EVGA

Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles

Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102313
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2021/04/24 00:55:37 (permalink)
Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles | KitGuru

In a blog post published this week, DICE confirmed that it has its largest team ever for a Battlefield game, all working to prepare “a jaw-dropping experience”. The game is also quite far into development, with the team currently focussing on daily playtesting to squash bugs and balance weapons.

“We’re in daily playtesting mode right now: polishing, balancing, and making the best possible Battlefield game we can”, the post reads. “I can tell you it is a bold step. It has everything we love about Battlefield – and takes all of it to the next level. Epic scale. All-out military warfare. Crazy, unexpected moments. Game-changing destruction. Massive battles, packed with more players and mayhem than ever before. All brought to life with the power of next-gen consoles and PCs.” From the sounds of it, Battlefield may skip Xbox One and PS4 in order to take full advantage of the modern technology featured newer PCs and the Xbox Series X/S and PS5. At this point E3 is less than two months away, so we can expect a big EA Live event to truly showcase this game very soon.

Sounds like this will be another big Battlefield game winner for EA.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

126 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/24 02:55:04 (permalink)
    Normally Battlefield 6 games have been hampered by the slower power of consoles that it gets ported to. Since Battlefield 6 seems to be made for the much more powerful PS5 and Xbox Series X we could be seeing a lot more processing power used in this title then the past couple. Hopefully it's really able to show off just how amazing the new level of power is for those consoles and still focus on the features we PC gamers have enjoyed in the past like RTX support.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/24 05:12:07 (permalink)
    the last 2 were fairly trash, so I boycotted them.... Here's fingers crossed that they follow thru & deliver a greater experience this time

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/24 05:28:10 (permalink)
    I'm betting it will be more politically correct crap...per usual.

Pass again.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/24 10:15:26 (permalink)
    Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience of lies and false advertisement’ on PCDon't forget to read the small print,. It is bad i can't make it smaller

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    Nozler
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2043
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/24 11:34:42 (permalink)
    Aaaand still waiting to glean some kind of info on the anti cheat because the last one V was so bad I dropped it. Make known your anti cheat EA\DICE :/
    driam
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 160
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/24 14:47:44 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    I'm betting it will be more politically correct crap...per usual.
     Pass again.

That was one of the exact reasons I passed on 5 honestly. And also I heard it was a buggy mess. 

I hope 6 focuses on great combat mechanics and destructible environments (the last system of that provided great moments). Simple modern warfare easy to play with a ton of players. 

I miss strapping C4 for a vehicles and taking out tanks... 
    post edited by driam - 2021/04/24 14:48:58
    owcraftsman
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4754
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/24 16:20:44 (permalink)
    I play BFV every weekend just about and it's not bad but not good either. Still nothing compares in terms of destruction and vehicle mechanics.
    ditto @aka_Steve_b fingers crossed
    ditto @Nozler effective Anti Cheat is a must I feel ya.
    I'd also like to see a comeback for Battlelog and dedicated servers and the destruction of pay to rank up. Skins is one thing but not earning it is something else. 
    Oh, and spare me the Battle Royale if I want that I'll play fortnite

5800X3D | ROG Crosshair VIII Hero w/EK-Q-M-Full | Trident Z Neo 4x8 3600 C16 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra w/EK-QV2-ABP +150 CC/+1000 MC | LG 34GP83A-B UW-QHD/2-Asus PB278Q  | EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 | Corsair 1TB MP600 (OS) & 970 EVO 1TB M.2 (Games) | Custom Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | NexXxoS UT60 1080mm Nova | 2x D5 w/BP-2D5TOPPEX-BK | Win-10-pro 21H2  RIG PICS
    EVGA Affiliate Code GMER9XL4N
    driam
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/24 17:21:48 (permalink)
    owcraftsman
    I'd also like to see a comeback for Battlelog and dedicated servers

I used to host a ranked Battlefield server long time ago, tons of fun, nice to be able to change the map or game mode for a group of friends. And also get rid of trolls lol. 

owcraftsman
    Oh, and spare me the Battle Royale if I want that I'll play fortnite

I agree with you there. Keep the focus on the traditional Battlefield model and perfect it. 

Admittedly the other reason I did not get Battlefield V was because of my GPU. The game's graphics were crazy good, and I did not want to experience it on very low quality. The fact that Battlefield 6 will look better logically, makes me very excited! 
    Dendra
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 111
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/24 17:53:34 (permalink)
    driam
    I used to host a ranked Battlefield server long time ago, tons of fun, nice to be able to change the map or game mode for a group of friends. And also get rid of trolls lol. 

The golden days of gaming - just a group of friends chilling and having fun. Cheaters and other issues ruined so many fps games.
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/25 10:09:42 (permalink)
    Dendra
    driam

The golden days of gaming - just a group of friends chilling and having fun. Cheaters and other issues ruined so many fps games.

+1. I would come from work to play with my private friends Rainbow six multiplayer and then play BF Bad Company with EVGA members 1.5 years straight. BF bad company was so popular most EVGA staff would come into the servers to play, even Jacob and Agent Tiny would come for 30 minutes and leave.😆

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

sicksacrifice
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/25 11:53:30 (permalink)
    If only we had access to next gen cards...
    driam
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/25 15:37:19 (permalink)
    atfrico
    +1. I would come from work to play with my private friends Rainbow six multiplayer and then play BF Bad Company with EVGA members 1.5 years straight. BF bad company was so popular most EVGA staff would come into the servers to play, even Jacob and Agent Tiny would come for 30 minutes and leave.😆

That is epic! Did Jacob and Tiny kick butt on the battlefield?
    Would be awesome to play with people on this forum.

My old server was actually BF Bad company 2. 

Lets hope some of that will be revived, like server hosting, and good player base (admittedly I don't know what it is like now).

sicksacrifice
    If only we had access to next gen cards...

I think (at least hope) by the time the game is released many of us will have at least a decent GPU to play it. Hang in there friend!
    owcraftsman
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4754
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/25 18:24:26 (permalink)

I, aka Abishai, affectionately known as Abi had a blast with these guys and many others too. EVGA rented servers for us to play on and administrate.
    Two of our best players were former Admins here. Afterburner affectionately known as A B and Pureluck affectionately know as Pure via comm. It was a blast and the last time I truly loved gaming.

5800X3D | ROG Crosshair VIII Hero w/EK-Q-M-Full | Trident Z Neo 4x8 3600 C16 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra w/EK-QV2-ABP +150 CC/+1000 MC | LG 34GP83A-B UW-QHD/2-Asus PB278Q  | EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 | Corsair 1TB MP600 (OS) & 970 EVO 1TB M.2 (Games) | Custom Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | NexXxoS UT60 1080mm Nova | 2x D5 w/BP-2D5TOPPEX-BK | Win-10-pro 21H2  RIG PICS
    EVGA Affiliate Code GMER9XL4N
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/26 11:53:52 (permalink)
    driam
    atfrico

That is epic! Did Jacob and Tiny kick butt on the battlefield?
    Would be awesome to play with people on this forum.

My old server was actually BF Bad company 2. 

Lets hope some of that will be revived, like server hosting, and good player base (admittedly I don't know what it is like now).

I meant BF Bad Company 2. And yes the game was/still epic and having Jacob and Agent Tiny playing was a blast. Jacob was a great BFBC 2 player, didn't get the chance to play with Agent Tiny much, I would join in when he left 
    BFBC 2 became so competitive that the servers were constantly full for a year. 

owcraftsman

I, aka Abishai, affectionately known as Abi had a blast with these guys and many others too. EVGA rented servers for us to play on and administrate.
    Two of our best players were former Admins here. Afterburner affectionately known as A B and Pureluck affectionately know as Pure via comm. It was a blast and the last time I truly loved gaming.

Aw the memories😭, I miss all of the people in the list including you buddy.   I cherish the moments, that was the best multiplayer experience/time I'd ever had so far in a multiplayer game with y'all.
    I wonder if most in the list are still active members🤔

kobzik2
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/27 07:27:54 (permalink)
    Hopefully it's more like bf4. That was the best bf
    Tennessee88
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/27 13:19:37 (permalink)
    Just hope they allow squads to be larger than 4, especially if they are upping the player count. Or at least allow squads to form into Platoons so you can get all your buddies in the same game/team.
    Bluuhaku
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 105
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/27 14:23:04 (permalink)
    It'd be neat to have my attention back on Battlefield. I couldn't keep with it after Battlefield 1.
    Tennessee88
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/27 14:29:46 (permalink)
    Bluuhaku
    It'd be neat to have my attention back on Battlefield. I couldn't keep with it after Battlefield 1.

No kidding. 1 wasn't fantastic but it was certainly fun and held my attention longer than I thought. Just started playing 5 with my group for lazy gaming night... Unlike every BF before it I doubt we play it for more than 2 weeks off and on.

Wish they would bring back hardcore servers while they are at it.
    petercasburn
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/27 14:48:59 (permalink)
    5 Was my first foray into Battlefield, never bothered with it before, but with it included on Gamepass thought it was worth a shot. Enjoying it so far, but I'm only on the story playthrough at the the mo, not tried the multiplayer yet. 
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/27 14:53:20 (permalink)
    Bluuhaku

Hopefully we see more WW1 in the series since it was a nice change.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

phased-in
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 243
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/27 17:52:11 (permalink)
    It's all advertising until I see the product. Hated BF1 and didn't buy 5. If the new one resembles 3 and 4 I may enter the fray again.

10900k @5.1 | 3080ti FE | Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula | G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 32gb | 2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 | Noctua NH-D15S | Seasonic PX-850 | Cooler Master H500 with two extra NF-A14 fans on top | My Elite Referral code
    Ged325
    • Total Posts : 31
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/27 20:26:19 (permalink)
    Only played Battlefield 2142 - and mostly being a COD guy I'm wondering if Battlefield is affected by hackers the same way other FPS multiplayer games are?  Is there anti-cheat software in Battlefield?

Affiliate Code: OCGR4NUSOE

PartNumber           Date         Time                    Sent
    24G-P5-3987-KR   10/20/2020 2:18:39 PM  PT    3/17/2021 10:40 AM PT
    24G-P5-3975-KR   9/26/2020 11:09:42 PM  PT   11/11/2020 9:32:00 AM PT
    10G-P5-3897-KR   9/21/2020 11:25:56 AM  PT   4/27/2021 10:22:00 AM PT
    james0ne
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/28 09:44:22 (permalink)
    pretty excited for this, hopefully i'll have a new gen GPU by the time it comes out
    -jay-
    • Total Posts : 41
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/28 10:47:17 (permalink)
    I hope they just go epic with it, like 256 players on a server, full on squads and teams.
    NI_Erof
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/28 11:42:56 (permalink)
    EA Battlefield
    -The new battlefield will be "a jaw dropping experience"
    People
    -How?
    EA Battlefield
    -In Battlefield 6 you can choose from all the 74 genders to customize your character!
    rudyjoe
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 102
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/28 13:23:01 (permalink)
    Seeing this i miss Bad Company 

•  CORSAIR CASE
    • MSI 1080TI 
    • CORSAIR 850W
    • CORSAIR SCIMITAR
    • INTEL I9-9900K
    • CORSAIR 64 GB 
    • SAMSUNG 970EVO PLUS 1TB
    • X2 SAMSUNG 870 1TB 
    phased-in
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/28 15:34:12 (permalink)
    I really hope they have custom server support, as my favorite part of bf is actually the smaller size games. I love 32man rush, 16man squad modes. Arena fps games are so sparse nowadays (games like Tribes, Quake, UT, Diabotical). While bf isn't like those it provides a great gameplay loop of team-based game modes that I yearn for in an fps title. 
    post edited by phased-in - 2021/04/28 15:50:15

10900k @5.1 | 3080ti FE | Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula | G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 32gb | 2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 | Noctua NH-D15S | Seasonic PX-850 | Cooler Master H500 with two extra NF-A14 fans on top | My Elite Referral code
    SterisTheGreen
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 101
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/28 23:21:33 (permalink)
    I haven't gotten that 'wow this is really next gen' feeling in a while tbh. Advances seem more incremental now

Buying EVGA? Use this code at checkout for up to 10% off your purchase: ZT4D9972JE14HZW

Already bought EVGA? Register your product here: 

phased-in
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Battlefield 6 promises to be ‘a jaw-dropping experience’ on PC and next-gen consoles 2021/04/29 08:48:48 (permalink)
    SterisTheGreen
    I haven't gotten that 'wow this is really next gen' feeling in a while tbh. Advances seem more incremental now

Seems this is true. Something that may affect progress is the unavailability of high-end gpu's for the mass market. Developers aren't going to try to push hard on the graphics front when the majority of their potential player base still has a 1060. This incremental improvement is probably going to slow even further with the crypto bs.

Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile