safe to assume that we can ONLY buy from Best Buy online and not directly in store? Kinda silly if you ask me but figured Id ask here since customer service didn't answer me yesterday. Will EVGA honor my warranty/step up from buying directly in store?

So far I have not seen BB Canada having any of the cards.   Just BestBuy.com which is the USA.  I am not sure BB Canada is on an equal footing with the parent company.  For example, BB Canada does not list the Founders Edition Cards from nVidia.
    IanJay
    • Total Posts : 45
    Re: Best Buy Canada or no? 2020/10/24 16:06:53 (permalink)
    I'm not sure where you live but I was able to get a 3090 from Canada Computers by purchasing one on a backorder.. They have a list of what's potentially coming to the store and you can pre purchase them.. Mine took a week to come in.. Good luck bro
    irakandjii
    Re: Best Buy Canada or no? 2020/10/24 19:07:19 (permalink)
    IanJay
    I'm not sure where you live but I was able to get a 3090 from Canada Computers by purchasing one on a backorder.. They have a list of what's potentially coming to the store and you can pre purchase them.. Mine took a week to come in.. Good luck bro

Canada computers yes, the OP was talking about Best Buy.
    Last time I asked Canada Computers they had a pre-order queue on ROG Strix 3080's of over 500 pre-purchased customers. 
    So I got in the FTW3 queue here.
    For you, 3090's at $2300  including GST or as much as $2700 is a shorter list.
    Fatal2bU
    Re: Best Buy Canada or no? 2020/10/25 08:39:21 (permalink)
    irakandjii
    IanJay

Canada computers yes, the OP was talking about Best Buy.
    Last time I asked Canada Computers they had a pre-order queue on ROG Strix 3080's of over 500 pre-purchased customers. 
    So I got in the FTW3 queue here.
    For you, 3090's at $2300  including GST or as much as $2700 is a shorter list.

Yea I've been on a list at MemX and preordered at Canada Computers ( decided to cancel ) for weeks now, queue lines are huge. Reason I asked about Best Buy is because I came across some EVGA 2070s online and locally which is shocking, and figured it could be a GPU option in the meantime. I just find it funny how BBuy isn't listed under both tabs like the U.S and I noticed the manufacturers code ends in 'KB' and not 'KR' which I was previously told was required for the Step Up program. Confusing and probably not worth the headache, but not sure I want to spend a cold night outside this week to try and get my hands on an imaginary? 3070 after the last 2 failed launches and with AMD's GPU announcement the day before, well... maybe its best to be patient. 

Thanks for your input everyone
    irakandjii
    Re: Best Buy Canada or no? 2020/10/25 10:34:18 (permalink)
    LOL ..  I showed up a Canada Computer at 6 ish AM for the 3080 launch ...  there were already 4  people ahead of me.  There was 1 card when they opened at 11 am.  Soooo  I will not be doing that again ..

Good luck and good hunting Fatal2bU
    Fatal2bU
    Re: Best Buy Canada or no? 2020/10/25 15:12:14 (permalink)
    irakandjii
    LOL ..  I showed up a Canada Computer at 6 ish AM for the 3080 launch ...  there were already 4  people ahead of me.  There was 1 card when they opened at 11 am.  Soooo  I will not be doing that again ..

Good luck and good hunting Fatal2bU

LOL! See... yea wanna avoid that but I must say 4 people @ 6am is good IMO I was thinking more like a dozen or more by then. Gives me faith 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile