3080 TI HDMI Not Working

Author
anthschulz
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/08/08 20:05:15 (permalink)
Hey all,

I honestly just want to make sure I covered all my bases before I consider RMAing the card. So I bought this 3080 Ti last year around July. I've never used HDMI because I was always using the DP 1.4 port for my monitor. Recently moved and got a  and was like great I can play games on the tv. Bought a HDMI cable for a  and plugged it into the tv. The screen was distorted and it wasn't displaying things correctly. Tired all 4 ports on the tv and same issue. Thought it was the cable. Got another HDMI cable same issue. plugged my work laptop in the tv with the same cables and it worked.

So was like okay maybe the Driver is broken. Ran the DDU program to wipe out all the drivers and try again. Reinstalled the  drivers and same issue. Thought maybe there is dust in the port. Got compressed air and cleared it out. Same issue. Works with the laptop but not the GPU HDMI port. So is my port dead? or something else. I think I covered all my bases but want to check. Its still under warranty and this was the first time using the HDMI so I  never knew it might have been broken. 

1 Reply Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: 3080 TI HDMI Not Working 2022/08/09 03:17:28 (permalink)
    Yep, sounds busted to me.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile