EVGA

And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;(

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
farmer_ta
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/03/22 19:29:37 (permalink)
The FTW3 boards are just poorly designed. It has nothing to do with the quality of your PSU and even if PSUs were at fault it is still bad engineering on EVGAs part. What's stopping a user from running there system with a 450w no name PSU ? EVGA hardware engineers need to account for this and if there boards can be damaged by a weak PSU, well that means its a garbage design simple as that ! Putting that aside my FTW3 3090 ran perfect for two months with a Corsair AX1000, when it died I went back to Canada Computers for in store warranty, the clerk told me "yep we already have had 3 come back these EVGAs all have the same problem with the red light on the third PCIE". I didn't ask the clerk out of how many, but that was definitely raising flags. They gave me an Aorus Xtreme to replace it and I've been using it for 2 months now no problems. 
oldjsteinhauer
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/03/22 21:34:08 (permalink)
This is my saga as of tonight.

Bought my 3090 FTW3 Ultra in late November.  I used it in my existing PC at the time, and it worked without any problems until this new build.  That PC has a Z370 Asus Prime board (not Z390 that I claimed earlier) with a 8700k and a EVGA T2 1600W PSU.  I build the new PC using a EVGA T2 850W PSU I already had on hand.  I acquired a Aorus Ultra X570 board when I bought a Ryzen 7 5800X.  I could name all the other parts, but these are the important ones.  I moved the 3090 to the new PC, and with the 850W PSU I got only a black screen.  I moved the other PC next to the new one, ran VGA power from that PSU, and it seemed to run okay; everything looked normal. 

So I concluded I needed more juice and acquired an Antec Signature 1000W Titanium PSU and installed it.  No more black screen, but most of the time the PC would start up with integrated graphics and while the lights and fans would turn on, the 3090 GPU would not power up.  If I attempted to restart a bunch of times, it would occasionally power up and the PC could run all day, run benchmarks, play games, whatever, but restart it, and you would be back to integrated graphics and restart roulette.  When it was running well, there were initially some AV issues while streaming video, but this seemed to go away disabling Nvidia HD audio.  I use audio over SPDIF or USB, so I did not care about that. 

Now frustrated, in disbelief that it was still a PSU issue with 1000W, I removed the 1600W PSU from the other box, set it up outside the new box and powered all of the components from that PSU, and it behaved exactly the same as the 1000W.  I monkeyed with some BIOS and Windows power management and Nvidia power management settings, and there may or may not have been an improvement.

Just to keep from going insane, I took the 3090 back out of the new PC tonight, installed it in the old one with the original 850W T2 PSU, and it worked just fine with the Z370 board.

So I still have a few days to return this motherboard, and I will.  It may be this one board is bad or something unique to Aorus boards.  It may be the X570 boards are problematic, or it may be that the 5800X is problematic.  It seems like some form of incompatibility.  I don't know, but I can still return this motherboard and try a different one, so I will.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.  It's not the damn PSU.  Thank you for listening.

PS I will add that a 2080Ti works on the Aorus board with all three PSUs.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/03/22 23:01:14 (permalink)
I am starting to believe that the new boards x570/490 are having problems in configuring the right voltage or PCI lanes for the 300 series GPUs.😼
Some are having issues with PSUs while others have caps issues and others don't which brings me to think bios configuration might be the culprit?đŸ€”

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
ayabe
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/03/23 04:13:40 (permalink)
If there was any merit in the PSU argument I think some of the bigger suppliers would have already introduced new models addressing whatever the issue is and shoved their marketing into overdrive to drive sales to 3000 series owners. Not to mention the months of lead time they had with testing to make sure that entirely new PSU's weren't needed for this generation of cards. If there was even a sliver of doubt that these companies think they could have used as leverage to get people to shell out for new PSU's there would have been a rash of new models and that hasn't happened. Reading some of the posts in that PSU thread just makes me sad -guys with 1000w top tier PSU's convincing themselves they need a 12-1300 watt instead.

Stop the insanity.
zig11727
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/03/23 04:26:02 (permalink)
oldjsteinhauer
This is my saga as of tonight.

Bought my 3090 FTW3 Ultra in late November.  I used it in my existing PC at the time, and it worked without any problems until this new build.  That PC has a Z370 Asus Prime board (not Z390 that I claimed earlier) with a 8700k and a EVGA T2 1600W PSU.  I build the new PC using a EVGA T2 850W PSU I already had on hand.  I acquired a Aorus Ultra X570 board when I bought a Ryzen 7 5800X.  I could name all the other parts, but these are the important ones.  I moved the 3090 to the new PC, and with the 850W PSU I got only a black screen.  I moved the other PC next to the new one, ran VGA power from that PSU, and it seemed to run okay; everything looked normal. 

So I concluded I needed more juice and acquired an Antec Signature 1000W Titanium PSU and installed it.  No more black screen, but most of the time the PC would start up with integrated graphics and while the lights and fans would turn on, the 3090 GPU would not power up.  If I attempted to restart a bunch of times, it would occasionally power up and the PC could run all day, run benchmarks, play games, whatever, but restart it, and you would be back to integrated graphics and restart roulette.  When it was running well, there were initially some AV issues while streaming video, but this seemed to go away disabling Nvidia HD audio.  I use audio over SPDIF or USB, so I did not care about that. 

Now frustrated, in disbelief that it was still a PSU issue with 1000W, I removed the 1600W PSU from the other box, set it up outside the new box and powered all of the components from that PSU, and it behaved exactly the same as the 1000W.  I monkeyed with some BIOS and Windows power management and Nvidia power management settings, and there may or may not have been an improvement.

Just to keep from going insane, I took the 3090 back out of the new PC tonight, installed it in the old one with the original 850W T2 PSU, and it worked just fine with the Z370 board.

So I still have a few days to return this motherboard, and I will.  It may be this one board is bad or something unique to Aorus boards.  It may be the X570 boards are problematic, or it may be that the 5800X is problematic.  It seems like some form of incompatibility.  I don't know, but I can still return this motherboard and try a different one, so I will.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.  It's not the damn PSU.  Thank you for listening.

PS I will add that a 2080Ti works on the Aorus board with all three PSUs.

To make you more crazy I own Aorus X570 WiFi pro with originally had a Ryzen 9 3900x last month I replaced the processor with a Ryzen 7 5800x and my power supply is a Cosair 1050 HX. I don't have the black screen problem and I been using 3090 FTW3 Ultra since November.

My bios is F33f (beta)
post edited by zig11727 - 2021/03/23 04:36:22
oldjsteinhauer
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/03/26 00:23:16 (permalink)
I can't quote my own post, unfortunately.  But with a new motherboard, the PC starts up as expected, at least several times in a row, before calling it a day and night.  Also unfortunately, I can't be 100% certain of the bad variable.  I received a new MB today, Asrock Taichi X570 (Razer Edition of all things, for the three hyper M.2 slots).  Got it all rebuilt, started first with the 2080Ti, because the 3090 was still in the other box.  Seemed good at first, then replace the 2080Ti with the 3090, and after the first reboot with the 3090, I had no signs that the 3090 was still alive some black screens and audio crackling with the speakers turned on.  Had some frustrations trying to update drivers and BIOS and rage quit.  Went downstairs, lifted some weights, used the treadmill.  De-stressed now, I took the PCI riser and vertical mount off and direct slotted the 3090.  Still nothing.  Found the correct BIOS, flashed them, then the chipset drivers and I was going to be able sleep without rage, because it fired up, 3090 was running and the display was not flashing.  Turned off, connected the second display and restarted.  All good.  Restarted a few more times for grins, and everything looks okay.  Unfortunately, I don't know if my problem was the extension connector for the vertical riser.  I will have to sort that out, because without the vertical mount, my GPU won't fit with the radiator in the normal position.  I can probably come up with a 90 degree bracket for the radiator, maybe get it cerakoted to match the rest of the chassis and modify the coolant tubing, and make it all work and still look good, but it will be a lot of work.  It looks ridiculous now, with the radiator half sticking out the top, held on by two screws, and the power supply just sitting out on the bench (end table).

In the end, it's not the power supply.  And I've had my fair share of black screens and fear the 3090 was fried.  The ability to stick it into another PC to verify it was still alive is all that kept me going.  I can't imagine the outrage had I RMA'd the thing prematurely only to have the same problems over and over.
post edited by oldjsteinhauer - 2021/03/26 00:27:27
Digital_Fuzion
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 630
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/03/26 08:36:59 (permalink)
I'm still on my first Asus Strix 3090 OC. No QC here. Plus the design is of better quality. It is my first Asus card in 15 years. 
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1289
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/03/26 10:54:56 (permalink)
Digital_Fuzion
I'm still on my first Asus Strix 3090 OC. No QC here. Plus the design is of better quality. It is my first Asus card in 15 years. 

Strix 3090 its by far the best card to date, no doubt.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/03/27 12:49:03 (permalink)
oldjsteinhauer
I can't quote my own post, unfortunately.  But with a new motherboard, the PC starts up as expected, at least several times in a row, before calling it a day and night.  Also unfortunately, I can't be 100% certain of the bad variable.  I received a new MB today, Asrock Taichi X570 (Razer Edition of all things, for the three hyper M.2 slots).  Got it all rebuilt, started first with the 2080Ti, because the 3090 was still in the other box.  Seemed good at first, then replace the 2080Ti with the 3090, and after the first reboot with the 3090, I had no signs that the 3090 was still alive some black screens and audio crackling with the speakers turned on.  Had some frustrations trying to update drivers and BIOS and rage quit.  Went downstairs, lifted some weights, used the treadmill.  De-stressed now, I took the PCI riser and vertical mount off and direct slotted the 3090.  Still nothing.  Found the correct BIOS, flashed them, then the chipset drivers and I was going to be able sleep without rage, because it fired up, 3090 was running and the display was not flashing.  Turned off, connected the second display and restarted.  All good.  Restarted a few more times for grins, and everything looks okay.  Unfortunately, I don't know if my problem was the extension connector for the vertical riser.  I will have to sort that out, because without the vertical mount, my GPU won't fit with the radiator in the normal position.  I can probably come up with a 90 degree bracket for the radiator, maybe get it cerakoted to match the rest of the chassis and modify the coolant tubing, and make it all work and still look good, but it will be a lot of work.  It looks ridiculous now, with the radiator half sticking out the top, held on by two screws, and the power supply just sitting out on the bench (end table).

In the end, it's not the power supply.  And I've had my fair share of black screens and fear the 3090 was fried.  The ability to stick it into another PC to verify it was still alive is all that kept me going.  I can't imagine the outrage had I RMA'd the thing prematurely only to have the same problems over and over.

Thank you for sharing. At least you put the effort to trouble shoot the problem before RMAđŸ˜ŒđŸ‘

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

zig11727
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/03/27 14:28:43 (permalink)
atfrico
oldjsteinhauer

Thank you for sharing. At least you put the effort to trouble shoot the problem before RMAđŸ˜ŒđŸ‘

I never had any luck with extension connector for vertical riser and I used a few.
Glad it's working and now go enjoy it,
Digital_Fuzion
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 630
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/03/27 21:20:35 (permalink)
AWK16
Digital_Fuzion

Yes, better QC and far better components than EVGA. That is why I made the switch. I can't wait to see how resizable-bar with solid WHQL NVIDIA driver performs. The only thing I will buy EVGA in the future. Is their motherboards and maybe their cases. I'm very surprised EVGA has such a high failure rate with their flagship cards. I still like to be apart of the forum. There are some good people on here.
EVGATech_AdamB
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1930
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/03/29 15:43:48 (permalink)
Hello oldjsteinhauer! I wanted to let you know I sent you an e-mail to see if we could offer any further troubleshooting or if you had any questions.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/03/30 12:31:24 (permalink)
EVGATech_AdamB
Hello oldjsteinhauer! I wanted to let you know I sent you an e-mail to see if we could offer any further troubleshooting or if you had any questions.

May I suggest creating a sticky thread to those who had issues with their 3000 series GPUs? This will encourage members and new members to post their issues faster.

tobincake1471
  • Total Posts : 60
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/04/04 08:19:18 (permalink)
And another one gone...

FTW3 Ultra purchased in October from Newegg, had the hybrid kit installed since December, ran perfectly for months then *poof*.  Video cut out during Alyx -> red LED of death on PCIE connector #1.  I was *just* about to email [link=mailto:3090oc@evga.com,]3090oc@evga.com[/link], too.

People in the XOC thread have mentioned a new pcb revision in replacement units for the 3090oc RMA program - does anyone know if "normal" RMAs are replaced with the newer designs?  I don't have high hopes, but it seems like they shouldn't be sending out the "old" design for RMA replacements if there are issues serious enough to warrant a hardware revision.  Nobody wants to go through this every few months while the original ones cycle out.  (I'm not sure if the failure rate on the new rev is any better/worse)

I really wish they would be more forthcoming with these issues, which seem to be fairly widespread for the FTW3's.  I really don't want to lose faith in EVGA but I was already pretty concerned even before mine died :\
EthanBurke
  • Total Posts : 65
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/04/04 09:42:38 (permalink)
AWK16
Tyehn22

It would be nice for you list your system specs and what resolution you play the game at and game settings. I too play 3 older games than you with Skyrim, DA2 and DA:O but I play them at 4k and I override all of the game settings in the NVIDIA control panel with max setting as much as possible. I have had my eVga 3090 FTW3 Ultra for over 4 and half months now and well 1000+ hours in gaming and at least 75+ 3Dmark benchmarks and I also use it for folding at home also when I go to work and when I sleep. I went from a air cooled card to a hybrid card and now watercooling it.

i9 9900KS
Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390
EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid (Push/Pull 4X 120mm)
64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo GTZNC
NZXT Kraken Z73 Watercooler 360mm (Push/Pull 6X 120mm)
13X Corsair QL140/120
Be Quiet! Dark Power 12 1500W PSU
Lian Li PC011D XL ROG
Samsung Odyssey G9 5120X1440 
Samsung 970 NVMe 1TB
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme on all waterblocks

Temps
-------
CPU: Idle 22-25* Load 60-65*
GPU: Idle 19-22* Load 49-57*

My first 3090 died playing Halo MCC, and the second playing Alien Isolation. Both died within seconds of starting a new game and the system being mostly idle before playing. First 3090 lasted from October through December, second from December until last week. 

It’s too bad. I said several months ago to those that were bragging about their cards working perfectly fine that just a matter of time and It might even take months, but getting EVGA FTW is absolutely wasting of $. Spending $1500-$3000 on a card that will die before even warranty expires is very sad and could even become depressing due to investing all that money just to see it next to go south.

I would say to those owning FTW...sell them when you still can and get different brand, save yourself $, but most of all your nerves

Does this mean that all evga 3090 ftw or hybrid models are factory defective?
Bruno747
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3909
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/04/04 10:43:25 (permalink)
EthanBurke

For many of us, the answer is simply yes, some are more fragile than others, but ALL are defective at a hardware level.

Those of us will continue to believe this until EVGA does the right thing and addresses the problem publicly and honestly with a genuine plan to address the issue permanently for ALL owners. That said I have zero faith evga will do that anymore, they are too busy trying to keep quite and ignore it while simultaneously admitting its an issue by directing CS reps to just instantly approve an RMA as soon as red light is heard or read without any troubleshooting.

Still trying to snag a FE card from best buy so I can sell this FTW3.

X399 Designare EX, Threadripper 1950x, Overkill Water 560mm dual pass radiator. Heatkiller IV Block Dual 960 EVO 500gb Raid 0 bootable, Quad Channel 64gb DDR4 @ 2933/15-16-16-31, RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair RM850x, Tower 900
EthanBurke
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/04/05 10:07:54 (permalink)
In other words, my RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA Hybrid is going to break down ... I hope the evga signature in Europe is good, I have paid a lot for this card and that outside this brand it was very important to me. 
Maybe if my graphics card has not broken it is because I play at 1080p and 60fps. But I imagine that when I play on my future 4k TV it will break down.

Has anyone had a rma in europe?[/code]
post edited by EthanBurke - 2021/04/05 10:18:57
undecided65
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 150
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/04/05 10:45:55 (permalink)
Bruno747
EthanBurke

For many of us, the answer is simply yes, some are more fragile than others, but ALL are defective at a hardware level.

Those of us will continue to believe this until EVGA does the right thing and addresses the problem publicly and honestly with a genuine plan to address the issue permanently for ALL owners. That said I have zero faith evga will do that anymore, they are too busy trying to keep quite and ignore it while simultaneously admitting its an issue by directing CS reps to just instantly approve an RMA as soon as red light is heard or read without any troubleshooting.

So, although the FEs seems solid and not prone to dying, keep in mind that they have significant coil whine. I have no idea how much coil whine the FTW3 cards have but from their spec they seem to have more power stages than the FE cards.
TheDoctorCMG
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 345
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/04/05 11:06:26 (permalink)
undecided65
Bruno747
EthanBurke

So, although the FEs seems solid and not prone to dying, keep in mind that they have significant coil whine. I have no idea how much coil whine the FTW3 cards have but from their spec they seem to have more power stages than the FE cards.

The coil whine on the FE is definitely real but the cooler design imo is the best looking out of the bunch. The FTW3 did improve a little once they changed the trim to black at least.

CPU: I7 7820x @ 4.7ghz
Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Pro x299
Mem: Corsair Vengeance LP 3000mhz
PSU: EVGA 850 Supernova G3
GPU: FE Nvidia RTX 3090
Case: Corsair 5000d Airflow
CPU Cooler: EKWB AIO 360 Elite
EthanBurke
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/04/05 12:00:01 (permalink)
[quote = slaywhitey1326]
[quote = undecided65]
[quote = Bruno747]
[cita = EthanBurke]
[cĂłdigo] ÂżSignifica esto que todos los modelos evga 3090 ftw o hĂ­bridos tienen defectos de fĂĄbrica? [/ cĂłdigo]
[/ presupuesto]

Para muchos de nosotros, la respuesta es simplemente sĂ­, algunos son mĂĄs frĂĄgiles que otros, pero TODOS son defectuosos a nivel de hardware.

[/ quote]
El silbido de la bobina en el FE es definitivamente real, pero el diseño mås fresco en mi opinión es el que mejor se ve del grupo. El FTW3 mejoró un poco una vez que cambiaron el borde a negro al menos.

[/cita]

He tenido un híbrido evga 2080ti. Esto funcionó muy bien. Es cierto que la bomba de agua hacía ruido pero pude solucionarlo con un tutorial que estaba en youtube.Lo vendí hace unos meses para comprar el evga 3090.Pero la evga 2080ti es la mejor tarjeta gråfica que he tenido, funcionó muy bien durante varios años, nunca dio un problema.
pakyejun
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/04/05 12:11:46 (permalink)
Dang people send back their 3090s just to get another refurbished one LOL rip... still looks like i wont be able to cop one.
EthanBurke
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/04/05 12:26:35 (permalink)
[cita = pakyejun]
Maldita sea, la gente devuelve sus 3090 solo para obtener otro LOL Rip restaurado ... todavía parece que no podré copiar uno.

[/cita]

But are we sure that all evga 3090 models are defective ???
Bruno747
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3909
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/04/05 12:45:50 (permalink)
EthanBurke
[cita = pakyejun]
Maldita sea, la gente devuelve sus 3090 solo para obtener otro LOL Rip restaurado ... todavía parece que no podré copiar uno.

[/cita]

Seems to be only the FTW3 cards and those based on the same board (Hydro copper and Hybrid).

To answer the guy above, yes several have failed in europe with the same method of failure. There have been multiple posts from overseas with people frustrated at RMA shipping costs, esepcially the couple that had to do so multiple times.

As for FE coil whine, m FTW3 is audible, my 1080ti is audible. I can deal with coil whine, Ill just turn things up more if it bugs me. when I play with friends I have a headset on anyway. Id rather have coil whine than a card that I dont feel comfortable playing older games on.

X399 Designare EX, Threadripper 1950x, Overkill Water 560mm dual pass radiator. Heatkiller IV Block Dual 960 EVO 500gb Raid 0 bootable, Quad Channel 64gb DDR4 @ 2933/15-16-16-31, RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair RM850x, Tower 900
undecided65
Superclocked Member
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/04/06 10:28:32 (permalink)
slaywhitey1326
undecided65
Bruno747
EthanBurke

The coil whine on the FE is definitely real but the cooler design imo is the best looking out of the bunch. The FTW3 did improve a little once they changed the trim to black at least.

I was so sad to let it go. Beautiful card but buzzing is not something I am willing to put up with especially with the price I paid.
undecided65
Superclocked Member
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/04/06 10:29:38 (permalink)
AWK16
Digital_Fuzion

Don't they also have assembly issues that cause coil whine? At least from the posts I've seen, their pasting is sub-par.
undecided65
Superclocked Member
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/04/06 10:31:30 (permalink)
Bruno747
EthanBurke
[cita = pakyejun]

[/cita]

Seems to be only the FTW3 cards and those based on the same board (Hydro copper and Hybrid).

To answer the guy above, yes several have failed in europe with the same method of failure. There have been multiple posts from overseas with people frustrated at RMA shipping costs, esepcially the couple that had to do so multiple times.

As for FE coil whine, m FTW3 is audible, my 1080ti is audible. I can deal with coil whine, Ill just turn things up more if it bugs me. when I play with friends I have a headset on anyway. Id rather have coil whine than a card that I dont feel comfortable playing older games on.

The FEs are more than 'just' audible. It sounds like a mini-rc helicopter or car is racing in your case.
rjbarker
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3214
  • Ribbons : 21
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/04/06 18:51:29 (permalink)
Yep I must say I think this go around an Asus Strix would have been the way to go. Been purchasing Evga Cards for almost 17 yrs and went with the Evga FTW3 Ultra 3080. I have a Water Block on it (been WC'ing for several yrs) and must say am quite disappointed that the Card (although never sees more than 42c) cannot go beyond 398w, even with the 450w BIOS.

More digging and find out the PCI-E #3 power plug is crippled , so more digging and find out its likely due to the cheaper analog Voltage Controller.....
Apparantly Strix went with digital Voltage Controller....

Oh well, Card seems to be running ok....a couple of freezes while gaming but at this point can only chaulk it up to OC'ing experimentation......hope thats all those freezes were !!

I9 12900K EK Velocity2 / ROG Z690 Apex/ 32G Dominator DDR5 6000/ Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3  EK Vector / 980 Pro 512G / 980 Pro 1TB/ Samsung 860 Pro 500G/ WD 4TB Red / AX 1600i /  Corsair 900D & XSPC 480 * 360 * 240 Rads   XSPC Photon 170 Rez-Vario Pump Combo - Alienware 3440*1440p 120Hz/ W11

EthanBurke
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/04/06 19:25:17 (permalink)
[quote = Bruno747]
[cita = EthanBurke]
[cita = pakyejun]

[/ cita]

What a disappointment, I have a hybrid model. Maybe evga should speak up and give us a solution. I have always bought this brand, it is my trusted brand.

Pero, Âżestamos seguros de que todos los modelos evga 3090 estĂĄn defectuosos ???

[/cita]

Parece ser solo las tarjetas FTW3 y las basadas en la misma placa (Hydro Copper e Hybrid).

Para responder al chico de arriba, sí, varios han fallado en Europa con el mismo método de falla. Ha habido varias publicaciones desde el extranjero con personas frustradas por los costos de envío de RMA, especialmente la pareja que tuvo que hacerlo varias veces.

En cuanto al silbido de la bobina FE, m FTW3 es audible, mi 1080ti es audible. Puedo lidiar con el gemido de la bobina, solo subiré mås las cosas si me molesta. cuando juego con amigos, tengo unos auriculares de todos modos. Prefiero quejarse de la bobina que una tarjeta con la que no me siento cómodo jugando juegos antiguos.

[/cita]

hassou
  • Total Posts : 31
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/05/23 09:59:12 (permalink)
Same here, I have two of them and one of them died in first week of purchase, the replacement was a brand new one, that died too in the beginning of this month, then that replacement died same way again last week,
rest of the system and my other card works fine still,
wondering if we just keep getting unlucky lol,
if it die again then ill have to ask them for a new deal or something i guess, 

Thaney85
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: And my replacement 3090 FTW3 Ultra just died exactly the same way again ;( 2021/05/23 10:19:09 (permalink)
I don’t blame you one bit... that’s a lot of money for something to not run perfect
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile