EVGA

3090 FTW3 Failure... again.

Author
jkostovich
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/11/28 10:57:15 (permalink)
So from anyone else here what are my options here? I sent in a card for the new world issue (happened in another game, same problem though) and it was a rev 0.1 card. I get sent back another rev 0.1 card. I was weary about this but gave EVGA the benefit of the doubt. 2 weeks later, here we are again, dead card, EXACT same problems. How is this acceptable? There is a KNOWN issue with this board and that's the solution, just send em back another one that's going to die sooner rather than later and repeat the process? Is there anyway to guarantee a rev 1.0 board or is there anyway to downgrade to a 3080 as I see far less issues with that card. This is getting extremely frustrating. I would prefer not to be down every 2 out of 5 weeks because im RMA'ing another 3090.

11 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_MatthewC
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 128
    Re: 3090 FTW3 Failure... again. 2021/11/28 14:02:34 (permalink)
    Hello,

I've replied to the support ticket you sent in. We'll set this right. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions regarding your RMA.
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: 3090 FTW3 Failure... again. 2021/11/28 14:34:06 (permalink)
    Feel free to tell us publicly whatever EVGA wants to discuss in private.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

jkostovich
    Re: 3090 FTW3 Failure... again. 2021/11/29 09:01:24 (permalink)
    EVGATech_MatthewC
    Hello,

I've replied to the support ticket you sent in. We'll set this right. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions regarding your RMA.

Hello,
    Unfortunately I cannot PM as my account hasn't met the proper requirements.

1. When is the turnaround for the email from UPS for the label?

2. Is this going to be a "refurbished" 1.0 card or a new one, I reallllly do not want to go through a refurb yet again. I put my faith in EVGA 1 time and got burned, I want a new card to replace this as I cannot trust the refurbs at this point.

Thanks,
    Joseph

CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14533
    • Ribbons : 222
    Re: 3090 FTW3 Failure... again. 2021/11/29 10:02:45 (permalink)
    jkostovich
    EVGATech_MatthewC
    Hello,

Hello,
    Unfortunately I cannot PM as my account hasn't met the proper requirements.

1. When is the turnaround for the email from UPS for the label?

2. Is this going to be a "refurbished" 1.0 card or a new one, I reallllly do not want to go through a refurb yet again. I put my faith in EVGA 1 time and got burned, I want a new card to replace this as I cannot trust the refurbs at this point.

Thanks,
    Joseph

If your card is 30 days old, it will be a refurbished card. 

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
    Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
    ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
    64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
    MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: 3090 FTW3 Failure... again. 2021/11/29 10:08:31 (permalink)
    wary...WARY...weary is tired.

Regardless, as Craptacular said...30+ days old? Refurbed ...

If they don't have any refurbed in their hands I'm not sure what they'll do....doubt they have any new ones to send in that case either....(I'm not an eVGA employee)

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

jkostovich
    Re: 3090 FTW3 Failure... again. 2021/11/29 11:54:43 (permalink)
    So its just a cycle of refurbs until I happen to not get a lemon. Fantastic.
    CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: 3090 FTW3 Failure... again. 2021/11/29 15:43:22 (permalink)
    jkostovich
    So its just a cycle of refurbs until I happen to not get a lemon. Fantastic.

It's virtually the same with every other brand as well. There are no brands of cards I'm aware of that replace cards that have been in your possession for over 30 days with new ones, they are all refurbished cards. 

AkaalElite
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: 3090 FTW3 Failure... again. 2022/02/15 00:47:33 (permalink)
    I've also just sent in my 3090 FTW3 Ultra which randomly stopped working. Its a Rev0.1 aswell and funnily i have not gamed heavily on it or OC'ed. I purchased it back in 2020 so i'm left wondering was this just eventually going to happen. Currently, RMA'ed but i was told by support that after assessment it will either be repaired, if not replaced by a refurbished KL (LHR anti-mining) model. So not only am i getting a non-KR model but it will also be refurbished/recertified without any extension to my warranty or loss of time between the RMA and replacement.

Being in Australia i find it unbelievable that we cannot purchase additional warranty, but are expected to go through this cycle with refurbished cards (hope they don't fail) or our warranty does not run out (since warranty does not restart if the card is replaced), not to mention paying for shipping the card back for RMA. If we could purchase additional warranty we would have a peace of mind knowing that even if its a replacement card and it failed that we would be covered because we now have that additional time to use it. Imagine getting a replacement(s) close to the end of your warranty period and than seeing it fail only to have no warranty left and not be able to do anything about it. 

Can't really win...
    CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: 3090 FTW3 Failure... again. 2022/02/15 08:22:23 (permalink)
    AkaalElite
    I've also just sent in my 3090 FTW3 Ultra which randomly stopped working. Its a Rev0.1 aswell and funnily i have not gamed heavily on it or OC'ed. I purchased it back in 2020 so i'm left wondering was this just eventually going to happen. Currently, RMA'ed but i was told by support that after assessment it will either be repaired, if not replaced by a refurbished KL (LHR anti-mining) model. So not only am i getting a non-KR model but it will also be refurbished/recertified without any extension to my warranty or loss of time between the RMA and replacement.

Being in Australia i find it unbelievable that we cannot purchase additional warranty, but are expected to go through this cycle with refurbished cards (hope they don't fail) or our warranty does not run out (since warranty does not restart if the card is replaced), not to mention paying for shipping the card back for RMA. If we could purchase additional warranty we would have a peace of mind knowing that even if its a replacement card and it failed that we would be covered because we now have that additional time to use it. Imagine getting a replacement(s) close to the end of your warranty period and than seeing it fail only to have no warranty left and not be able to do anything about it. 

Can't really win...

There are no "KL" or low hash rate RTX 3090 cards they are all full hash rate. Furthermore no, you aren't entitled to a warranty extension because your card failed. No GPU vendor that I'm aware of does this, so not sure why you would expect that here. You had the opportunity to purchase the extended warranty when you bought the card for 90 days. You didn't choose to do so, that's on you. And finally, no you aren't entitled to a new card either you've had the card for well over a year at this point, it's standard practice to have your card be replaced with a certified refurb. 

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: 3090 FTW3 Failure... again. 2022/02/15 08:36:29 (permalink)
    CraptacularOne
    There are no "KL" or low hash rate RTX 3090 cards they are all full hash rate. Furthermore no, you aren't entitled to a warranty extension because your card failed. No GPU vendor that I'm aware of does this, so not sure why you would expect that here. You had the opportunity to purchase the extended warranty when you bought the card for 90 days. You didn't choose to do so, that's on you. And finally, no you aren't entitled to a new card either you've had the card for well over a year at this point, it's standard practice to have your card be replaced with a certified refurb. 

EVGA Extended Warranty
    EVGA Extended Warranty is an optional purchase program to extend the standard 3-year warranty on select products by either an additional 2 or 4 years on a qualifying product. This offer is open to all customers located in the Contiguous United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, and Europe. The Extended Warranty is valid only for the original purchaser and may not be transferred to another product* or a subsequent purchaser of the same product.

Extended warranties aren’t part of Australia.

3090’s don’t have Lite Hash Rate versions.

If a card is warrantied near the end of its warranty and the replacement is DOA, I am sure companies would make an exception to get users back to operational. From what I understand, warranty extensions in Australia go through the retailer, but I am not sure of all of the AU technical aspects.
    AkaalElite
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: 3090 FTW3 Failure... again. 2022/02/15 11:31:47 (permalink)

" There are no "KL" or low hash rate RTX 3090 cards they are all full hash rate. Furthermore no, you aren't entitled to a warranty extension because your card failed. No GPU vendor that I'm aware of does this, so not sure why you would expect that here. You had the opportunity to purchase the extended warranty when you bought the card for 90 days. You didn't choose to do so, that's on you. And finally, no you aren't entitled to a new card either you've had the card for well over a year at this point, it's standard practice to have your card be replaced with a certified refurb. "

Thanks for the clarification on the KL models. The customer rep was probably confused as i did ask her if she was indeed talking about my 3090 model as she pointed out KL, L for Lima.

I never mentioned a new card or what i'm entitled to. I completely understand that i may be provided a refurbished model if i choose a replacement however, that's not the point i'm making. There is clearly a precedent/pattern set with the 3090 cards particularly the Rev0.1 failing even after 2 rma's for some people. For some after a few days and others after a year. Whilst others have pointed out that they had no more issues after they got a Rev1.0. Of course, i cannot confirm this myself as i don't have my replacement yet. Additionally, my situation is contextually different to you as i pointed out i'm in Australia. My shipping costs are upwards of $100 and shipping times around 3-4 weeks.  Now couple that with multiple RMA's. It all adds up when your on the clock for your warranty. Anyways as the Moderator above pointed out, exceptions can be made. Thanks

post edited by AkaalElite - 2022/02/15 11:35:04
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile