AMD Radeon VII vs. Nvidia RTX 2080

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: AMD Radeon VII vs. Nvidia RTX 2080 2019/02/10 19:37:03 (permalink)
seth89
kram36
GTXJackBauer
kram36
ssj92
I don't understand though, if AMD knew about the issues, why didn't they push back the release date? They really shot themselves in the foot here.

What if there isn't a a simple driver fix for the issues?

To be fair, there's always driver improvements no matter which side you're on.

Improvements, sure, but when was the last time you saw a card get released for review with this many issues?

It’s Chinese New Year and they said a lot of people are off for holiday, that the issues would be addressed when they come back to work...

I don't buy that excuse. When was the last time you saw a card get released for review with this many issues?
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: AMD Radeon VII vs. Nvidia RTX 2080 2019/02/10 19:44:52 (permalink)
kram36
seth89
kram36
GTXJackBauer
kram36
ssj92
I don't understand though, if AMD knew about the issues, why didn't they push back the release date? They really shot themselves in the foot here.

Improvements, sure, but when was the last time you saw a card get released for review with this many issues?

It’s Chinese New Year and they said a lot of people are off for holiday, that the issues would be addressed when they come back to work...

I don't buy that excuse. When was the last time you saw a card get released for review with this many issues?

That's what i'd been saying about the RTX 2080Ti release

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: AMD Radeon VII vs. Nvidia RTX 2080 2019/02/10 21:58:14 (permalink)
atfrico

The RTX 2080 Ti is a great card and has not had the issue this AMD Radeon VII card has. If Nvidia had rolled out a card that was this bad I would be hitting Nvidia for it. This 7nm process doesn't look ready to be in production and it's why AMD has pulled back the Navi release. AMD has some serious issues with this new process. Seriously, your post is absurd.
post edited by kram36 - 2019/02/12 17:57:19
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: AMD Radeon VII vs. Nvidia RTX 2080 2019/02/10 22:20:52 (permalink)
kram36
atfrico
kram36
seth89
kram36
GTXJackBauer
kram36
ssj92

The RTX 2080 Ti is a great card and has not had the issue this AMD Radeon VII card has. If Nvidia had rolled out a card that was this bad I would be hitting Nvidia for it. This 7nm process doesn't look ready to be in production and it's why AMD has pulled back the Navi release. AMD has some serious issues with this new process. Seriously, your post is absurd.

It is so absurd you love to reply
As per your own point of view:
1. The RTX is a great card with no issues yet...
2. There is not such thing about people complaining that some of their 2080Ti are running hot/dying, giving people black screens, BSODs, etc. (no issues here as per your say)
3. The 2080Ti is a great card that are not selling well, approved by none other the CEO of Nvidia  (no issue here as per your say yet again)
So in conclusion, You are in denial of the facts yet again, that the RTX 2080 and the 2080Ti have no issues whatsoever because you did not experience any.......yeah.

Please use the amazing web app called youtube in your phone or PC and type in the search box:  consumer in denial of 2080TI issues and see how many well known reviewers say about your precious RTX 2080Ti

post edited by atfrico - 2019/02/10 22:27:01

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10101
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: AMD Radeon VII vs. Nvidia RTX 2080 2019/02/10 23:20:43 (permalink)
Guys I this is starting to get into a flame war and it's not constructive to be going back and forth and it's not being very constructive. A lot of these things might be able to be fixed for AMD with drivers or firmware but AMD hasn't really been known for great drivers or fast releases of them but that could change. As for the cards themselves  I think it's a myth to say NVIDIA had a lack of interest in the 2080 which spent most of 2018 as sold out. Keep in mind the CEO was talking about from launch to December 31 2018. Even if the problem with the 2080 exists and customers are not buying then I can't see them jumping up to spend money on a Radeon VII when it only offers the performance of a 1080Ti which is an amazing card but came out years ago. It's hard to think people will rush out and buy a Radeon VII in 2019 for the same price they could have got a 1080Ti for back in 2017 and get about the same benchmarks.

All that said I think it's good to have AMD bringing a fight to NVIDIA since they are going to have to really make DLSS and Ray Tracing important to gamers if they want to keep AMD from being an major player. We could easily be looking at an interesting end of the year and could see NVIDIA have to increase performance of the cards to keep up.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: AMD Radeon VII vs. Nvidia RTX 2080 2019/02/11 00:03:28 (permalink)
atfrico
kram36

It is so absurd you love to reply
As per your own point of view:
1. The RTX is a great card with no issues yet...
2. There is not such thing about people complaining that some of their 2080Ti are running hot/dying, giving people black screens, BSODs, etc. (no issues here as per your say)
3. The 2080Ti is a great card that are not selling well, approved by none other the CEO of Nvidia  (no issue here as per your say yet again)
So in conclusion, You are in denial of the facts yet again, that the RTX 2080 and the 2080Ti have no issues whatsoever because you did not experience any.......yeah.

Please use the amazing web app called youtube in your phone or PC and type in the search box:  consumer in denial of 2080TI issues and see how many well known reviewers say about your precious RTX 2080Ti

I didn't say any of what you posted.
post edited by kram36 - 2019/02/12 17:58:16
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: AMD Radeon VII vs. Nvidia RTX 2080 2019/02/11 05:02:12 (permalink)
Hoggle Even if the problem with the 2080 exists and customers are not buying then I can't see them jumping up to spend money on a Radeon VII when it only offers the performance of a 2080. It's hard to think people will rush out and buy a 2080 in 2019 for greater price they could have got a 1080Ti for back in 2017 and get about the same benchmarks.

Fixed it for you.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2019/02/11 05:04:36

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

panzlock
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1736
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: AMD Radeon VII vs. Nvidia RTX 2080 2019/02/12 08:12:17 (permalink)
transdogmifier
Not really. Making a purchase is subjective. What I think is worth it, you might completely disagree with.

Are you suggesting that you know how to spend my money better than I do? I think not.

Normally I don't bristle at things like this, but the mere suggestion that you think I can't make a purchasing decision correctly simply because YOU think it's not worth it is absolutely ludicrous..and make no mistake...that's exactly what you're suggesting by inferring that by my purchasing Nvidia I wasn't objective (in your opinion).

Nope. Wrong. I'm objective from my point of view and within the bounds of my experience. Speak for yourself. Never speak for me or anyone else. Thank you.

Everything is subjective if you want it to be.

Way to miss the point.

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile