EVGA

980 Ti FTW fan replacement

Author
TheOneAndOnly660
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/06/21 22:38:59 (permalink)
Where can I buy just 1 fan for a my GPU? I dont feel like RMAing it as that can take weeks and changing a fan will take 5 min. My fan makes this really obnoxious rattling noise. I know its the fan because if I put fan speed to 0, the noise stops. Also if I put a little pressure on the fan while its spinning the sound also stops.

4 Replies Related Threads

bsmegreg
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1604
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: 980 Ti FTW fan replacement 2016/06/21 23:47:48 (permalink)
    You might be able to contact EVGA support and ask for them to sell you one.  Otherwise, you basically will have to RMA the product as there is not another alternative.

drewskidrewsgv
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 132
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: 980 Ti FTW fan replacement 2016/06/22 01:16:26 (permalink)
    EVGA will not sell the fan by itself unfortunately and you will have to RMA your card if there is a problem with the fan. The Cross Shipment is an option where EVGA will send you the replacement card first and then you can send your defective card afterwards but you will have to pay collateral then EVGA will refund your money once they receive your defective card.
    Dr.Death
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1011
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: 980 Ti FTW fan replacement 2016/06/30 06:14:42 (permalink)
    for all you hear on how great evga support is that pretty sad   in my book    crap powercolor  and xfx will I know  personally   if your card is under warrantee  and all they just pop a fan in the mail  3 days you got a new fan  ?? not loose you card over it  or all that expense and hassle ..example  -- ''please know that XFX provides replacement fans as needed and Free of charge to North America and South America... Eur/Asia can vary.  Contact us to let us know.  xfxsupport.com''

come on evga that's poor service  doing a guy as that  to send there whole card in over a bad fan  ?? [opinion] 

Master_X
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 980 Ti FTW fan replacement 2019/01/23 01:36:07 (permalink)
    Dr.Death
    for all you hear on how great evga support is that pretty sad   in my book    crap powercolor  and xfx will I know  personally   if your card is under warrantee  and all they just pop a fan in the mail  3 days you got a new fan  ?? not loose you card over it  or all that expense and hassle ..example  -- ''please know that XFX provides replacement fans as needed and Free of charge to North America and South America... Eur/Asia can vary.  Contact us to let us know.  xfxsupport.com''

come on evga that's poor service  doing a guy as that  to send there whole card in over a bad fan  ?? [opinion] 

Really really sad as you said ... having a problem with one of 2 fans completely stopped working. Also no replacement part for me. I would even pay for it but no.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile