EVGA

481 Error code

Author
lordarthas55
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/03/04 12:57:39 (permalink)
Hello guys, I have only 6 hours before my link for 30 series card expires. I am shipping to US address but want to pay with Canadian card and billing info. I tried both mine master and Visa cards and both have been declined. Master with 203 error code. Visa with 481. I though it was my phone number but I tried 4 different variations: with - and without, with +1 and without. Already replied to EVGA email but no response yet

8 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: 481 Error code 2021/03/04 13:13:45 (permalink)
    I usually use PayPal on the EVGA store .... works well for me

No idea about cross border transactions

If you using prepaid CC or gift cards .... that would explain the pain

Make sure your CC company has the address as an approved ship to for your Account

See the rules in link below
    https://www.evga.com/legal/store/
    (excerpt)

Shipping and Delivery Restrictions

The EVGA online store ships to the Continental U.S., Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Canada.
    EVGA does not accept the use of the following address listings for any purchases made through EVGA.com.
    • Hotels or Motels
    • Mail or Package forwarding companies
    • Private Mailboxes
    • APO/FPO Addresses for orders over $200 USD (due to shipping restrictions)
    • UPS Stores or Stores with shipping mailboxes
    • P.O. Boxes
    • Addresses that are non-standard or cannot be confirmed as a house or work place
    Once shipped, orders may not be intercepted or rerouted through the selected shipping carrier. Likewise, EVGA does not offer or have the ability to offer a “hold” service for shipments.
    EVGA reserves the right to ship any product with an Adult Signature and once added an Adult signature cannot be removed.

Billing/Shipping Address

A customer may ship an order to an address different from the billing address, with the exception of PayPal purchases. In order to be able to process the order successfully, however, the billing address must be verifiable through the credit card company, which is explained below in the Address Verification section.
    PayPal Purchases:
    • Products purchased on the EVGA store using PayPal will be shipped to the address listed on the customer’s PayPal account regardless of the customer’s billing or shipping address listed on the customer’s EVGA account or entered on the checkout page. Due to PayPal’s restrictions, orders must be shipped to the address selected on your PayPal account. If you choose to use PayPal as your method of payment, please make sure that your address is current on your PayPal account. EVGA accepts no liability or responsibility for losses suffered or additional costs due to a package shipped to the wrong address because of a customer’s failure to keep a current address on the customer’s PayPal profile.

Payment and Address Verification

EVGA does not accept the use of International credit cards, with the exception of banks within our shipping areas of Canada.
    EVGA recommends avoiding the use of prepaid credit cards and gift cards when placing an order at EVGA.com. It is possible that your order may be cancelled and refunded if it is not able to be verified by our order verification team.
    If your shipping address does not match your credit card or other billing address EVGA reserves the right to verify the order and EVGA’s standard shipping and order process times may not apply.
    If you have any problems or questions related to your transaction, please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-888-881-EVGA (3842) option 3.

Sales Tax

Sales tax is required for orders shipping into states where EVGA has or may have nexus for state tax purposes under applicable laws. Additionally, sales tax may be required under various state laws, which are in effect at the time of purchase. If required, you will be charged the applicable sales tax according to your area's tax rate.
    The EVGA.com webstore does not accept sales tax exemption certificates from customers, and cannot refund a partial or full amount of any sales tax charged as part of your order even if a sales tax exemption certificate is provided after the purchase is complete. If you must use a sales tax exemption certificate as part of your order, EVGA recommends that you contact any of its authorized distributors to make a purchase.

Customs, Fees, and Additional Taxes

All orders are charged in U.S. Dollars (USD) based on real-time currency exchange rates. Partial refunds are not permitted due to a change in currency exchange rates. EVGA’s refund policy does permit refunds within a limited time-frame; however, because both purchases and refunds are based on real-time USD currency exchange rates, you may receive a different amount as a refund than you paid.
    Shipping to Canada:
    • Estimated and final shipping costs do not include any additional Customs or Duties fees charged by the shipper and/or by your country’s Customs Department. UPS will require that these fees are paid at the time of delivery to the shipping address. If these fees are not paid upon delivery, then the package will be returned to EVGA. After EVGA receives the package, any shipping fees or customs fees charged to EVGA may be deducted from your refund. Please contact your country’s Customs Department with the order total if you need an estimation of these fees prior to placing your order. EVGA will not be liable or responsible for losses suffered or additional costs due to a customer’s failure to be aware of additional local, regional, national or international fees required by the customer’s country, or the customer’s failure to pay said fee upon delivery.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

FearTehPanda
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 101
    Re: 481 Error code 2021/03/05 10:36:46 (permalink)
    Did you ever get the link to work? Buddy is having the same issues
    jobimbo
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: 481 Error code 2021/03/10 20:20:39 (permalink)
    Hello! I also experienced the same problem with different credit cards. US (CA) address for both shipping and billing. Emailed support and  been trying all day with no success, till offer expired. Cleared cookies, rebooted, used other device, etc. The last checkout page is always the problem. Please help!
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: 481 Error code 2021/03/11 22:15:01 (permalink)
    FearTehPanda
    Did you ever get the link to work?

+1

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    xenmus
    • Total Posts : 12
    Re: 481 Error code 2021/06/19 17:23:58 (permalink)
    Hmm a somewhat old thread but Oh man I might have to face the same issue as OP since my billing and shipping addresses are Canada and the US respectively AND the only money I have at the moment are in my debit prepaid card.
    Hopefully it worked out for you OP, let us know!
    HowieDogDealt
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: 481 Error code 2021/06/19 17:39:49 (permalink)
    xenmus
    Hmm a somewhat old thread but Oh man I might have to face the same issue as OP since my billing and shipping addresses are Canada and the US respectively AND the only money I have at the moment are in my debit prepaid card.

I'm pretty sure Paypal does accept prepaid cards. Hopefully your account isn't suspended like mine.
    xenmus
    • Total Posts : 12
    Re: 481 Error code 2021/06/19 17:48:28 (permalink)
    HowieDogDealt
    xenmus

I'm pretty sure Paypal does accept prepaid cards. Hopefully your account isn't suspended like mine.

your account suspended? You mean Paypal acount?
    HowieDogDealt
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: 481 Error code 2021/06/19 17:53:48 (permalink)
    xenmus
    HowieDogDealt
    xenmus

your account suspended? You mean Paypal acount?

Yeah, my paypal account is suspended. I owe like $50 that I haven't gotten around to paying.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile