EVGA

Backplate LED control? (1080ti FTW3 Hybrid + 3090 KP)

Author
rtnlsltn
  • Total Posts : 17
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/02/26 08:32:43 (permalink)
I used to use the "LED Sync" button to open up a control panel and change the LED color on my backplate. This doesn't seem to be working any longer, as the button is not able to be clicked. The LED is on, but White. Changing the colors in the LED tab in Precision only impacts the logo colors.

I did recently install a 3090 KP, so perhaps it can't 'sync' anymore. I formerly had 2 1080TI FTW3 Hybrids, but was able to use the LED Sync button with just 1 card.

7 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_MatthewC
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 128
    Re: Backplate LED control? (1080ti FTW3 Hybrid + 3090 KP) 2021/03/01 13:57:31 (permalink)
    Sorry your LED Sync isn't working. What version of Precision X1 are you using? I would suggest removing all your Precision X1 files and doing a fresh reinstall of the standalone program.
    RobertDrzewiecki
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Backplate LED control? (1080ti FTW3 Hybrid + 3090 KP) 2021/03/07 17:32:52 (permalink)
    Hello, My two 1080ti FTW3 cards and their LED Bacplate also stopped working a while ago. I have installed various versions of the PRECISION XOC software (after all, Precision X1 does not control the LED Bacplate on the 1080TI FTW3). Unfortunately, the LED backplate does not work on any of the cards with the various Precision X versions. It does not help to reset the motherboard (with the battery disconnected) and it does not help to reinstall the windos ... Just LED Bacplate 1080ti stopped working in two cards at the same time. What is the reason for this. May I have support on this. Does EVGA have backplates in led module for 1080TI FTW3? I want to replace the LED backlight on the bacplates with working ones.
    EVGATech_PeterN
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 144
    Re: Backplate LED control? (1080ti FTW3 Hybrid + 3090 KP) 2021/03/07 22:21:05 (permalink)
    Hi RobertDrzewiecki,

Please create a support ticket, to verify if we have the LED for a replacement.  Most likely not, however this is per US support.  Perhaps one of the LED connectors has become disconnected from the PCB.

https://eu.evga.com/support/support.asp

Most likely we cannot offer a replacement, but it does not hurt to ask.

Regards,
    Peter N

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link . 
    RobertDrzewiecki
    Re: Backplate LED control? (1080ti FTW3 Hybrid + 3090 KP) 2021/03/08 12:33:30 (permalink)
    It seems unbelievable but I have the same in card 1 and card 2. I have two 1080TI FTW3 cards and neither of them can turn on the LED Bacplate backlight anymore. As I wrote, I tested various versions of the software and recently even on a new PC with fresh Windows 10 with the version they had to work with.
    I have a question for users ... only honestly ... How much do these LEDs on the bacplate in the 1080ti FTW3 really last? . It seems to me that it is no coincidence that none of them works anymore ...
    EVGA, please advise me with which version of the Precision XOC software should work at 100%. If both are not broken, I assume that it is the software's fault. Probably one of the versions turned off these LEDs. And I still have a question. I have the newest and latest BIOS for FTW3 1080TI installed on both cards. Or is there a reason here?
    By the way, the Precision X1 does not have the LED Bacplate option for the FTW3 Pascal at all :-) And yet it is still one of the best graphics cards on the market ... taking into account the availability in the era of technological collapse ... :-)

post edited by RobertDrzewiecki - 2021/03/08 12:36:17
    EVGATech_PeterN
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 144
    Re: Backplate LED control? (1080ti FTW3 Hybrid + 3090 KP) 2021/03/08 13:39:15 (permalink)
    Hi RobertDrzewiecki,

Since PX1 is currently the updated software, you may still try verifying if Precision XOC can get the LED's working again.

https://www.evga.com/precisionxoc/

Regards,
    EVGA

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link . 
    RobertDrzewiecki
    Re: Backplate LED control? (1080ti FTW3 Hybrid + 3090 KP) 2021/03/08 14:29:57 (permalink)
    Well, no ... Precision X1 does not fully support Pascal cards. The 1080ti FTW3 has no Bacplate LED adjustment at all ... so info request why the latest firmware doesn't support this ??? There is no such option at all. Checking other versions in turn for two cards also has no effect.
    I am disappointed with the quality and refinement of the EVGA software and the durability of the product. I have been a user of EVGA cards for many years (I always used EVGA in the case of Nvidia) At the same time when I replaced my 3 TITANs with 6GB RAM. I also purchased an EVGA product and it was 2x GTX 1080ti FTW3. This year I was supposed to replace these cards with the RTX 3090 or 3080 series. I always replace every other generation. Of course, due to the current situation, the exchange is a bit pointless and totally unprofitable. Especially that the cards are only 20% of my use to play.
    I decided to take care of my EVGA. and the LEDs have just gone .. The latest software is not dedicated to my cards and in addition it turns out that one of the cards, despite not working hard at all, differs from the other by about 25%. Hmmm, tests and temperatures do not indicate a failure of one of the cards ... After all, these products are only after the warranty. This is not what it looked like in EVGA before. About 2 months before me, my friend also bought 2 1070TI STRIX for work. He has had no problems with his cards so far and he is not replacing them this year either. Cards work with the same culture and do not differ in performance in benchmarks and applications.
    But that's not important ... All in all, it can happen, but such a LED bacplate should be available without any problem. I do not hide that computers work in our studio and are also a kind of its decor. I currently have deficient products. despite the fact that they were not heavily exploited at all and are very well cared for. It's just probably not the same quality as it used to be.
    RobertDrzewiecki
    Re: Backplate LED control? (1080ti FTW3 Hybrid + 3090 KP) 2021/03/08 14:38:33 (permalink)

Of course, installing Precision XOC in the indicated version also does not change anything ... Yes, there is an option to select LED Backplate but this option does not turn on the LED in any of my tabs. Changing the color or mode also does not change anything ... In my opinion the LEDs are just exhausted. I saw on the forums that not only me is struggling with this problem. Many people are complaining about Bacplate in 1080ti FTW3 and fading backlight. EVGA didn't do anything about it. 1080TI FTW3 was a kind of flagship apart from TITAN, of course.
    post edited by RobertDrzewiecki - 2021/03/08 14:40:41
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile