AMD motherboards

Author
Craig_d1
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/06/04 09:12:22 (permalink)
Hi everyone,
it's been 20 years since I built a pc and having had an dell then an imac and a cheap laptop I thought I'd try and build one again.  1 year later and no closer to a gpu, I came across this forum from the elite page(may be the only way of a slim chance of getting a gpu)
Quick question, I was planning on going AMD route, but from a quick look, does EVGA not do motherboards for ryzen chips?  or have i been looking in the intel section only?  If they don't, any reason why?
thanks

6 Replies Related Threads

PR0Hunter
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 102
    Re: AMD motherboards 2021/06/10 14:55:32 (permalink)
    EVGA has a tight relationship with Intel so this is very unlikely. Partnering with AMD will hurt their relationship with Intel so this likely won't happen
    droomagon
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 101
    Re: AMD motherboards 2021/06/16 08:20:49 (permalink)
    i think EVGA should start investing into AMD side of things, particularly AMD mobos

i meant, have you seem the CPU sales lately?
    Craig_d1
    Re: AMD motherboards 2021/06/16 09:48:02 (permalink)
    droomagon
    i think EVGA should start investing into AMD side of things, particularly AMD mobos

i meant, have you seem the CPU sales lately?

Yup, I agree.  They're definitely missing out, and dealing with AMD hasn't hurt the other AIB's that produce intel mobo's.  I for one prefer an AMD cpu at mo.  Would be happy to look at an EVGA mobo, so that's a potential lost sale.  MSI, Gigabyte or Asus it is then
    bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8371
    • Ribbons : 51
    Re: AMD motherboards 2021/06/16 10:54:12 (permalink)
    They can not stock a supply of Intel boards as is.
    They only make a few boards as is of each chipset. Classified, FTW and a small micro.
    Make a batch it sells out then they go to the newer chipset, wash rinse repeat.
    EVGA is a small company compared to many others that have 5 or more models and chipsets for the same socket.
    EVGA is an Intel and Nvidia partner, AMD is the competition and maybe made a deal with EVGA to stay brand loyal
    EVGA is a privately owned company and maybe the owner does not like AMD for what ever reason.
    Maybe a bad experience from years ago when they did make AMD boards and they weren't really all that great
    They only made AMD MB when Intel made the chipset for it.
    Times are tough for a GPU,PSU,MB hardware Co. that can't get stock to sell as is.
    They have no GPUs, higher end PSUs and no MB for sale in the EVGA store.
    Maybe the money involved for R&R to do it is not there.
    There could be many other reasons

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

U25ITA93JV   

droomagon
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 101
    Re: AMD motherboards 2021/06/17 01:58:30 (permalink)
    bill1024
    They can not stock a supply of Intel boards as is.
    They only make a few boards as is of each chipset. Classified, FTW and a small micro.
    Make a batch it sells out then they go to the newer chipset, wash rinse repeat.
    EVGA is a small company compared to many others that have 5 or more models and chipsets for the same socket.
    EVGA is an Intel and Nvidia partner, AMD is the competition and maybe made a deal with EVGA to stay brand loyal
    EVGA is a privately owned company and maybe the owner does not like AMD for what ever reason.
    Maybe a bad experience from years ago when they did make AMD boards and they weren't really all that great
    They only made AMD MB when Intel made the chipset for it.
    Times are tough for a GPU,PSU,MB hardware Co. that can't get stock to sell as is.
    They have no GPUs, higher end PSUs and no MB for sale in the EVGA store.
    Maybe the money involved for R&R to do it is not there.
    There could be many other reasons

intel being intel, and nvidia being nvidia, im pretty sure both company has pressured EVGA not to produce 'competition products' under whatever form of contract

so ya, being a smaller company really sucks

Craig_d1
    Re: AMD motherboards 2021/06/17 02:46:59 (permalink)
    just had a look, EVGA has 146 employees (last look with 70 employees and turnover of $65M)...compare that with MSI 2300+ employees(2018) and $5.23Billion revenue in 2020.
    So now I understand the focus on intel and nvidea.  AMD had Sapphire(as an example) as a corresponding company that focuses on AMD.
    They're just not big enough to branch out like the big boys, so concentrate on their chosen partners and produce quality goods.

as a side note it said a lot of the engineers at EVGA moved from another company Epox, that coincidentally made great AMD mobo's
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile