ADATA Launches XPG SPECTRIX S40G RGB Gaming SSD

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102313
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/05/24 05:52:40 (permalink)
https://www.cdrinfo.com/d7/content/adata-launches-xpg-spectrix-s40g-rgb-ssd-gamers

ADATA Technology, a leading manufacturer of high-performance DRAM modules, NAND Flash products, and mobile accessories today announces that launch of the XPG SPECTRIX S40G RGB gaming SSD. With sustained read/write speeds of up to 3500/3000MB per second, customizable RGB lighting, and a slew of performance enhancing features.

I didn't think I would like RGB on an M.2 but I have to admit that this looks very good. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

3 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: ADATA Launches XPG SPECTRIX S40G RGB Gaming SSD 2019/05/24 08:42:40 (permalink)
    It does look like they did a good job with the RGB but I wonder if it can handle effective cooling and RGB at the same time..

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: ADATA Launches XPG SPECTRIX S40G RGB Gaming SSD 2019/05/24 09:05:18 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    It does look like they did a good job with the RGB but I wonder if it can handle effective cooling and RGB at the same time..

I agree Cooling would be the first concern, depending on the MB it would add that RGB for those who want more

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: ADATA Launches XPG SPECTRIX S40G RGB Gaming SSD 2019/05/24 09:46:01 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Hoggle

I agree Cooling would be the first concern, depending on the MB it would add that RGB for those who want more

I don't want to make it sound like I don't think they could do RGB and cooling but I would want to see a review first. I know some drives don't even have a heat spreader so maybe it's not that important but those are for ones not labeled as "gaming". With it being high performance I would want to make sure a review addresses how hot it gets.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile