EVGA

Advanced RMA return shipping - paid or not?

Author
lmponte
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2013/11/29 06:31:32 (permalink)
Hello everyone,

I have recently submitted an RMA for a GTX570 card which appears to be defective. I selected an Advanced RMA, which, according to all the information I could find in EVGA's website, includes a prepaid label for returning the defective card.
However, I received the replacement product, but it did not include any label for return shipment to EVGA. After contacting support, they told me it was a "misunderstanding" and that I would have to pay the shipping cost back to EVGA, since the card was older than 30 days and not purchased directly from EVGA.
Obviously I am now very disappointed with this, because the shipping cost is actually pretty expensive when sending the card the "safe" way - via UPS/Fedex with tracking and insurance. And I still can't find anywhere where it is stated that I have to cover the shipping cost.

Can anyone please share their experiences on this? Does the Advanced RMA include or not the paid return shipping?

Thank you,

Luís Ponte

6 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Advanced RMA return shipping - paid or not? 2013/11/29 08:26:23 (permalink)
    Return Shipping under Normal RMA was paid by EVGA (EVGA paid return shipping), I have not requested an Advanced RMA.
    My RMA Cross Shipping came with a UPS Label to return to EVGA.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

EddieH
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 2016
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Advanced RMA return shipping - paid or not? 2013/11/29 19:49:42 (permalink)
    Hello Imponte, 

There are actually 3 different types of RMAs and depending on the product it may qualify for a Standard RMA and possibly a Standard Cross Ship, or Advanced RMA.

Standard RMA, is what all product have which are still in warranty.  You submit the request, once approved, you send your product in.  You are responsible for the shipping to us.  Time to process the replacement is 3 days, and we ship out the replacement to you, we pay for the return shipping. 

Standard Cross Ship, some of products have this option and others do not, just depends on when it was purchsed.  The Standard Cross Ship, you pay the full amount of the replacement product as collateral, and we ship out the replacement to you first.  We pay for the shipping cost to you.  Once you receive the replacement you are responsible for paying the return shipping to us of the defective unit.  Once we receive the defective unite, the collateral that you paid is refunded to your bank/credit card.  

Advanced RMA, are usually an option for new products or once you have received an RMA product, the option is available to purchase within the first 30 days.  If your product ever needs to be replaced, you simply Activate the Advanced RMA, submit the request, and enter your credit card/ bank card.  Now this will only put a $1.00-$1.27 authorization on the card which will be released within 1-3 days.  There is no full charge of collateral like the Std. Cross Ship.  Once the card information is received, we will send out the replacement product with a pre-paid return shipping label in the box.  You receive your replacement and put the defective unit in the box, attach the pre-paid return shipping label and drop off at any UPS Store.  

Now, depending on which option you chose, it will or will not have a pre-paid return shipping label.  Easiest way to find out is, if you paid full collateral or was there only a $1.27 authorization charge on you bank/credit card.   If the full collateral was charged, then you chose the Std. Cross Ship, for which you are responsible for return shipping.  If there was only a $1.27 hold place on the card, then you should have received a pre-paid return shipping label inside the box.  In either case, I would suggest contacting us, so that we can look into the RMA type that was set up and assist you accordingly.  Our office will be open back up tomorrow for our 24/7 Technical Support @ 888.881.3482
    post edited by EVGATech_EddieH - 2013/11/29 19:52:13
    lmponte
    Re: Advanced RMA return shipping - paid or not? 2013/11/30 04:21:40 (permalink)
    Dear EVGA,

Your explanation seems to make sense, as I paid the full collateral, so probably what I got was a Standard Cross-Ship. However, I am 100% sure that I selected "Advanced RMA". In fact, I received email confirmation clearly stating that "Advanced RMA# 533213000378 Has Been Approved by EVGA". 
    Another important point is that I have never seen the standard cross-ship option mentioned in your websites, this is the first time I'm hearing about it, so I feel kind of mislead about this.

Also (since this confusion was apparently not bad enough) the replacement card I got appears to be faulty and shows corrupted images when booting - but that is something I still need to address with tech support.

To be honest, I find this situation completely unacceptable. Your webpages clearly state that EVGA will pay for return shipping for Advanced RMAs, which is exactly what was requested and approved in my case.

I'm pretty sorry to say this, but this whole situation is making me regret choosing EVGA in the first place...
    lmponte
    Re: Advanced RMA return shipping - paid or not? 2013/11/30 04:31:40 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    Return Shipping under Normal RMA was paid by EVGA (EVGA paid return shipping), I have not requested an Advanced RMA.

Thank you for your help, bcavnaugh. This only adds to the confusion... So, in your case, you did get a paid return label even without requesting an Advanced RMA? Lucky you!

JoeyC
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 1703
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Advanced RMA return shipping - paid or not? 2013/11/30 05:51:04 (permalink)
    lmponte
    bcavnaugh

Thank you for your help, bcavnaugh. This only adds to the confusion... So, in your case, you did get a paid return label even without requesting an Advanced RMA? Lucky you!

I do apologize for any confusion, Advance RMAs are done differently between the US and EU. I would suggest contacting EU support at supportEU@evga.com. I will also request for one of their representatives respond to this thread. 

Have a good weekend.

Rate my service by going to: http://www.evga.com/myevga/rateus/

hodge_ronald
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Advanced RMA return shipping - paid or not? 2021/01/11 13:32:36 (permalink)
    Received a Broken damaged CPU cooler and had to pay shipping 14$ on a 29$ Part  I will never buy from bstock again then tried to call the was on the phone for 2hr then hung up. on top end video cards no other stuff ever again.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile