EVGA

A couple issues with PX1 that need fixed by the development team please?

Author
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 241
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/08/03 02:16:05 (permalink)
Ok I just got my 3080 ftw installed on air for testing before installing my waterblock but I instantly noticed a few problems. If I see these issues within 5 minutes of installing PX1
wth doesnt EVGA know about them & FIX them? I see those guys using PX1 during the podcasts etc. is their development team in taiwan with KP or something? Communication issues?

First off simple & easy to fix - The last tooltip note when you hover over the purple box for fan curve control says: "The 'select PRESENT' drop down will allow for a selection of a predefined curve or custom curve.
I read this and Im like "what" "present" what are they talking about, and then it dawned on me. Its supposed to say "PRESET". Couldnt 30 seconds of code fix this simple error?
Seriously PX1 has been out for like over 3 years now lol, and its been out of beta for 2 years! and nobody noticed this spelling error and fixed it?..... anyway.

And for gods sake there is a button to disable tooltips. Why when Im trying to read the tooltips I get like one sentence read and it disappears! Just let me read the tip without having to keep moving my arrow
back & forth to keep activating the tip, it literally only lasts a few seconds, why make it disappear at all? Again there is a toggle for that.

Secondly and this is annoying the crap out of me - When I click on the "uh um" select preset (or present I guess) to change my fan curve EVERY TIME I switch screens by clicking the right or left arrows & come back
to view the fan settings my preset has automatically changed from whatever its set to Whether its aggressive, quiet, or stealth, it switches back to CUSTOM preset! Why?

If I change my fan curve to say stealth when I  switch to another screen like say the vf curve tuner and switch back to the screen with fan controls it should still say I have stealth fan settings right?
I havent "customized" or touched anything. I even clicked default and it still does this.

EDIT: (already found another issue)
I just made a test overclock & literally a few minutes later it wont load, its just gone! Did one right click of my mouse just delete my profile? Do you seriously have multiple ways to delete or change a profile?
There is literally LOAD, APPLY & SAVE buttons, why with one click of the wrong mouse key we lose our overclock settings? Why not a right click & select "delete" like most programs? or
make it so we can highlight the profile and add a delete button on the bottom next to the load, default, apply & save buttons, or give us a (are you sure you want to delete) warning message? This makes no sense to me

And lastly the DEFAULT setting should NOT have fan control set to OFF. Every time I hit default Im sitting here wondering why my temp keeps rising & rising & rising, I check & my gpu fans are NOT spinning, they are off.
Also makes no sense.
post edited by sdmf74 - 2021/08/03 03:54:04

Asus Maximus XIII Hero, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA w/ EK QUANTUM VECTOR Nickel WB, EVGA superNOVA 1300 G2, Intel I9-11900K, EK Velocity, Aquacomputer D5 PWM Pump, G Skill TridentZ RGB 3600 32gb, Samsung 980 Pro 1tb, 970 Evo Plus 1tb, 960 Pro 512gb, 850 Pro 512gb, 860 Evo 1tb 850 Evo 1tb, Wooting One, Razer Viper, Sennheiser G4me Zero, Asus PG279Q, EK D-RGB LED Strips

11 Replies Related Threads

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: A couple issues with PX1 that need fixed by the development team please? 2021/08/03 04:45:21 (permalink)
    There is an entire area devoted to Precision &  it's issues ....

https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-Precision-X1-f22.aspx

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    sdmf74
    Superclocked Member
    Re: A couple issues with PX1 that need fixed by the development team please? 2021/08/03 06:11:26 (permalink)
    aka_STEVE_b

I can only imagine, Is it official, Is it worth me dragging these 2 cents there, or just a place customers are venting their expensive well deserved anger? 
    nvmnd somehow didnt see your link

EVGA - if you would like you can move this thread over to the PX1 subsection, sorry I missed it
    post edited by sdmf74 - 2021/08/03 06:14:49

Asus Maximus XIII Hero, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA w/ EK QUANTUM VECTOR Nickel WB, EVGA superNOVA 1300 G2, Intel I9-11900K, EK Velocity, Aquacomputer D5 PWM Pump, G Skill TridentZ RGB 3600 32gb, Samsung 980 Pro 1tb, 970 Evo Plus 1tb, 960 Pro 512gb, 850 Pro 512gb, 860 Evo 1tb 850 Evo 1tb, Wooting One, Razer Viper, Sennheiser G4me Zero, Asus PG279Q, EK D-RGB LED Strips

ObscureEmpyre
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 972
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: A couple issues with PX1 that need fixed by the development team please? 2021/08/03 06:42:39 (permalink)
    sdmf74
    aka_STEVE_b

I can only imagine, Is it official, Is it worth me dragging these 2 cents there, or just a place customers are venting their expensive well deserved anger? 

EVGA - if you would like you can move this thread over to the PX1 subsection, sorry I missed it

It’s more to keep topics aligned so forum members and EVGA personnel can better keep track of what’s what. That’s all.

sdmf74
    Superclocked Member
    Re: A couple issues with PX1 that need fixed by the development team please? 2021/08/04 13:51:54 (permalink)
    ObscureEmpyre
    sdmf74
    aka_STEVE_b

It’s more to keep topics aligned so forum members and EVGA personnel can better keep track of what’s what. That’s all.

I understand that, thats why I asked if they wanted to move it to the proper location. I was just asking (before I noticed the link) if it was an official place for reporting PX1
    bugs so the development team can fix them, wishful thinking

BizSAR
    EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 1712
    Re: A couple issues with PX1 that need fixed by the development team please? 2021/08/04 15:13:10 (permalink)
    sdmf74
    I understand that, thats why I asked if they wanted to move it to the proper location. I was just asking (before I noticed the link) if it was an official place for reporting PX1
    bugs so the development team can fix them, wishful thinking

The place to officially report issues and make suggestions is on this support page.

BizSAR
    EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra / ZOTAC 4070Ti Trinity OC - ASUS ROG PG279QM
    outrage
    • Total Posts : 91
    Re: A couple issues with PX1 that need fixed by the development team please? 2021/08/06 18:48:11 (permalink)
    sdmf74
    Ok I just got my 3080 ftw installed on air for testing before installing my waterblock but I instantly noticed a few problems. If I see these issues within 5 minutes of installing PX1
    wth doesnt EVGA know about them & FIX them? I see those guys using PX1 during the podcasts etc. is their development team in taiwan with KP or something? Communication issues?

First off simple & easy to fix - The last tooltip note when you hover over the purple box for fan curve control says: "The 'select PRESENT' drop down will allow for a selection of a predefined curve or custom curve.
    I read this and Im like "what" "present" what are they talking about, and then it dawned on me. Its supposed to say "PRESET". Couldnt 30 seconds of code fix this simple error?
    Seriously PX1 has been out for like over 3 years now lol, and its been out of beta for 2 years! and nobody noticed this spelling error and fixed it?..... anyway.

And for gods sake there is a button to disable tooltips. Why when Im trying to read the tooltips I get like one sentence read and it disappears! Just let me read the tip without having to keep moving my arrow
    back & forth to keep activating the tip, it literally only lasts a few seconds, why make it disappear at all? Again there is a toggle for that.

Secondly and this is annoying the crap out of me - When I click on the "uh um" select preset (or present I guess) to change my fan curve EVERY TIME I switch screens by clicking the right or left arrows & come back
    to view the fan settings my preset has automatically changed from whatever its set to Whether its aggressive, quiet, or stealth, it switches back to CUSTOM preset! Why?

If I change my fan curve to say stealth when I  switch to another screen like say the vf curve tuner and switch back to the screen with fan controls it should still say I have stealth fan settings right?
    I havent "customized" or touched anything. I even clicked default and it still does this.

EDIT: (already found another issue)
    I just made a test overclock & literally a few minutes later it wont load, its just gone! Did one right click of my mouse just delete my profile? Do you seriously have multiple ways to delete or change a profile?
    There is literally LOAD, APPLY & SAVE buttons, why with one click of the wrong mouse key we lose our overclock settings? Why not a right click & select "delete" like most programs? or
    make it so we can highlight the profile and add a delete button on the bottom next to the load, default, apply & save buttons, or give us a (are you sure you want to delete) warning message? This makes no sense to me

And lastly the DEFAULT setting should NOT have fan control set to OFF. Every time I hit default Im sitting here wondering why my temp keeps rising & rising & rising, I check & my gpu fans are NOT spinning, they are off.
    Also makes no sense.

I was able to fix all these problems by installing the latest version of X1 to check/get any firmware updates.

Next perform a nice fresh uninstall of X1.

Install latest version of Msi Afterburner.
    sdmf74
    Superclocked Member
    Re: A couple issues with PX1 that need fixed by the development team please? 2021/08/07 17:08:02 (permalink)
    Funny people have been telling me this since I owned my 780ti! I don't know why I don't listen and the fact that EVGA doesn't offer their GPU firmware updates as a separate file/download is blasphemy, I really wish they would listen to their customers, you know the ones who use their products daily.

To be outdone by MSI and consistently for many years must be embarrassing, I'm referring to afterburner btw. They should just have MSI incorporate an EVGA skin into afterburner and retire PX1.

Oh and while I'm at it why does PX1 have to be so damn big? Heck even Samsung magician let's you size their program for a custom fit on your monitor
    post edited by sdmf74 - 2021/08/07 17:11:56

EVGA_JacobF
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 16946
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: A couple issues with PX1 that need fixed by the development team please? 2021/08/10 10:34:51 (permalink)
    New release going live today to fix these items.

yodap
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4642
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: A couple issues with PX1 that need fixed by the development team please? 2021/08/10 10:55:21 (permalink)
    EVGA_JacobF
    New release going live today to fix these items.

Even the resize issue? Thanks! Can’t wait.

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: A couple issues with PX1 that need fixed by the development team please? 2021/08/10 11:10:56 (permalink)
    Already downloaded it....(It's on the download page if it's 1.2.4)__

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

sdmf74
    Superclocked Member
    Re: A couple issues with PX1 that need fixed by the development team please? 2021/08/10 11:17:41 (permalink)
    Wow cool thanks Jacob can't wait to get home to try it out

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile