EVGA

Another update in the life of the Stats Pimp!

Author
drougnor
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2715
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 18
2019/11/21 21:20:51 (permalink)
It's been a while since I've given these updates, so I wanted to let you all know what was up with the Pimp!

Sad news is that I'm still unemployed but hunting. There's been some shift in the area that I'm in that means my phone calls and contacts dried up, but I'm about to rejigger my resume and listings in the main sites to see if I can kick my way through the algorithms.  It's just staying one step ahead of what HR wants, and, as you know, that's always changing.  And, this is a young persons game, and I'm not all that springy in the step anymore.

Good news is the family is doing good and holding strong.  My trans daughter goes to see her doc for future transition therapy on next Tuesday, finally . . . We TRIED to get this set up in July, but the back office dropped the ball in reaching out to us - BUT the referral is good until x-mas, so we're still making it under the line.

Back to the bad - We're so tight on finances lately that it is just insane.  The missus is a writer and has been holding us BARELY above water with her writing and Ko-Fi in the mean time . . . Just frustrating that I haven't been able to help as directly as I have in the past.

On that note, tho, if you want to help?  I am putting my personal Paypal up because I know sometimes the wonderful people here want to simply give - (Link removed by EVGATech_AdamB - Please PM drougnor directly if you would like to donate.)

Beyond the bad, I'm gearing up to provide the next round of stats for the upcoming folding contest that Troy8d is putting together, so if you REALLY want to make me a happy folder and camper? As soon as the sign up appears, get in there. I want as many people as we can manage folding for this coming Time Zone Challenge!  Seriously! I want my stats system PUSHED to it's limits so I HAVE to learn something new to expand it's capabilities as SOON as I can to keep things running. THAT is my biggest challenge to you guys!

d

::Edit to the edits:: My apologies to EVGA for overstepping with the direct links.  In the future I will simply be asking anyone who wants to help to reach out to me, with a simple statement about what the avenues we have available. You'll be able to PM me for the details after that.  Thank you all for your consideration and generosity you've shown over the years to me and to everyone else who has come with need for help.  You are all amazing, as is EVGA for providing us this home!
post edited by drougnor - 2019/11/25 15:23:20

4 Replies Related Threads

Drazhar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2370
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Another update in the life of the Stats Pimp! 2019/11/21 21:37:09 (permalink)
    A: It's awesome to see another update from you, even if it's not all good news.

B: That's awesome for your daughter and I'm very happy that you're able to get her in

C: I'll be taking a peek at the links after I've slept.

Keep on truckin good man!

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Another update in the life of the Stats Pimp! 2019/11/22 11:34:42 (permalink)
    you got PM

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

drougnor
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2715
    • Ribbons : 18
    Re: Another update in the life of the Stats Pimp! 2019/11/22 18:29:32 (permalink)
    And what a PM it was! Thank you, good sir!!  The new drive will be in tomorrow and I'll be installing it shortly after it arrives and integrating it into the system.

tank1023
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5366
    • Ribbons : 16
    Re: Another update in the life of the Stats Pimp! 2019/11/24 08:01:59 (permalink)
    Have you looked at Oracle? my wife is a software engineer for them and I know they are always hiring. I also know one of their offices are in Florida.

Folding whatever I can :o)     
    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67403

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile