EVGA

Anyone had a Razer keyboard go bad on them?

Author
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 17
2018/09/08 14:08:24 (permalink)
I had the original Razer BlackWidow for like 3 years and the keys stopped working on it, (certain keys only) so to the trash bin it went, I bought a Razer BlackWidow X Chroma (RGB, Mechanical). It's been working perfectly, However It just recently had some keys stop working, So I tried it on my nephews computer same thing. I decided it was worth a shot to clean the keyboard and give it another try. Took EVERY key off, Wiped down the keyboard and I had the keys in a bag of soap and warm water,  rinsed them and I spread them over a towel and let them air dry for 3 whole days (Didn't want to take any chances).

I assembled it back and it worked perfectly! I was surprised... I went in to a game of R6 Siege and mid game the keyboard had a key get stuck, not physically though so I didn't know which one. I tried typing and slowly keys began "shutting off" until the keyboard wasn't working anymore. The lights were working, but the keys wouldn't do anything.

I'm wondering what the problem is? I can't remember exactly when I bought it, couldn't be more than a year.

I'm using my nephews Corsair Strafe right now that I liked so much, I ordered a Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Expensive, but the corsair quality really surprised me).

I'm honestly ready to ditch Razer. Looking into a new mouse and a new headset to replace my Razer. So apart from my first question, What mice do you recommend for FPS gaming? Macro keys would be preferred. As well which headset? I love my Razer 7.1 Tiamat, But it's broken and needs replacing already. I don't know if I want the new Razer Tiamat V2.

Any input/help would be highly appreciated, Thanks!

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

2 Replies Related Threads

6dracing
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1018
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Anyone had a Razer keyboard go bad on them? 2018/09/08 17:52:27 (permalink)
    I have all razer products.  So far so good.  my blackwidow chroma v2 is about 8 months old and working well. Hopefully it will stay that way.  Corsair was my second option.  Hope it works like a champ!
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Anyone had a Razer keyboard go bad on them? 2018/09/08 23:02:25 (permalink)
    I have the Corsair K70 RGB Lux version. It's been a nice keyboard, no issues with keys sticking/dying or RGB lights dying on it.

If you like a mid-size mouse, with 2 buttons and weighs under 90g. I would check out Logitech G403 Prodigy. It's $42.99 on Amazon. You can make macro's with Logitech Gaming Software. I recommend checking out RocketJumpNinja website for ideas on other mice to look at. If you buy the mouse online, be sure to buy from a retailer that will allow you to return it without charging a restocking fee. 

post edited by MSim - 2018/09/08 23:06:46

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile