EVGA

Another instance of Precision XOC breaking stuff!

Author
D3SOL4TE
  • Total Posts : 50
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/09/24 05:13:40 (permalink)
Just for some context I recently downloaded the original Tomb Raider from Steam, previously tried GOG version also and then installed 'Automated Fix' in order to run the game at a higher resolution ect.

An option with the Automated Fix installer is to use the higher quality PlayStation 1 FMV apposed to the original PC ones, but whenever using the higher quality PlayStation versions I would get terrible judder during the title sequence/cutscenes and I had no idea why. I spent hours searching online for anyone else who had reported having a similar issue as well as asking on numerous forums to no avail!

So after doing a complete clean install of windows and a process of elimination I found Precision XOC to be the culprit but even after removing Precision XOC with Revo Uninstaller Pro the issue persists so I had to do another clean install of windows in order to rectify whatever it is that Precision XOC did.

So I don't suppose anyone knows what it is that Precision XOC is doing to cause this problem? The fact that the issue persists even after Precision XOC is uninstalled is a little disconcerting.

Edit. Not allowed to include links. 
post edited by D3SOL4TE - 2018/09/24 05:24:54

Intel Core i7 8700K
G.Skill Trident Z 16GB
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
Samsung 970 EVO 250GB (Boot Drive)
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Seagate FireCuda 3.5" SSHD 2TB

8 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Another instance of Precision XOC breaking sh*t! 2018/09/24 05:22:57 (permalink)
    May want to edit your title and remove the vulgar language.
    D3SOL4TE
    Re: Another instance of Precision XOC breaking sh*t! 2018/09/24 05:30:03 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one

Sorry, I did blank out a letter for that reason. It was meant to be somewhat tongue in cheek but it shan't happen again.

Intel Core i7 8700K
    G.Skill Trident Z 16GB
    ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Another instance of Precision XOC breaking sh*t! 2018/09/24 05:47:41 (permalink)
    Yeah, even with it blanked it is against the Terms or Service so a mod would have to edit it.

Which version of precision was it that caused the issue?
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Another instance of Precision XOC breaking shuff! 2018/09/24 06:19:34 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one

That there's a Great Title if I do say so myself

D3SOL4TE
    Sorry, I did blank out a letter for that reason. It was meant to be somewhat tongue in cheek but it shan't happen again.

EVGA Forums Terms of Use 
    Forum Etiquette 

Members are expected to treat each other with respect, and be courteous of each other's opinions and advice, regardless of his or her relative experience. Although lively discussion is encouraged among members, there are seven things that will not be tolerated: 
    • Inappropriate Language - The EVGA forums are family-friendly.  Many members have children who also view these forums, and these forums are intended to be accommodating to them, as well.  Profanity is not permitted in pictures or posts on the forums and will earn a warning if posted. Discussion of bodily functions, whether vulgar or humorous, is inappropriate for these forums.  Moreover, using acronyms or censoring the word by use of characters to mask profanity or other inappropriate language will not be tolerated.  This applies to text, pictures, videos, or any external links contained in a post.  Finally, users whose usernames containing inappropriate language or references to illegal activity will be given a chance to change their username, or it will be changed for them.
    Back to your issue;
    What Version are you running or was running?
    After you uninstalled PXOC did you Delete the Folders on your Drive and Clean/Clear out the Registry?
    Also delete this Key WinRing#_#_#_# from the Registry as well it is part of the LED Sync
    You can post Links with 11 or more Posts. You can also leave off the http:// or https:// from the link and post.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2018/09/24 06:34:20

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

D3SOL4TE
    Re: Another instance of Precision XOC breaking shuff! 2018/09/24 06:31:07 (permalink)
    Apologi
    bcavnaugh
    the_Scarlet_one

That there's a Great Title if I do say so myself

D3SOL4TE

EVGA Forums Terms of Use 
    Forum Etiquette 

Members are expected to treat each other with respect, and be courteous of each other's opinions and advice, regardless of his or her relative experience. Although lively discussion is encouraged among members, there are seven things that will not be tolerated: 
    • Inappropriate Language - The EVGA forums are family-friendly.  Many members have children who also view these forums, and these forums are intended to be accommodating to them, as well.  Profanity is not permitted in pictures or posts on the forums and will earn a warning if posted. Discussion of bodily functions, whether vulgar or humorous, is inappropriate for these forums.  Moreover, using acronyms or censoring the word by use of characters to mask profanity or other inappropriate language will not be tolerated.  This applies to text, pictures, videos, or any external links contained in a post.  Finally, users whose usernames containing inappropriate language or references to illegal activity will be given a chance to change their username, or it will be changed for them.
    Back to your issue;
    What Version are you running or was running?
    After you uninstalled PXOC did you Delete the Folders on your Drive and Clean/Clear out the Registry?

Apologies for the original title, it was meant in jest since if I didn't laugh I'd cry given the amount of time and frustration involved in just getting to this stage. That said it wont happen again.

In regards to the issue it was the latest version of XOC and yes I deleted any folders/registry entries discovered using the advanced scan option of Revo.
    post edited by D3SOL4TE - 2018/09/24 06:36:00

Intel Core i7 8700K
    G.Skill Trident Z 16GB
    ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Another instance of Precision XOC breaking shuff! 2018/09/24 10:55:05 (permalink)
    Looks like you have 1080 ti sc black edition. You don't need to use precision xoc for that card. You can just use msi afterburner which is much more stable than precision xoc.
    D3SOL4TE
    Re: Another instance of Precision XOC breaking shuff! 2018/09/25 02:36:40 (permalink)
    Sajin
    Looks like you have 1080 ti sc black edition. You don't need to use precision xoc for that card. You can just use msi afterburner which is much more stable than precision xoc.

Yeah I know, I was only really using it in order to limit my frame rate due to having a g-sync display and it was easier to setup for just that purpose than MSI Afterburner/Riva Tuner. Plus I though the input delay caused from limiting the fps might be less with XOC.

I'd still be interested to know why XOC was causing the issue it was though.

P.S. Since I'm able to post links now here's a short clip of the judder caused by XOC for anyone who's interested.

https://youtu.be/FAF9n5raYEA
    post edited by D3SOL4TE - 2018/09/25 02:40:33

Intel Core i7 8700K
    G.Skill Trident Z 16GB
    ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
    Naifu
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Another instance of Precision XOC breaking shuff! 2018/09/28 23:41:18 (permalink)
    One thing that remains active after you uninstall XOC is the "Framerate Target" setting. It can cause some applications like "Unreal Engine" to perform poorly as the graphics card isn't at maximum gpu clock. I highly recommend not to use this setting.
    As I've mentioned, it remains active after XOC uninstall/restart/driver reinstall.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile