Answered3090ti FTW3 Nightmare

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: 3090ti FTW3 Nightmare 2022/08/16 13:54:43 (permalink)
s1lence1
EVGA motherboards aren't tried and tested, ASUS and others are. I wouldn't spend 5k on a new system (monitor included) and then put an untested motherboard in the mix. Case in point here: ASUS not only diagnosed the issue for me but also gave me a case number making the RMA a simple issue. I am a fan of evga gpu's but I highly doubt they would go to the extent of CS from ASUS.

Glad ASUS was able to help you with your board. Check your serial number, because every time ASUS has helped me, they sent the same board back exhibiting the same issues as it went in for, and then told me that it was fixed when it clearly wasn't.  I have had the z77, z87, two x79's, and two x99's from ASUS, and all of them had their quirks to them.  The EVGA mother boards I have owned have been the only ones that I haven't had any issues with so far.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: 3090ti FTW3 Nightmare 2022/08/16 14:00:15 (permalink)
s1lence1
ty_ger07
Iyatsu
Evga makes a solid motherboard! No reason to never buy one especially when it’s the Evga Dark boards! They are second to none with Vince!

Nah. If you like dealing with buggy firmware and software, sure.

EVGA motherboards aren't tried and tested, ASUS and others are. I wouldn't spend 5k on a new system (monitor included) and then put an untested motherboard in the mix. Case in point here: ASUS not only diagnosed the issue for me but also gave me a case number making the RMA a simple issue. I am a fan of evga gpu's but I highly doubt they would go to the extent of CS from ASUS.

That's exactly how EVGA works lol (and most CS for that matter). You put in a ticket, EVGA techs work with you to see if they can resolve the issue, if not, an RMA is approved, and yes, there is a ticket number which tracks the whole process. EVGA are specifically known as having the best CS in the entire industry! I guess you haven't had to experience it - which also says something positive about EVGA products. lol.

Imo, no motherboards are truly 'tried and tested' until they are released into the wild, that's why both ASUS and EVGA and everyone else have BIOS updates from time to time. ASUS have a HUGE market though, so that is an advantage in that bugs appear sooner rather than later. Ironically, ASUS have somewhat of a reputation of buggy software/firmware when it comes to their GPUs in recent years, as I understand it.

Here's an interesting thing; ASUS apparently headhunted one of EVGA's best motherboard people back in the post-X58 days - Shamino. Shamino worked on their ROG Rampage and Maximus series boards. A very talented person. I think that speaks to the quality of people EVGA hire.

post edited by Nereus - 2022/08/16 14:01:22

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: 3090ti FTW3 Nightmare 2022/08/16 14:00:35 (permalink)
Hi s1lence1,

Following along with the thread, it seems like we still need to figure out if your card is working or not.  Once you get your replacement motherboard, please let us know what the verdict is regarding the card.  If you need assistance with replacing the card at that point, please reach out to our Customer Service team or me and we'll get you squared away. 
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: 3090ti FTW3 Nightmare 2022/08/16 14:04:19 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
Hi s1lence1,

Following along with the thread, it seems like we still need to figure out if your card is working or not.  Once you get your replacement motherboard, please let us know what the verdict is regarding the card.  If you need assistance with replacing the card at that point, please reach out to our Customer Service team or me and we'll get you squared away. 

^ just another example of the high level of EVGA CS.   I've never seen anything like this on ROG.ASUS.com forums.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: 3090ti FTW3 Nightmare 2022/08/21 00:06:28 (permalink)
s1lence1
ty_ger07
Iyatsu
Evga makes a solid motherboard! No reason to never buy one especially when it’s the Evga Dark boards! They are second to none with Vince!

Nah. If you like dealing with buggy firmware and software, sure.

lol.. ASUS just issued an official recall on their Z690 ROG Maximus Hero boards due to fire and burn risks.. 10,000 of them! (link).  ...what were you saying about tried and tested again? lmao...

808sting
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 462
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: 3090ti FTW3 Nightmare 2022/08/21 01:59:46 (permalink)
Nereus

lol.. ASUS just issued an official recall on their Z690 ROG Maximus Hero boards due to fire and burn risks.. 10,000 of them! (link).  ...what were you saying about tried and tested again? lmao...

That's the old problem that was flagged earlier this year.  I guess it took this long to issue a mandatory recall for those that don't keep up on tech news.

i9 13900KS, Asus ROG Hero Z690 MB, 32GB G.Skill DDR5-6400
Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC
External open-loop w/Velocity2 WB
Corsair 900D Case
Firecuda SSD 1TB & 2TB, EVO 970P 1TB, Black 8TB
Asus & LG BD-RE
Corsair AX1600i PS
LG 38GL950B-G
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile