EVGA

3080 XC3 Ultra with Hybrid Kit - Very strange noise since I installed the AIO - HELP!!!

Author
helleren
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/10/09 02:43:33 (permalink)
Hi!
So I recently installed a Hybrid Kit on my EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra. I have not had any issues before (except it was hot, like every 30-series, therefore I bought the gpu AIO). The installation process was smooth and no trouble at all, followed the instructions carefully, and took it slow, was as gently as on could and wore ESD-protection.

When finally done, I mount it on the MB, booting it up and... It sounds like nothing I've heard before. Before I had a 2060S with coilwhine, so I know how that sounds, and this can’t be coilwhine!? The sound is there whether idle or under maximum load.

Demonstration: Search on Youtube; 10Xt50JKbTA (I can't post with URL yet)

Performance is not worse, and it’s not fan noise, because it's still there when the fan is off. So could it be the pump? I don't know, but I don't think so.. This sound is pretty low pitched, and I have a AIO for the CPU, and I know how that sounds when at 100%. It really sounds like a electric buzz of some sort... So I need to know what to do here. I really don't want to dissassemble it again because it really was a pain and took a long time... Should I RMA, or is it something else I can do?

post edited by helleren - 2021/10/09 02:47:03

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile