Access Denied?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/26 10:00:18 (permalink)
Sajin
I get this too, but clearing my cache and cookies fixes it temporarily each time.

That is the point is a temporary fix. It was worst at the launch of the 3080Ti, I couldn't get in the page to sign in for 5 minutes.
If a good number of people are having these issues, then it is an issue that needs to be considered to be looked into.
Members with this issue need to come forward so EVGA staff can look into it.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/26 10:10:48 (permalink)
rjohnson11
Maajidmanzoor
clear cookies and relogin

That is the fastest way to recover from this message. I have had this issue from time to time. 

You too RJ? So it appears even the MODs are having issues interesting🤔 so it is spreading after all.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8295
  • Ribbons : 45
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/26 10:17:58 (permalink)
Yes, but it has been going on for a couple of weeks at my end.  Initially, I thought it was just increased traffic.

Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8295
  • Ribbons : 45
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/26 10:17:59 (permalink)
That is the other thing that has been happening lately, double posts.  I just edited this as it was a double of the above.  It could also be arthritic hands.
post edited by Flint 1760 - 2021/06/26 10:22:29

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49164
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/27 00:26:16 (permalink)
This issue has been going on for months now. Talked to evga about it, and they said it was just a result of how their forums load balancer handles things, and they don’t believe it’s fixable.
EA245FF3D6B2421
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 105
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/27 00:33:27 (permalink)
I got this too! It was almost midnight when I got it, going to bed and waiting until the next day fixed it haha.
kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/27 06:06:58 (permalink)
Sajin
This issue has been going on for months now. Talked to evga about it, and they said it was just a result of how their forums load balancer handles things, and they don’t believe it’s fixable.

It hasn't been going on months for me. This is the first time and my cable IP address is still getting Access Denied to the site.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/27 08:28:30 (permalink)
kram36
Sajin

It hasn't been going on months for me. This is the first time and my cable IP address is still getting Access Denied to the site.

It is denied when login in to your profile or without logi in.🤔

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/27 08:49:27 (permalink)
atfrico
kram36
Sajin

I can't access the site at all from my cable internet IP, I can't get to anything on the site, no log in/log out opportunity, just flat out Access Denied. Right now I'm tethered to my phone from a different IP address and that's how I'm posting right now.
Artoriaas
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 102
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/27 08:50:19 (permalink)
I got this too, I figured I had been banned for posting too much even though I am trying not to spam.
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/27 08:55:39 (permalink)
Artoriaas
I got this too, I figured I had been banned for posting too much even though I am trying not to spam.

How are you posting right now?
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102225
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/27 09:01:08 (permalink)
kram36
atfrico
kram36
Sajin

I can't access the site at all from my cable internet IP, I can't get to anything on the site, no log in/log out opportunity, just flat out Access Denied. Right now I'm tethered to my phone from a different IP address and that's how I'm posting right now.

I've had this as well. The only solution in my situation was to go to all my cookies in Microsoft Edge, find EVGA, and delete the 5 or 6 cookies for EVGA that were there. Then go to the EVGA website and log in again.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/27 09:11:14 (permalink)
rjohnson11
kram36
atfrico
kram36
Sajin

I've had this as well. The only solution in my situation was to go to all my cookies in Microsoft Edge, find EVGA, and delete the 5 or 6 cookies for EVGA that were there. Then go to the EVGA website and log in again.

I has nothing to do with cookies or I would not be able to post right now. The site is blocking my cable internet IP. I can get on here using my pc tethered to my phone which is a different IP address.

I have cleared the cache on FireFox and Edge browser, even installed the Brave browser and I still get Access Denied from my cable internet IP address.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/27 09:24:07 (permalink)
kram36
atfrico
kram36
Sajin

If you found you are being blocked by Internet IP, then yeah, it is not glitched in the server at all. Thank you for pointing this out.  All I can say is to try hide your IP address or contact your Internet provider to give you a new IP address, sounds silly but see if this resolve the issue.

Hiddyhiddyho
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 104
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/27 09:24:08 (permalink)
I've had this issue after making a single post on the forums, just one and blammo access denied on everything.

Only thing I can think of is that because I use a VPN (as should everyone) it's just slapping down the IP I was using for it because I can hop servers and it clears things up. Most likely it's multiple people posting at near the same time or visiting at about the same time that's being flagged as bots.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/27 09:34:19 (permalink)
Hiddyhiddyho
I've had this issue after making a single post on the forums, just one and blammo access denied on everything.

Only thing I can think of is that because I use a VPN (as should everyone) it's just slapping down the IP I was using for it because I can hop servers and it clears things up. Most likely it's multiple people posting at near the same time or visiting at about the same time that's being flagged as bots.

He was flagged as a bot after EVGA closed for the day on Friday? I don't find this coincidental Hippy, I meant hiddy

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/27 10:28:59 (permalink)
atfrico
Hiddyhiddyho

He was flagged as a bot after EVGA closed for the day on Friday? I don't find this coincidental Hippy, I meant hiddy

EVGA was still open when this happened.

https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3410984
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/27 11:00:44 (permalink)
kram36
atfrico
Hiddyhiddyho

EVGA was still open when this happened.

https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3410984

😯 🤔 might be a hippy bug or something

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/27 11:14:57 (permalink)
atfrico
😯 🤔 might be a hippy bug or something

Someone mentioned having several tabs open to the site could trigger this (can't find the post), but I did have several tabs open when this happened. However I had been doing that all week. In the correspondence with EVGATech_LeeM he did mention they were making some changes on Friday. So I'm thinking it was having multiple tabs open to the site that triggered it with the new changes EVGA made on Friday.

So I'll keep it to one tab open only and see if that keeps me from getting the Access Denied IP ban deal again. I mean it did to the IP my pc was getting from tethering to my phone too and I'm pretty sure I had several tabs open when that happened too.

Why do I have so many tabs open? I have those queue tracking threads and it was much easier to have a tab open to the op of each thread so I could edit them easily when people posted their notify time.

Fingers crossed, not having multiple tabs open will stop this crazy train.
Hiddyhiddyho
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 104
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/27 15:29:10 (permalink)
atfrico
Hiddyhiddyho

It would be automated rather than a hands on ban, think of it like DDOS mitigation rather than a single IT dude with a bone to pick.
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/28 09:26:14 (permalink)
It happened again.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/28 09:34:44 (permalink)
Get used to it.
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/28 09:41:53 (permalink)
Sajin
Get used to it.

Why? This never happened to me until last Friday.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/28 09:45:12 (permalink)
Never happened to me either until it did, and then it never went away after it started occurring.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/28 09:52:52 (permalink)
kram36
Sajin
Get used to it.

Why? This never happened to me until last Friday.

Throw some Skittles or rainbows or flowers to your PC 😂😂 it might fixes the problem🤔

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/28 10:02:45 (permalink)
Sajin
Never happened to me either until it did, and then it never went away after it started occurring.

Your fix was clearing your browser cache. That does nothing for me, I have to get a new IP address.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/28 10:05:17 (permalink)
I understand. Both are annoying. Yours is definitely worse though. 🤬
aka_STEVE_b
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 17692
  • Ribbons : 69
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/28 10:27:13 (permalink)
I've had to clear caches on multiple browsers  , then restart system for it to work.
 Sometimes even that wasn't good enough. I had to wait like 30 mins.- then fine again .

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/28 10:42:40 (permalink)
It just did it again! 
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102225
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Access Denied? 2021/06/28 10:49:54 (permalink)
atfrico
kram36
atfrico
kram36
Sajin

If you found you are being blocked by Internet IP, then yeah, it is not glitched in the server at all. Thank you for pointing this out.  All I can say is to try hide your IP address or contact your Internet provider to give you a new IP address, sounds silly but see if this resolve the issue.

If this happens again get your IP address (What Is My IP Address - See Your Public Address - IPv4 & IPv6) and then submit the IP address with the error to: webmaster@evga.com

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile