EVGA

Audio Equilizer for Nvidia card.

Author
Jignesh Pandya
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/02/10 10:08:19 (permalink)
I want to know that is there any audio equalizer for Nvidia Card? I have home theatre attached using HDMI cable to my GC. My home theatre have no bass controller. And I couldn't find any audio equalizer that works well.

9 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Audio Equilizer for Nvidia card. 2018/02/10 10:13:54 (permalink)
    Nvidia is great at graphics, not at audio.

Try using an optical cable from your motherboard to the receiver if possible.
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Audio Equilizer for Nvidia card. 2018/02/10 11:01:28 (permalink)
    Jignesh Pandya
    I want to know that is there any audio equalizer for Nvidia Card? I have home theatre attached using HDMI cable to my GC. My home theatre have no bass controller. And I couldn't find any audio equalizer that works well.

What model is your receiver? 
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Audio Equilizer for Nvidia card. 2018/02/10 12:29:00 (permalink)
    Moving thread to general hardware subsection.
    candle_86
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3677
    Re: Audio Equilizer for Nvidia card. 2018/02/20 10:33:17 (permalink)
    yea for sound output you can use the video cards audio in a pinch, but even your onboard sound has better quality
    Tweaked
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10630
    • Ribbons : 29
    Re: Audio Equilizer for Nvidia card. 2018/02/20 14:17:15 (permalink)
    I would like to offer a counterpoint to some of the statements in this thread. NVIDIA is neither good nor bad at audio. They do not "process" the audio. For that matter, they do not even decode the audio. They merely pass the audio along as 1's and 0's to the display or receiver which then decodes, and converts the digital information to analog. It is the decoding/converting device which imparts a sonic signature onto what you hear. So, for all intents and purposes, if you have an AV Receiver, by all means send the audio over the HDMI to the Receiver and let it do the heavy lifting so to speak.

EVGA DG-77/ EVGA 750 G2/ Gigabyte B450/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600/ 16gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/ RTX-2080 XC/ Dell S2716DG / Windows 11 64
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Audio Equilizer for Nvidia card. 2018/02/23 12:37:58 (permalink)
    Tweaked
    I would like to offer a counterpoint to some of the statements in this thread. NVIDIA is neither good nor bad at audio. They do not "process" the audio. For that matter, they do not even decode the audio. They merely pass the audio along as 1's and 0's to the display or receiver which then decodes, and converts the digital information to analog. It is the decoding/converting device which imparts a sonic signature onto what you hear. So, for all intents and purposes, if you have an AV Receiver, by all means send the audio over the HDMI to the Receiver and let it do the heavy lifting so to speak.

Honestly, when it comes to using a receiver, I preferred the HDMI pass-through on the card. Basically because it can run at 5.1/7.1 with 192Khz. If you send it through optical, you can not achieve that level of audio. 
    Tweaked
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10630
    • Ribbons : 29
    Re: Audio Equilizer for Nvidia card. 2018/02/23 13:37:37 (permalink)
    chrisdglong
    Tweaked

Honestly, when it comes to using a receiver, I preferred the HDMI pass-through on the card. Basically because it can run at 5.1/7.1 with 192Khz. If you send it through optical, you can not achieve that level of audio. 

That is an unfortunate limitation of the Optical standard. It is not a limit of the capabilities of the cable, it is an artificial limitation, but a limitation none the less. 

EVGA DG-77/ EVGA 750 G2/ Gigabyte B450/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600/ 16gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/ RTX-2080 XC/ Dell S2716DG / Windows 11 64
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Audio Equilizer for Nvidia card. 2018/02/23 13:45:25 (permalink)
    Tweaked
    chrisdglong
    Tweaked

That is an unfortunate limitation of the Optical standard. It is not a limit of the capabilities of the cable, it is an artificial limitation, but a limitation none the less. 

If you are running a high-end sound system, then the HDMI pass through works best for multi-channel setups. It would just be nice if they would allow only audio to be passed through and you didn't have to set it up as a separate desktop. When I had this setup, I had to use the displayport for my monitor (monitor only had displayport) and HDMI to the receiver. Both were setup as displays and Windows acted like there were two monitors. This is OK, but then the graphics card would not down clock. Of course, if you don't need displayport, you can just go from the video card to the receiver to the monitor and you should be OK. I was never able to test if that creates input lag though.  
    usa423
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 180
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Audio Equilizer for Nvidia card. 2018/03/13 11:30:46 (permalink)
    Jignesh Pandya

I'm pretty sure the Nvidia Control Panel has no audio equalizer option, however, you might be able to get Windows to some what do what you are wanting. You mention the home theater has no bass controller, so I'm assuming you either want to boost bass or lower. Boosting I can't help you with, but this might help you with lowering bass if that is what you are needing, and assuming you are given these options by Windows.

In this tutorial I will be using my Philips TV as the audio device, with a single 4K 60 hz hdmi going to my TV. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, but I imagine most other version will also work. I have tried to break this down to 6 steps, with an optional 7th step for more control.

*Note* - I was playing some songs on Youtube and the audio would stop whenever I changed things and I would need to refresh youtube or move the play slider back a bit.

*optional step*

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile