EVGA

Helpful ReplyBEWARE IF YOU LIVE IN THE UK! AND YOU HAVE TO RMA YOUR CARD YOU WILL BE STUNG FOR THE VAT

Author
rickychanny
  • Total Posts : 29
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/09/12 22:31:28 (permalink)
hello evga community,

i feel i need to raise this issue to help people in the uk, who have to RMA a faulty card to EVGA for replacement i recently had to RMA my 3090 due to an on going issue with it, no problems sending it all went well....
until it came back through customs in the uk!!!! and this goes out to YOU EVGA as a company as it is an absolent disgrace, ok evga send you RMA item back with a PRO-FORMA invoice so you are not charged tax!!!! there is one massive problem with this!!! i bought my card from scan computers uk, and paid V.A.T on it already which is understandable, we all pay V.A.T my problem is becuase it was coming back into the uk there is a new customs law that ANY item coming into the uk, doesn't matter what it is, you will pay V.A.T ON IT so to my utter disgrace on a card i already paid V.A.T on already i was stung get ready for it people...... £289.44!!! nearly a £100 over the tax i paid when i bought the card and to make it worse this is all legal and above board and there is nothing you can do except say you very much customs UK!!!

so EVGA i now turn to you!!!! can you please open a service centre in the uk please were we can return our faulty cards??? for replacement!!! as having to pay vat twice on something i already paid vat on when i bought it is an absolent disgrace!!! and to make matters even worse the problem i was having with the card i sent back... the new card you sent me has the same frikin problem, so now I'm stuck with a faulty card, i cant send it back to you again, I'm a working man! and cant afford to pay out nearly £300 in vat again plus £40 postage so i ask please open a warehouse in the united kingdom were we the people who are in the uk can send our cards back to be replaced and not be stung with an eye watering amount of vat!!

you providing a pro-forma invoice no longer works, and the below pasted law has been written into the draconian uk laws to shaft us the working class people vat when they feel like it!!

post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/09/13 04:46:46

Attached Image(s)

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31004
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: BEWARE IF YOU LIVE IN THE UK! AND YOU HAVE TO RMA YOUR CARD YOU WILL BE STUNG FOR THE 2021/09/14 16:55:23 (permalink)
dang, right up there with a screen tax

time to write your House of Commons ... they might change that rule if enough individuals raise the issue

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Audioboxer
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 190
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: BEWARE IF YOU LIVE IN THE UK! AND YOU HAVE TO RMA YOUR CARD YOU WILL BE STUNG FOR THE 2021/09/15 04:58:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2021/09/15 19:09:41
Ricky I've told you multiple times now the VAT can be reclaimed, Parcelforce are just covering themselves. For anyone else reading this topic here is the response from the Border Force where another poster with this issue got a refund https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3454405

I'm still waiting for my response, it's clear timelines for getting a response are probably 3~5 weeks.

EVGA Europe need to fix their electronic submissions.
post edited by Audioboxer - 2021/09/15 05:00:05
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile