EVGA

Anyone Still use the SR2? I could use some help

Author
Elliot M
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/02/13 13:31:18 (permalink)
I have a couple questions about overclocking on the Sr2. I want to preface with the fact that I am not only new to using the sr2 but fairy new overclocking in general so I apologize if I do something cringe worthy.

The problem I am having is that I can't get my bclk value to change, it is stuck at 155 and I can't figure out why. From what I have read online it my be related to my ram limitations but I wanted to check here before I change anything.

Some information that my help, I am currently running:
  • two of the x5690 at about 4.03Ghz (155x26) 1.300V
  • 48gb of ram (12x4gb) I believe it is all samsung but I may be wrong
  • I am air cooling

A side question I have is should I even worry about going higher on the OC? My temps are okay for now but would pushing the OC a little more make a significant change in temps?

If there is any additional info I should provide please let me know and I will try to post it as soon as I can. Thanks for the help!

2 Replies Related Threads

Robbanswe
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 338
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Anyone Still use the SR2? I could use some help 2018/02/14 11:45:52 (permalink)
     Hallo ! 
    here you can read a lot of overclocking the SR-2.
    scroll down to SR2 OC BIOS Template 

OC SR-2 u need Watercooling for cpus

2x EVGA SR-2 with X5690, 48/96GB RAM.
    1x intel Platinum 48core system with 9GPUS, 192GB ram all cpus\gpus watercooled 
    2x AMDThreadripper builds with 48GB ram,nvme raid.
    Intel 12900k,5xNVME raid, 3080,ddr5 

Elliot M
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Anyone Still use the SR2? I could use some help 2018/02/14 12:57:56 (permalink)
    Robbanswe
     Hallo ! 
    here you can read a lot of overclocking the SR-2.
    scroll down to  

OC SR-2 u need Watercooling for cpus

Thanks! That is a big help.

A few hours after making this post I figured out what one of my problems was, I accidentally had the Dummy OC setting enabled, which is embarrassing and ironic haha. I am still bad at ocing but that post you sent will be a big help even without the first images working thank you for sharing that.

I would love to do something with glass tubing to watercool this system but I will have to save some more pennies before I do that, for now the two noctua coolers I am using do a decent job
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile