EVGA

750B Power Supply keeps turning my computer back on

Author
panpaper
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/09/17 22:10:51 (permalink)
I just upgraded my EVGA 500W White power supply to an EVGA 750B Bronze power supply in preparation of my RX Vega graphics card. After the upgrade, my computer keeps turning back on a few seconds after I shut it down.

None of the software solutions online worked, but when I swapped out 750B power supply back to my old 500W power supply, the problem was no longer there. Therefore the problem must have something to do with the new power supply. 

Do I have a faulty unit or is there something I might have done wrong?

My computer is a Dell XPS 8910 Special Edition, with i7-6700 and no graphics card at the moment. 

3 Replies Related Threads

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: 750B Power Supply keeps turning my computer back on 2017/09/17 22:14:16 (permalink)

The last time that had happened to me, I found out the Power Supply was bad. Had to get a replacement. Was under warranty. Had exact same problem as you.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    panpaper
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 750B Power Supply keeps turning my computer back on 2017/09/17 22:51:56 (permalink)
    XrayMan

The last time that had happened to me, I found out the Power Supply was bad. Had to get a replacement. Was under warranty. Had exact same problem as you.

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure it was not because I'd done something stupid. Like maybe there was a specific order of plugging in modular cables or something like that.

I just got mine from Amazon, I'll be getting a replacement from them then. Thanks for your input!
    fergusonll
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1686
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: 750B Power Supply keeps turning my computer back on 2017/09/18 15:02:07 (permalink)
    panpaper
    XrayMan

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure it was not because I'd done something stupid. Like maybe there was a specific order of plugging in modular cables or something like that.

I just got mine from Amazon, I'll be getting a replacement from them then. Thanks for your input!

I would also advise if you have the means to get at least a gold or even a platinum rated psu, better made, more efficient and will last longer.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile