knightsilver
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 9430
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 14
2019/12/28 17:33:23 (permalink)
link:
https://8020.net/xdiy1805

Ive been toying with the idea of having a ergonomic desk and racing/combat cockpit desk in one, for awhile now. Never understood why we cant get tactile "like a rumble pack on a game controller" on different parts of the racing cockpit and or seat, to give players a more real like feedback when racing.

I have a few rough ideas on how to do the cockpit with a desk and be ergonomic. 

Anyone interested?

3 Replies Related Threads

mouse53
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 159
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 2N1 Racing Cockpit & Desk? 2020/01/13 20:38:23 (permalink)
    I have seen some configured sim racing set-ups that looked to be including a desk,  but where to put the wheel,  joystick, mouse, keyboard, and pedals can be challenging.  They need to be comfortably accessible for each different function.  I have my sim off to the side,  but still have to change seats and have the monitor tilted to one side. Haven't seen anything that solves all the problems yet.
    BDay33
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 167
    Re: 2N1 Racing Cockpit & Desk? 2020/01/14 06:35:44 (permalink)
    mouse53
    I have seen some configured sim racing set-ups that looked to be including a desk,  but where to put the wheel,  joystick, mouse, keyboard, and pedals can be challenging.  They need to be comfortably accessible for each different function.  I have my sim off to the side,  but still have to change seats and have the monitor tilted to one side. Haven't seen anything that solves all the problems yet.

https://sim-lab.eu/

Best value sim-racing cockpit by far. Options for a keyboard/mouse tray. Very sturdy with 80/20 material. Infinitely customizable.

There are plenty of motion rigs out there as well. There are also these things called Buttkickers that can be mounted to any rig to give the OP some of the feedback he's looking for. Sim-racing is starting to get big, and there's a lot of solutions out there that a lot of people aren't aware of.
    post edited by BDay33 - 2020/01/14 06:38:54

mouse53
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 159
    Re: 2N1 Racing Cockpit & Desk? 2020/01/14 10:44:13 (permalink)
    I agree sim racing is getting bigger even though it has been around for a while.  I had checked out many of the newer racing chairs,etc,  and have noticed the aluminum slotted type too.  I decided to build my own,  it works for me and the price was right,  but it is a constantly changing process as I try new ways and materials. I have also considered using the ButtKickers that would mount under the whole rig and increase the Force Feedback quite a bit.  I think they are limited .  I wonder if you used both the ButtKickers and VR how that would go,  maybe experience a roll-over or more. Anyway can become an expensive sport as many of the better quality components aren't cheap. Just remember that Microsoft and Logitech are at the bottom of the list, Fanatech and Thrustmaster are probably middle to top.
    post edited by mouse53 - 2020/01/14 10:46:44
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile