Audio Splitting/Multiple channels for output

Author
vgerik1234
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 301
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2021/02/28 17:42:06 (permalink)
Is it possible to split the audio from headphone and speakers? I would like to have music going over speakers and discord going over headset. If I use the front panel audio, it gives me a new channel to dedicate to because its a different device technically. However, I don't see a way with only using the back of the card.

6 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_AnthonyS
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 149
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Audio Splitting/Multiple channels for output 2021/03/01 10:46:11 (permalink)
    Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, the way our audio cards are built, the speakers and headphones are considered the same device so you would only be able to switch between them or play simultaneously. In order to do what you are describing you'd need to use the front of the case as a separate device for the headphones. Hope this helps!

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Audio Splitting/Multiple channels for output 2021/03/01 23:32:40 (permalink)
    vgerik1234
    Is it possible to split the audio from headphone and speakers? I would like to have music going over speakers and discord going over headset. If I use the front panel audio, it gives me a new channel to dedicate to because its a different device technically. However, I don't see a way with only using the back of the card.

I believe Anthony is correct here, but I'll be in the office next week and I'll give it a shot to try it out of the front panel.
    vgerik1234
    iCX Member
    Re: Audio Splitting/Multiple channels for output 2021/03/02 05:46:29 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply. My follow up question would be is there any major quality loss using the front panel connector on the card? I used to have the audio card setup like this, but had the speakers over front panel. When doing this my speakers were bottom tier garbage, so I didn't care about audio quality over front panel. Now I have some nice units on top of my nice headphones.  

post edited by vgerik1234 - 2021/03/02 05:48:43

EVGATech_AnthonyS
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 149
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Audio Splitting/Multiple channels for output 2021/03/02 06:10:19 (permalink)
    You shouldn't see any degradation of the audio quality. However, Lee should be able to double confirm this when he is in the office next week or you can try it and let us know!
    Hope this helps!

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Audio Splitting/Multiple channels for output 2021/03/02 09:07:37 (permalink)
    In theory, you shouldn't see a degradation of quality from the header itself.  The problem area becomes the relatively thin wires that most cases use to connect front panel headers.  These can introduce noise, static, or sometimes wiring issues that can cause power issues later on.  
    vgerik1234
    iCX Member
    Re: Audio Splitting/Multiple channels for output 2021/04/15 12:36:18 (permalink)
    I finally got around to setting it up like you said, and it doesn't allow independent channels. What it does is just deactivates the audio if "Back" is assigned or "Front" is for the headphones. What I am more asking is akin to how Realtek has an option in their software to be able to have each jack an independent audio device inside Windows. 

https://i.imgur.com/gqY7gW9.png

Is it possible to put this on the roadmap to have Nhilim be able to have Front and Back independent channels? Right now, its all or nothing at the sofware/windows level for "audio device"

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile